News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
Where is the bolded coming from exactly? I've seen multiple people post it, but I'm not sure where it is coming from.

I think it may come from tweets from other player's wives, but they may be making some logical leaps based on what I've seen.

The initial allegations also suggest that some of this might have been public. In particular, some of the sworn statements from Ms Karlsson, like - "Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead" use the term "uttered", which strongly suggests that Caryk said these things out loud. It could have been said in private, but its not a leap to think that Karlsson probably didn't want a bunch of private conversations with someone who wished bad things for her unborn child. Put that with what the other wives are saying and it seems probable that some of this was public.

Again, she said something along the lines of "if only you knew how unsurprising this really is", right? That could be because she witnessed something, or it could be because she was told in advance by Karlsson's wife or someone else. We don't know how she came to that conclusion

The phrase "if only you knew how unsurprising this really is" suggests existing hidden knowledge, not common knowledge that was previously hidden. Its possible that Marle used the phrase in a weird fashion, but its not unreasonable for people to think that she continues to have some knowledge that makes the situation seem less surprising.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I looked on Twitter but didn't see anything. However I am terrible at social media, is there a link or something?

From reddit:

James Duthie on TSN1050: “Sad thing is from everything I am hearing we may not have heard the end of craziness out of Ottawa. There might be more coming down the chute. I don’t know what the more is yet, I’ve just heard there is more.”

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Didn't some guy come on here yesterday and sort of suggest that there were rumours concerning Senators scouts getting into some sort of incident?

Seems like a plausible source for more negativity.

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
From reddit:

James Duthie on TSN1050: “Sad thing is from everything I am hearing we may not have heard the end of craziness out of Ottawa. There might be more coming down the chute. I don’t know what the more is yet, I’ve just heard there is more.”

Meh. My guess is its the missed payroll rumour from the end of April.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What the f***. What is the additional garbage? Feel free to PM me if you won't post it here.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
You think Hoffman was sending those tweets?

Just stop.
I don't know bro but we'll find out.

Seems like the whole team knew this has been happening for months. The Karlsson's definitely have evidence. Karlsson and Hoffman almost came to blows a few weeks back. Personally, I'd like to believe he didn't have anything to do with the posts but I'd also like to believe that his fiance didn't either. Lets put it this way, if we're all guessing what the next crazy news story that comes out of Ottawa, Hoffman being 'more' involved in this mess than we know, is not a bad guess.

Reactions: Kr0nikPayn3

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I check up here once in a while to get my updates of Sens news, and it seems that every time I come here since last fall this has become a recurrent theme:

giphy.gif

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Panthers fan coming in peace with a few random thoughts.

1. At least your team beat my Panthers down the stretch and kept us from making the playoffs (one point).... tiny victories and all that (I'm pretty sure I can't cheer anyone up with this)

2. How do you know Mike Hoffman or Monika Caruk aren't posting here using fake identities.... (someone had to say it)

3. I thought our intentional loss or Marchessault and Smith at the Expansion Draft was the most boneheaded thing all year.... until this.... (I'm pretty sure I can't cheer anyone up with this either)

4. This is a very interesting discussion and I wouldn't hang my head if I were a Sens fan. This isn't on the hockey team overall or the fan base at all. It's on a singular person or maybe two. And on the management for staying blind too long (believe me I'm familiar with that concept!)

5. Although solid evidence isn't in, this looks really bad for Mike and Monika. While this isn't as serious as OJ's case, the parallel is that OJ wasn't found guilty either but his days of getting employed were over. Not impossible here unless either Mike Hoffman leaves her, or he and Monika (through lawyers) are able to put some credible evidence backing their innocence. It certainly looks like the charge hasn't been brought up carelessly.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Panthers fan coming in peace with a few random thoughts.

1. At least your team beat my Panthers down the stretch and kept us from making the playoffs (one point).... tiny victories and all that (I'm pretty sure I can't cheer anyone up with this)

2. How do you know Mike Hoffman or Monika Caruk aren't posting here using fake identities.... (someone had to say it)

3. I thought our intentional loss or Marchessault and Smith at the Expansion Draft was the most boneheaded thing all year.... until this.... (I'm pretty sure I can't cheer anyone up with this either)

4. This is a very interesting discussion and I wouldn't hang my head if I were a Sens fan. This isn't on the hockey team overall or the fan base at all. It's on a singular person or maybe two. And on the management for staying blind too long (believe me I'm familiar with that concept!)

5. Although solid evidence isn't in, this looks really bad for Mike and Monika. While this isn't as serious as OJ's case, the parallel is that OJ wasn't found guilty either but his days of getting employed were over. Not impossible here unless either Mike Hoffman leaves her, or he and Monika (through lawyers) are able to put some credible evidence backing their innocence. It certainly looks like the charge hasn't been brought up carelessly.

OJ? Really? He friggin murdered someone and got off on technicalities. This is just a loser wife talking shit on social media. Still egregious, but I had to jump on that comparison, that's taking it a bit far. Guys in pro sports have beaten women to a pulp and still let back in, as we're seeing with Voynov, I highly doubt this would lead to a full on permanent exile from Hoffman.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
OJ? Really? He friggin murdered someone and got off on technicalities. This is just a loser wife talking **** on social media. Still egregious, but I had to jump on that comparison, that's taking it a bit far. Guys in pro sports have beaten women to a pulp and still let back in, as we're seeing with Voynov, I highly doubt this would lead to a full on permanent exile from Hoffman.
You didn't read my post, obviously. Well, whatever.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You didn't read my post, obviously. Well, whatever.
Maybe I misread it, just seemed strange to see a murderer used as a kind of parallel to this cyber bullying situation. I think without a doubt that Mike Hoffman will be employed in the NHL regardless of whether she's innocent, guilty, or they're both guilty, and it wouldn't be at all similar to OJ's case, because it's not at all in the same realm of crimes.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Crimes aren’t an issue, breaking the “code” is an issue. Nobody cared about Leonard Little playing football, but Kaepernick draws the ire of the President. Kerry Rhodes couldn’t get a contract because of rumours he was gay.

Craig McTavish is a respected hockey man and was never shunned. Offhand I can’t think of any blacklisted hockey players, but hockey seems like a code sport. Ted Nolan seemed to be blacklisted. Corey Hirsch seemed to get a rough ride and he was seen as a different duck.

In short, if Hoffman is seen to be a violator of the code, that is worse than crimes.

Oddly, it seems like you can break the code on the ice, just not off it. Bertuzzi represented his country after assaulting an opponent. Steve Moore was largely ridiculed and outcast by the hockey community.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
If it’s infecting the dressing room, no he doesn’t.

Precisely!! The mood and chemistry in a pro locker room is arguably most critical key in winning. With these revelations it’s no wonder they were so freakin bad this season. If I’m Hoff I’m hiring my own legal team and PIs to determine validity of these allegations and if I get one sniff they could be legit I’m punting her the very next second . Otherwise he’s done. No team crazy enough to expose their locker room to cancer....his 30 goals be damned!

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Crimes aren’t an issue, breaking the “code” is an issue. Nobody cared about Leonard Little playing football, but Kaepernick draws the ire of the President. Kerry Rhodes couldn’t get a contract because of rumours he was gay.

Craig McTavish is a respected hockey man and was never shunned. Offhand I can’t think of any blacklisted hockey players, but hockey seems like a code sport. Ted Nolan seemed to be blacklisted. Corey Hirsch seemed to get a rough ride and he was seen as a different duck.

In short, if Hoffman is seen to be a violator of the code, that is worse than crimes.

Oddly, it seems like you can break the code on the ice, just not off it. Bertuzzi represented his country after assaulting an opponent. Steve Moore was largely ridiculed and outcast by the hockey community.

I've had the same thought. Seems in sports that breaking "the code" is way worse than actual crimes. It's completely backwards, but I think you're right.

Reactions: Tighthead

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This blew up after the season, but no doubt this weighed heavily on Karlsson, who looked distracted and unfocused literally every night. Now, one can understand why.

Karlsson was dejected when he found out as the person who told me last month said that was his reaction, like a betrayal. Karlsson told this person that it was going to get crazy, and he was not bluffing.

I wonder what happened for this to have gone public. I am going to try and find out. I can't see this being a surprise to Hoffman as I can see Karl threatening him to go public with this. Something must have happened because Hoffman could have simply requested a trade and his life and career and business would have been intact. Like Heatley.

Instead this was clearly an attempt by Karlsson to ruin Hoffman's career and livelihood. The wrath and vengefulness to expose this and further embarrass this franchise tells me that Karlsson is gone and left a tire fire behind. Or else it would have stayed under wraps. If he cared about the team.

I mentioned a month ago that he was on the warpath and it was going to get ugly, but never thought it would get this bad.

Reactions: BigRig4

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This blew up after the season, but no doubt this weighed heavily on Karlsson, who looked distracted and unfocused literally every night. Now, one can understand why.

Karlsson was dejected when he found out as the person who told me last month said that was his reaction, like a betrayal. Karlsson told this person that it was going to get crazy, and he was not bluffing.

I wonder what happened for this to have gone public. I am going to try and find out. I can't see this being a surprise to Hoffman as I can see Karl threatening him to go public with this. Something must have happened because Hoffman could have simply requested a trade and his life and career and business would have been intact. Like Heatley.

Instead this was clearly an attempt by Karlsson to ruin Hoffman's career and livelihood. The wrath and vengefulness to expose this and further embarrass this franchise tells me that Karlsson is gone and left a tire fire behind. Or else it would have stayed under wraps. If he cared about the team.

I mentioned a month ago that he was on the warpath and it was going to get ugly, but never thought it would get this bad.
What a warped interpretation of this situation.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: Liliaceae

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I'm not so sure about this theory. It has already been mentioned that the Karlsson's wanted this to be private, and I'm not sure an angry EK would bring all of this attention down on his own wife and family just to embarrass Hoffman. More likely that through the escalated process of involving law enforcement, the story was caught and leaked.

This is not likely to ruin Hoffman's career at all, heck, we watched Pronger force a move from Edmonton due to infidelity wasn't it? and win a cup in Anaheim. It also doesn't seem likely that he's mad at the organization about this because he's been adamant about wanting to stay, well after the events took place. He apparently asked PD to trade Hoffman, and from what we're hearing Hoff is on the block.

Hoff traded, EK signed, everyone moves on.... (fingers crossed)

Vengeful wrath seems a tad dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad