Mike Commodore - " Mike Babcock doesnt have the respect of his players" Amazing Interview with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogeybendo

Dec 18, 2017
How is it not the same? Both players signed 1 year contracts and Leafs fans assumed Moore would be the 4th line centre since they had not re-signed Brian Boyle. The difference is we never heard Moore come out and complain that Babcock lied to him and sabotaged his career.

Commodore claims he was told by the coach that he would be in the top six.... there is nothing to suggest Moore was told anything similar.... leafs fans assuming he would be the 4th line centre is different than being told by the coach you would be in the top 6.

I'm not saying commodore is justified, just that your argument is not very good.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Commodore is an idiot. I find it kinda funny that one of the main things people bashed Babcock for in the past is the whole not playing Modano for that one game thing, and now people hate him for playing Marleau and refusing to sit him and break his consecutive games streak, even though it's been confirmed as important to the player.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
When and where did he say or imply that the team would do better with Babcock?
Perhaps the team would be even worse with Babcock still here, seeing as how he lost the room and is not very good with younger guys. His comment shows that Babcock lost the locker room.

Spokane felt differently.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Commodore claims he was told by the coach that he would be in the top six.... there is nothing to suggest Moore was told anything similar.... leafs fans assuming he would be the 4th line centre is different than being told by the coach you would be in the top 6.

I'm not saying commodore is justified, just that your argument is not very good.
Commodore has himself to blame since he admitted thinking that Babcock screwed him over during his time with the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks of the AHL. No one forced him to sign with Detroit all those years later when Babcock was the Red Wings coach and it's been proven that after his time in Detroit he still sucked once he was back in the AHL and later on than the KHL. He should have kept his thoughts to himself because if Chris Chelios is the only other former player who also hates Babcock since he did not play him every night at the age of 46, he's got no leg to stand on.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

I am guessing the conversation probably wasn't "if you can't play well enough to be a KHLer, you'll be in the top 6".

Reactions: LeafsNation75

TradeforWendel

Mar 8, 2007
Canada
Best way to achieve that is to post anything.

With that in mind...

I wonder if Commodore has signed the petition yet?

Babcock Replacement Petition

BurnsQuinn-956x1024.png

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
It won’t be long now before Commodore is only remembered as a whiner, and will be otherwise forgotten as a former hockey player.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Babcock has made the playoffs 14 out of the 16 years he has coached though. That is outstanding. And before you say it doesn't matter, you have to make the playoffs to win the Cup and lets not forget about playoff revenue.

Both his failure to win more Cups and his awesome making the playoffs record are likely just evidence of small sample size.
13 of those 16 teams were absolute locks to make the playoffs from the start of the season on though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Did Spezza actually have a good camp? Seemed to be half in the dog house on day one.

People were pretty upset with Babcock playing Marleau till his legs fell off and now they want him to make the sentimental choice on a guy making $700,000? Aside from name recognition, Spezza is a fourth line center at this stage in his career. Fourth liners are often scratched in favor of other fourth liners.

MapyPopa

Jul 1, 2019
Did Spezza actually have a good camp? Seemed to be half in the dog house on day one.

People were pretty upset with Babcock playing Marleau till his legs fell off and now they want him to make the sentimental choice on a guy making $700,000? Fourth liners are often scratched in favor of other fourth liners.
He had an awful camp.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

People were pretty upset with Babcock playing Marleau till his legs fell off and now they want him to make the sentimental choice on a guy making $700,000? Aside from name recognition, Spezza is a fourth line center at this stage in his career. Fourth liners are often scratched in favor of other fourth liners.

No.

Reactions: MapyPopa

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009

Because he played Marleau every game, almost 17 minutes a night despite him being nothing more than a 4th line player all year. So why change his stance from "tie goes to the vet" to, as you put it, "Fourth liners are often scratched in favor of other fourth liners" ?

It's pretty classless for him to do this IMO, its the home opener against his former team...Throw the guy a bone and play him 8 minutes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Because he played Marleau every game, almost 17 minutes a night despite him being nothing more than a 4th line player all year. So why change his stance from "tie goes to the vet" to, as you put it, "Fourth liners are often scratched in favor of other fourth liners" ?

It's pretty classless for him to do this IMO, its the home opener against his former team...Throw the guy a bone and play him 8 minutes.

Why? Jason Spezza is just a marquee name but at this stage in his career he's a depth player.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Spezza never felt like a Babcock player to me. I think there is some kind of disconnect between Dubas and him. Babcock would've never signed him if it was up to him I am pretty sure of.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It kind of feels like mike commodore doesn’t understand that this is a professional sport and seems to think sentimentality should outweigh merit in selecting lineups.

Reactions: DirkStraun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad