Mikael "Bruce" Granlund VII‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
He better not get a $5mil/year, he has not shown that type of consistent skill. The potential is there but he has not earned it yet. $4 max for a couple years.

And he needs to learn how to play without being as physical and aggressive, or he's going to have his career cut short. Think P. Kane. And Granlund is smart enough to play a more intelligent game - no reason he is always out checking guys and grinding along the boards.

Parise is a bit of an anomaly and our smaller players do not have to emulate this; I'm including Zucker on this list.

These guys need to work on finding the open ice better and avoiding contact with skill. There are plenty of shifty players in the NHL that prove smaller players can develop this ability.

And I'm looking to Yeo on this because I know it stems from him to have everyone play a physical and hard game. It's a little expected given how he played himself and his whole "warrior" mentality crap. Smarter not harder is not in his lexicon.

He also never made it to the NHL, so I am a little skeptical about just how wise he is about alternative ways to play the game. He reminds me of a drill sergeant in that there is only one way to do things.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, I don't see any way he could get more than $3mill/yr on a short deal. I think Dr Itor's got it right.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
I understand the prove it deal but it could backfire easily if Granlund steps up his game then Wild are in deep hole when it comes to his next contract, but it would be stupid to give him a 5 year deal when he hasn't proven anything yet and has a bad injury history

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I understand the prove it deal but it could backfire easily if Granlund steps up his game then Wild are in deep hole when it comes to his next contract, but it would be stupid to give him a 5 year deal when he hasn't proven anything yet and has a bad injury history

From what we've read, he's not even interested in a long deal at this point. I think 2 years is a term both parties can agree on. The price is another matter entirely, but more than 3 mil per year seems unlikely.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Is there a remote chance we send him to the AHL for a conditioning stint? I think he needs to find his legs.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm with TSK on this one I think. If there's a way to get him down to the AHL a few games we should take it even if he doesn't need if physically. It would be good to have him dominate on the top line down there for a game or two so when he comes back here he has some of the confidence he's been lacking the whole year.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm with TSK on this one I think. If there's a way to get him down to the AHL a few games we should take it even if he doesn't need if physically. It would be good to have him dominate on the top line down there for a game or two so when he comes back here he has some of the confidence he's been lacking the whole year.

We really need another scoring center beside Koivu and Yeo already said Granlund is a very important for Wild and wanted him back earlier. I would say there's 0% chance they will send him to AHL.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Could they just tender him his qualifying offer? I know the real world isn't like NHL15 but I think that's an option...he doesn't have to accept it true but not sure how much power he would have in that regard.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Could they just tender him his qualifying offer? I know the real world isn't like NHL15 but I think that's an option...he doesn't have to accept it true but not sure how much power he would have in that regard.

He has the leverage of leaving the organization.

It's not worth burning that bridge to save a little short-term caproom. Granlund is still a huge piece of this organization's future.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We really need another scoring center beside Koivu and Yeo already said Granlund is a very important for Wild and wanted him back earlier. I would say there's 0% chance they will send him to AHL.

Bring up Schroeder or Graovac. At this point, it won't hurt.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

I'm probably way off on the dates a qualifying offer has to be made but in my delusional Minnesota sports fan fantasy world, Edmonton extends a huge offer to Granlund, we don't match the deal and take the RFA compensation of their next 4 first round draft picks, including this year. Hello McDavid:sarcasm:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
So, in his first game back he created chances, had a couple of really good looks himself, shot the puck, was in general very involved offensively. And, he almost got himself killed a couple of times :laugh:

Overall good first game back. Hope he'd protect himself better but he tends to be kind of reckless by nature.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Happy to report he's looked very good since returning. I hope he continues to improve with each game. He's been a real positive last 3 games even with only 2 assists thus far could've easily been more

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Happy to report he's looked very good since returning. I hope he continues to improve with each game. He's been a real positive last 3 games even with only 2 assists thus far could've easily been more

Don't think he has looked any different than how he was playing earlier this year. He's played well when healthy...maybe not quite taken the jump some hoped...but he really hasn't been rewarded at all.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN

This has been said so many times about Granlund this year. Hopefully he really starts to find it in the last few months here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad