Mikael "Bruce" Granlund VII‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This has to be a record for number of threads on a single Wild player!

BTW - think this should be graduated from Prospect info to Player discussion?

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
This has to be a record for number of threads on a single Wild player!

BTW - think this should be graduated from Prospect info to Player discussion?

It will always be prospect info, until we actually see one of his passes turn into wine.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
15 shots on goal by that top line tonight!

Pommers led the way with 6 shots, Granlund 5 and Parise 4.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
If their passes had been just a little better (a little too much scrambling), they would have had a few more prime shots on goal.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
FBJ has lot of work to do in the olympics with Filppula and likely Mikko out.

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
So Mikko Koivu and Filppula are out. This is a horrible blow for team Finland, but at the same time will give even better opportunity for the young guns to excel. Granlund really has to shine if Finland wants to get a good result from the Sochi olympics.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
How was that line otherwise? They really need to score..

If they continue to play like they have been the goals will come. Just because Parise flubs an open net he makes 999 out of 1000 times or a goalie robs them doesn't mean they played any worse or better than if that same puck went in.

That line has been getting over half of the shots of the entire team alone. What does that mean? That means they are continually tilting the ice towards the offensive zone. Those shots that the goalie saves leads to stoppages and offensive zone face-offs for not only them but for other lines and puts pressure on the other team that can lead to penalties and etc.

Last edited:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think I've come to realize that my favorite thing about this kid is his compete level. There's a reason Pominville and Parise have raved about playing with him. Watching Granlund without the puck is a treat. He's always moving his feet and makes his teammates jobs so much easier because he's always open for a pass. I look forward to watching MG-64 and his fluttering saucers for years to come. Sky is the limit.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I'm rather surprised that the Finns assume he'll be a wing. He has become a solid center in the toughest league in the world, why not leverage that?

Thats because Finns are short of quality wingers, even more now that Filppula and Bergenheim are out.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Thats because Finns are short of quality wingers, even more now that Filppula and Bergenheim are out.

This. If Filppula would have played, Mikke could have been a center. Now there's no way.

FBJ must really hard turn his saucer passes into vodka if Finlad is going to have any success at Sochi :sarcasm:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
This. If Filppula would have played, Mikke could have been a center. Now there's no way.

FBJ must really hard turn his saucer passes into vodka if Finlad is going to have any success at Sochi :sarcasm:

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Granlund could be Finland's best player. You put your best players in the best position to succeed. It's irresponsible not too. Granlund game fits the center position so well. I can't understand that logic even with the lack of depth at wing.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Granlund could be Finland's best player. You put your best players in the best position to succeed. It's irresponsible not too. Granlund game fits the center position so well. I can't understand that logic even with the lack of depth at wing.

I agree that Granlund is better at center. But Finlands other centers simply cannot play at the wing, Kontiola, OJ, Barkov, Immonen... so Mikke is the only guy who can actually do it and he's been winger on NT. He's also our best faceoff-guy along with Jussi Jokinen :help:

Granlund is going to play a lot and in every situation. Most likely leading Finland's #1 PP. At least Minnesota fans will see him play a little bit different role in PP. Hopefully Yeo takes notice ;)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
In case any of you are interested.

Granlund-Barkov-Selanne

Will be their 1st line atleast in the opening game.

Very interesting to see that line, as haven't seen much (heard lots of praises though) for any of them this season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Granlund-Barkov-Selanne

Very interesting to see that line, as haven't seen much (heard lots of praises though) for any of them this season.

Barkov at center, huh?

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Barkov at center, huh?

Yep. The kid couldn't play winger to save his life. He's a good center though.

I would have put together Jussi Jokinen-Granlund-Korpikoski -line. That's the closest to Parise-FBJ-Nino :yo:

Last edited:

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011

Granlund-Barkov-Selanne

It will either be fantastic or suck donkey balls, no middle ground. And I don't think Teemu can play 1st line minutes anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad