Mikael "Bruce" Granlund VII‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm guessing that his injured wrist will cause him to use his shot less. Hard to see how that's possible, but there it is. Had a run or wrist/ forearm injuries around here, and that's usually how it goes.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
I'm just glad we don't have to watch Haula as #2 C when Granlund comes back.

Until the annual Mikko Koivu shoulder injury of course.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
I think koivu is already playing injured. Right now.

Honestly it feels like Finns are the most injury prone athletes in the world. No matter what the sport is everyone has been getting injured for so many years. The best examples are Sami Salo and Jari Litmanen (the most famous Finnish soccer player ever). Maybe we don't get enough vitamin D from the Sun? :(

Billy Mays Here*

I think koivu is already playing injured. Right now.

And there it is. After the season ends we'll find out just how many "injuries" Koivu was playing through and all will be forgiven right?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
And there it is. After the season ends we'll find out just how many "injuries" Koivu was playing through and all will be forgiven right?

Did you read the blog a while back where Russo said he's got a LBI? That was when Yeo had his meltdown, and it was mentioned once before that too when Koivu missed practice. Or do you think Russo's making things up? Sometimes these things are actually real.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Most hockey players are banged up to some extent. Koivu just always seems to have the "nagging injury" excuse for lack of production.

Leg, shoulder, ankle, this year a mysterious "lower body" injury.

Haven't seen Koivu skate really well since before Ohlund broke his leg.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Most hockey players are banged up to some extent. Koivu just always seems to have the "nagging injury" excuse for lack of production.

Yeah I doubt we will ever see fully healthy Koivu playing hockey anymore.

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
Not sure if its been discussed before; anyone see potential for Granny to be moved to wing at some point? I think his strengths are better suited for the wing. Plus his injury issues. Not really possible now considering our awful center depth, but maybe someday?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not sure if its been discussed before; anyone see potential for Granny to be moved to wing at some point? I think his strengths are better suited for the wing. Plus his injury issues. Not really possible now considering our awful center depth, but maybe someday?

I don't see us having 2 better center options than him for quite a while, so no.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

What's Granlund and Haula's excuse then?

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Some positivity.. Because why not? I bet that Granlund gets 20 points in his first 15 games back.

I don't think he played nearly as bad as his point totals suggest, and a horribly coached pp certainly contributed. but man, he's gotta stay healthy. I get that the byfuglien hit wasn't his fault at all, but i wish he'd use more finesse and such vs crashing into dirty areas.

You have skill, you can sometimes use that vs winning physical battles

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
But I said it about all players. Similar to last year when it came out about 3-5 players.

So what? That somehow changes how things are? None of us know the severity of anyone's injuries. Koivu's gone straight into surgery after at least one failed season in the past so it looks like they do let him play even with serious injuries. And I wouldn't consider 3-5 players to be 'all', just for the record.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Yeah I doubt we will ever see fully healthy Koivu playing hockey anymore.

And he gets paid $9 million in his final year in 2017. That's an unmovable contract if the Wild don't move him this Summer. These boards will be interesting if he's still around going into next season.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Guys, lets put Koivu talk in the Koivu thread in the future. :)

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Any thoughts what kinda contract he will be getting now that this season hasn't gone as well as expected?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Any thoughts what kinda contract he will be getting now that this season hasn't gone as well as expected?

Total guess here but probably something like two years, maybe 4-5m total? He did well last year but this year has been a total bust thus far. Add in injuries and it brings the cost down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad