Mikael "Bruce" Granlund VII‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd love to see him on the top PP. His assist to Dumba was nice last night. He's just so quick with his decisions and finding the open guy.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
That was vintage Granlund last night. Seems his confidence is up again and that's when he works his magic. Can't wait to see more, get him on the ice again!

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
That was vintage Granlund last night. Seems his confidence is up again and that's when he works his magic. Can't wait to see more, get him on the ice again!

It was the best game of the season for him, no doubt. I liked his breakaway move too, he left Enroth absolutely no chance.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Woohoo... That Granlund dangling from his knees .GIF...

Mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash it down with?

pulpfictionz.gif

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I've been paying a lot of attention to his defensive play lately and he's actually pretty damn good at it. Very well positioned and using his stick effectively. Looks like he's developed his two-way game a LOT even tho his offensive game has been struggling this season. +16 as of now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
His offensive game is coming back. 9 points in the past 7 games, with 5 multi point games since the all star break.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
I'm very impressed with how he's played since coming back from the wrist injury. He's been great in all three zones, especially since being re-united with Pommer and Parise

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
What's happening? This thread almost slipped to the 2nd page since no one is talking about the almighty Mikael "The Bruce" Granlund.

I was just stat-watching and it seems that dating from February 14th, he has 12 points (2+10) in 13 total games played. What however, amazed me more was that his plus/minus has been a whopping +13 in the last 12 games. Also, he seems to lead all Wild players in plus/minus with a +17 for the season.

So, why is no one talking about the Bruce? Is it due to the new toy-syndrome that the trade deadline brought to you guys? Remember the 1st Toy Story movie and how sad Woody became when Andy was more interested in Buzz Lightyear than him? We don't want the Bruce to become sad although Stewart can punch his way through a paper bag (something Bruce is not good at) and Bergy can move in light years (compared to Bruce's lumbering tumbling trod). But, The Bruce is a gift which we should cherish, through the good and the bad - and since he seems to have been playing better we should reward him.

So, any info on what Granny is doing differently now compared to the middle part of the season where he was slumping? Or is this just some good karma after periods of bad karma (points wise)? What is it? I want some Bruce-News!

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
So, any info on what Granny is doing differently now compared to the middle part of the season where he was slumping? Or is this just some good karma after periods of bad karma (points wise)? What is it? I want some Bruce-News!
The team isn't slumping, so that probably helps him and every player a lot.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
There's been a little talk about Granlund's faceoff abilities. Are faceoffs something you can realistically improve at with practice, or is it just kind of a more natural ability thing?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There's been a little talk about Granlund's faceoff abilities. Are faceoffs something you can realistically improve at with practice, or is it just kind of a more natural ability thing?

You can most definitely improve by practicing faceoffs. To be good on the dot, it's more than just timing...there's a lot of technique around body positioning, which hand to use, leverage, etc. based on the situation.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland

Can the lack of strength/size be a factor in the ability to take faceoffs efficiently at the NHL level?

In the Finnish league I remember Granny was a below to average faceoff taker, if I remember correctly. At least I wasn't comfortable with him taking faceoffs in the defensive zone while he was playing for HIFK (a team I am a fan of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad