Mikael "Bruce" Granlund VII‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
This has been said so many times about Granlund this year. Hopefully he really starts to find it in the last few months here.

Agreed. But when he plays like that and gets to the dirty areas he's quite an effective player. Albeit he gets smoked a lot which could be bad long term. But still I didn't expect him to do that right away.

That being said damn we need this kid healthy long term. I still think he will be a special one if he can learn to pick and choose when he takes contact a little better.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has to shoot more. I'm not asking him to be a sniper, but if he is open and in scoring position he has to take the shot. Right now, defenders don't feel the need to defend his shot.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
He has to shoot more. I'm not asking him to be a sniper, but if he is open and in scoring position he has to take the shot. Right now, defenders don't feel the need to defend his shot.

Making goalies respect his shot more would have the added effect of making his passes more dangerous too!! He'll get there.. Hopefully Parise wears off on him a bit more..

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
he's most comfortable as a pass-first player and he's much more effective when he's comfortable, so i have mixed feelings on wanting him to seek out shots. He can take them when they're obvious but if he has to think an extra half second about pulling the trigger I'd rather he just make the pass he sees clearly. work on the instinctual shooting in the offseason!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im really curious about the contract the wild will offer fbj, will it be coyle type money? brodin type money? or pommer type doe? stay tuned! i think he only deserves maybe 3.5 x 3 but what do i know.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Granlund is looking strong, seems like his skating has improved a lot.
Granlund can be the difference maker on your wild card spot chase, I do hope you get it.

By the way, how on earth is he in your 2nd PP unit and not even on ice 5-3??

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Granlund is looking strong, seems like his skating has improved a lot.
Granlund can be the difference maker on your wild card spot chase, I do hope you get it.

Koivu is there for the faceoff; Parise is a no-brainer; Suter plays point; for whatever reason they are locked into Pommer on the weakside; Vanek... he's just there.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Koivu is there for the faceoff; Parise is a no-brainer; Suter plays point; for whatever reason they are locked into Pommer on the weakside; Vanek... he's just there.

You'd think yeo would like to use granlund's vision, he has a great vision and he should be making the plays on 5-3.
And it seems like he's getting back to last years playoff form so use that.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Would rather Suter not on any of the PP and put Spurgeon on the top line and Scandella on the 2nd line with the "kids"

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would rather Suter not on any of the PP and put Spurgeon on the top line and Scandella on the 2nd line with the "kids"

I don't mind Suter on the point, but I'd rather he be flanked by Scandella on one side and Dumba on the other and let him just set those two up to bomb the net. Have Parise/Vanek/Nino netfront to screen/clean up rebounds.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't mind Suter on the point, but I'd rather he be flanked by Scandella on one side and Dumba on the other and let him just set those two up to bomb the net. Have Parise/Vanek/Nino netfront to screen/clean up rebounds.

Yes.

Spurgeon wouldn't be a bad option either.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Russo made a good point yesterday about not having Scandella on the PP cause they want to keep his minutes down to be as effective as he is 5v5 and on the PK. Suter's able to play as much as he is because he manages his effort well (if that makes any sense) while Scandella is able to play as hard as he is because he can put forth so much effort with less minutes.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Yes.

Spurgeon wouldn't be a bad option either.

Yep... I still think Spurgeon is an underrated PP man. He brings some smarts and clutchness that others don't bring. I know his PP stats don't look so great from last year, but I always feel better about the PP with Spurg on one of the points.

Edit: Annnnd since this is the Granlund thread... Granlund should definitely be out there for all future 5 on 3s instead of Thomas "Lets try to thread this pass through all three D-Men" Vanek!

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Our coach makes EXTREMELY questionable roster/line decisions.

Russo made a good point yesterday about not having Scandella on the PP cause they want to keep his minutes down to be as effective as he is 5v5 and on the PK. Suter's able to play as much as he is because he manages his effort well (if that makes any sense) while Scandella is able to play as hard as he is because he can put forth so much effort with less minutes.

I don't agree with that logic. Having Scandella play an extra 2-3 minutes per game on the PP isn't going to hurt him. It's the PP, you spend half the time standing around in the O zone and you never get hit.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I can't believe that he scored on a slapshot?!?! What is going on?

It was nice to see!

In the past, we've seen that he has a nice shot. If he starts using it and gets a little more confident scoring goals, it could open up a whole new level to his game (the level that I think most of us were expecting/hoping for this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad