Mikael Backlund guarantees Game 6 win

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So should he have said we have no chance? And dont give me this he should have said nothing stuff, make a statement and go with it. If the canucks are upset then they should have been playing hard in the first place.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Pfft..."OH, how could he say that!!!?!?!? RABBLE RABBLE RABBLEE!!!!". You guys/girls comes of as South park-characters, you know that right? Last time I heard him guarantee something it was: scoring 2 goals in the semis vs Russia in the WJC. Ofc he scored 2 and won us the game.

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
Before this comment, I don't think the Canucks were going to try very hard in game 6 but now they'll likely be playing with fire.

They're facing elimination, this has no bearing on anything.

This is true. Personally I think they are just flying back to Calgary to pick up Alex Burrows.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Quotes like this amp up the intensity for the next game... and hockey fans of the 28 other teams win big time! Looking forward to it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's fired up and has been one of the most consistent players in this series. I think he has the right to say that.

But hey, it's better than him making a fool out of himself by saying the Sedins are irrelevant.

idontwatchockeyatall

Dec 3, 2014
The Canucks should be using something else for motivation.

You know, like the fact that they are one loss away from hitting the golf course. What Backlund said is Ferelavant.

hope someone puts a sticker next to the flames dressing room before game 7 with a pic of Backlund saying "uhhhhh were going to win game six gaurenteed "

acting like this dosent fuel the fire is a joke.....these are the things you don't say after you just got outplayed by 2 ginger swedes

idontwatchockeyatall

Dec 3, 2014
He's fired up and has been one of the most consistent players in this series. I think he has the right to say that.

But hey, it's better than him making a fool out of himself by saying the Sedins are irrelevant.

you comparing two art ross winners to some ahl player who takes 6 strides before every hit (charge)

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
wouldn't you if you were playing the Canucks?

I don't understand and never will understand why this sort of talk riles people up. Is he supposed to say that he thinks they'll lose?

Tont

May 4, 2006
This means nothing. How does it give the Canucks added incentive? They'll be plenty motivated on their own for Saturday, an oppenent saying they're going to win is not going to change anyone's mindset.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
That's not a guarantee. It's what players should think and he just said it. Lot of noise out of nothing.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
This means nothing. How does it give the Canucks added incentive? They'll be plenty motivated on their own for Saturday, an oppenent saying they're going to win is not going to change anyone's mindset.

I'm not sure how it helps us, but I've been hearing everyone explain that Bieksa's comments about Ferkland have given the Flames extra incentive.

Any "guarantee" that doesn't actually guarantee anything is stupid. Now if he guaranteed a win by promising to repay every ticketholder if they lost I'd be impressed.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Daniel Alfredsson guaranteed a game 6 and 7 win back in 04 (they lost). Daniel Sedin guaranteed a game 7 win in the cup finals in 2011. Look how those worked out. I still find it strange that Messier is lauded as a god because his team happened to win when he guaranteed. I think this kind of talk happens a lot more than people realize and is a non-issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad