Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Well, if it's "ok" or "excusable" to lose vs a team because they're labeled the best team, why bother playing at all. I see those games vs great teams as tests, and it sure didn't look good tonight, with 0 goal.

I agree. What an attitude of mediocrity. But I am more mad at the way the team is built, than the players themselves.

Analyzer*

Worst thing is, we're missing a bunch of players already we can't even scratch Desharnais.

Had he scored on that one opportunity at 6 on 5, he would have earned a lot of leeway with pretty much everyone

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Plekanec and Gionta did not want to get down and dirty. For all the talk against the midget, both of them sucked bad. Back to being a peripheral player, mon Plekatchu.

In fact, the forwards did not want to play near the opposition's crease tonight, except White and Moen. And look what it brought to Moen.

This is not the way you win at home.

And for the life of me, why oh why do they keep on trying to stretch the play from their zone, when the opposition goes with a pressure-2 system???? The stretch pass never freaking works!!!!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Not his fault. Again, Price was good. Dany Dubé though is just saying that whenever there's a shot along the boards who is in the glass, you just don't go behind 'cause things like that can happen or you might not be able to stop it with your body. I hope Waite addresses that.

I thought that too, but in honesty, I'm not sure Price did.

He has historically had an issue with finding the puck visually. I'm not sure he knew where it was. In that case he must stay in the crease.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We've got a few options:

- Showcase him and try to trade him (PP with our biggest and best)
- Move him down in the lineup - see if he can be effective
- Waive him

I'd try things in that order

Already has been done for the last three years.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
subban is terrible
I thought he was mostly invisible this game. Terrible though? I don't think so. The Sharks just outplayed us. I didn't see our D making terrible mistakes, we just got lulled to sleep and they had a flukey goal.

It was a more boring game than what I'd call a bad one.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I can see how the Couture trip on Diaz could be let go, but given the fact that SJ just had 3 PP's, you'd think someone as obvious as that would be called. The fact that it ended up the game winner stings a bit.

The 2nd goal, well those things happen but the urgency on Plekanec should have been more when it popped out in front, no way Couture should have been able to touch that puck.

Really just a lot of bad luck, lazy play and giving up happened in this game, even Price looked uninterested even though he played well. Also, Bouillon with Subban made me very angry, Therrien is pissing me off!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad