Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

LesHabsRock

Sep 28, 2005
Windsor, Ontario
greggfu.blogspot.com
It's like watching a Friday the 13th movie. You're running as fast as you can and Jason is walking, but he catches you every time. Habs were skating especially in the first, but couldn't escape the Sharks. Penalties did them in and one fluke bounce.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
our saturday record is sexy...nobody loses with such grace like the habs.

just waive dd and hope someone picks him up, because he cannot possibly have trade value

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourself-wall-of-text-is-coming-0b44c5.jpg

Well it comes to no shocker that the better team won tonight. Our defense didn't know how to deal with the constant pressure and how fast the game was being execution was on the ice. The Sharks have a scary team and they will do some serious damage in the playoffs (and that was without Burns and their best defenseman in Boyle too). It's nice to see that Sheppard turned into a nice role player for them and I wish we had Couture on our team, a better version of Plekanec. Anyway, we didn't really play a bad game, we caught some bad breaks (i.e 2nd goal, Desharnais getting cockblocked by Vlasic) and the referees weren't doing us any favors by not calling penalties (i.e two borderline legal hits on Gallagher, the trip on Diaz on the 1st goal) against the Sharks. We looked good on the occasions were we were the ones putting the pressure on their defense. I thought Diaz was our best defenseman tonight, pinched at the right times and wasn't overwhelmed by the Sharks' speed unlike all of our defensemen. I hope Moen is okay because it'd be a shame if he got seriously hurt considering he's been great for us thus far.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not his fault. Again, Price was good. Dany Dubé though is just saying that whenever there's a shot along the boards who is in the glass, you just don't go behind 'cause things like that can happen or you might not be able to stop it with your body. I hope Waite addresses that.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
We could not penetrate their zone very much all night, except for a couple times where we did manage to get a little pressure. The team really looked small. A lot of perimeter play.

Apr 28, 2010
That's not how Chucky will get into Bouchard's bed. We all know how difficult Westmount girls are. I won't blame him for anything but he's not been great recently.

Seriously though, having a girl in the stands you're trying to impress, does make a difference in your game. Ive been there.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
As I said in the GDT:

What a piece of work is Bergevin! How noble in
reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving
how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel!
in apprehension how like a god!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Well, if it's "ok" or "excusable" to lose vs a team because they're labeled the best team, why bother playing at all. I see those games vs great teams as tests, and it sure didn't look good tonight, with 0 goal.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Plain and simply, we got beat by a much better team. Eller and Galchenyuk had their worst games of the season, Subban wasn't very noticeable, and Desharnais was just useless. Oh and those refs...my goodness.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Also, I am willing to bet DD finishes his contract in Montreal and sucks **** as he has been doing the whole time.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's like watching a Friday the 13th movie. You're running as fast as you can and Jason is walking, but he catches you every time. Habs were skating especially in the first, but couldn't escape the Sharks. Penalties did them in and one fluke bounce.

I'd agree about the penalties but also add "unbalanced".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad