Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The exclusivity lasted surprisingly long for FF7, potentially 1.5 years by the time it comes out on PC and Xbox. Usually its 1 year window. Maybe Sony extended it for the DLC.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Most of the people in the know are assuming it's WB Games. Not enough to spark "reeeee monopoly!" cries but big enough where it's a needle mover given the licenses that group controls (Mortal Kombat, Batman, LOTR, etc) and they're actively being shopped since they were basically the odd entity out after a merger

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Most of the people in the know are assuming it's WB Games. Not enough to spark "reeeee monopoly!" cries but big enough where it's a needle mover given the licenses that group controls (Mortal Kombat, Batman, LOTR, etc) and they're actively being shopped since they were basically the odd entity out after a merger

They should buy Take-Two Interactive.

Then they should make GTA 6 Xbox exclusive.

:sarcasm:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Feel like I’ve heard them buying another massive company non stop since Bethesda. Sega always seems to pop up. Guess just wait and see until it’s actually real.

Reactions: Daxi

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I hate to live up to my reputation as a negative Nancy and notorious hater but man the Series S version of Sable looks awful. The original announcement trailer blew my balls off but the final product has these weird overly sharpened lines over every edge that causes major shimmer effect.

I want to try to play it at 4k on my PC before I deliver the verdict but if it looks better man buying the Series S was a huge waste. This thing feels like a sub 1080p console more and more.

My summary of the gameplay so far:

When the devs made this game they must have thought "let's take the climbing from BotW, make it bad, and also lets make it the whole game."

Edit: Nope, set it to 4k, the art still has that weird MS Paint jagged line effect to it. This game has really brought out my inner hater. The announcement trailer got my hype levels too high.

Last edited:

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Scarlet Nexus is on GP, seems cool after an hour, the battle system is great

GamePass is why Xbox is dominating this generation from a consumer standpoint. Avengers + Scarlett Nexus with two day one AAA releases to end the year?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
GamePass is why Xbox is dominating this generation from a consumer standpoint. Avengers + Scarlett Nexus with two day one AAA releases to end the year?

They’re not dominating…yet. Gamepass to date has been crammed with a lot of junk and stuff that’s not exclusive to just Xbox (just Xbox and PC). Also, they have yet to release an Xbox Series X|S only game.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
They’re not dominating…yet. Gamepass to date has been crammed with a lot of junk and stuff that’s not exclusive to just Xbox (just Xbox and PC). Also, they have yet to release an Xbox Series X|S only game.
Games not being Xbox exclusive is a very good thing. I don't have to waste hundreds of dollars to play a few games that would run better on my PC anyway, and the console experience is exactly the same as if they were exclusive.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's undeniable that gamepass is an insanely good, deal. The problem is that it's just way way way waaaay too good. It's the Netflix honeymoon phase. The prices will rise, the library will get worse, and they'll close the gamepass loophole (which they already did earlier this year but reversed) and most likely there will be different price tiers which EA Play has already done.

I'm enjoying the honeymoon though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There’s a million games on Gamepass so there will be bad ones, but they add 2-3 games every month that I have a good time with. I checked out Avengers tonight and was kind of surprised how much I was enjoying the campaign.
Flight Simulator is Series X/S only.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
There’s a million games on Gamepass so there will be bad ones, but they add 2-3 games every month that I have a good time with. I checked out Avengers tonight and was kind of surprised how much I was enjoying the campaign.

Flight Simulator is Series X/S only.

Flight Sim has been out on PC for a Long time now.

Sony released Avengers as game of the month many many months ago. I bought it at launch and it was average at best. The new Black Panther DLC is awesome but the game thrives on the same hack and slash mechanics over and over again.

They’re not dominating anything yet. Yet. The program (I’m an ultimate member) is filled with average to below average fluff and stuff that never had console only exclusivity.

Why would I buy and Xbox when the games are available on PC Game Pass? People play PS5 because of the exclusive games. Xbox hasn’t figured that out yet. See what I’m getting at?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Why would I buy and Xbox when the games are available on PC Game Pass? People play PS5 because of the exclusive games. Xbox hasn’t figured that out yet. See what I’m getting at?

I don't think Microsoft cares all that much which platform you buy their game pass for. At his point "Xbox" should refer to their games catalogue/subscription service instead of their consoles.

Reactions: GreytWun

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Flight Sim has been out on PC for a Long time now.

Sony released Avengers as game of the month many many months ago. I bought it at launch and it was average at best. The new Black Panther DLC is awesome but the game thrives on the same hack and slash mechanics over and over again.

They’re not dominating anything yet. Yet. The program (I’m an ultimate member) is filled with average to below average fluff and stuff that never had console only exclusivity.

because not everyone plays on PC? A majority of the people in the world have one or the other as it is a huge expense to own both.

just because it does not appeal to you does not mean it wont appeal to a million others.

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad