Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The San Diego International Airport has a feature that you can land on the USS Midway Museum Aircraft Carrier that's docked in Downtown San Diego.

I tried to play this in the morning (Finnish time) but the game said I had to wait. But I did notice it was fully localized. So that's huge.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I tried to play this in the morning (Finnish time) but the game said I had to wait. But I did notice it was fully localized. So that's huge.
Reboot your console. I had the same thing. There's a 26 GB update that needs to be installed before you can play.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
There aren't a lot of joystick/HOTAS options on the Series X/S at this point are there? I can't imagine Flight Simulator being very satisfying on a gamepad.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Reboot your console. I had the same thing. There's a 26 GB update that needs to be installed before you can play.

I didn't get one, might have been downloaded already when I pre-installed the game during the weekend, but a friend said the game didn't open for him until around 6 in the evening our time.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So have there been any whispers on whether the Series X will be on sale around the holiday season this year? With supply issues still being a bit of a problem I'm not super optimistic, but I guess there is a chance. I work seasonal and get the start of December to around the middle of March off each year, so I was planning on getting a XSX for the off-season. My local stores do seem to have a few right now, but there is no point now as I work 60-70 hours a week and I don't have a huge problem waiting until the catalogue is a little stronger anyway.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man Flight Sim is gorgeous. I’m gonna crash a ton though.
Its actually pretty easy to play with a gamepad. Unfortunately they basically make zero fun to crash. Your plane just clips through whatever geometry and the screen goes black.

Also, if you have a 120 Hz tv the game has a 120 fps mode.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So have there been any whispers on whether the Series X will be on sale around the holiday season this year? With supply issues still being a bit of a problem I'm not super optimistic, but I guess there is a chance. I work seasonal and get the start of December to around the middle of March off each year, so I was planning on getting a XSX for the off-season. My local stores do seem to have a few right now, but there is no point now as I work 60-70 hours a week and I don't have a huge problem waiting until the catalogue is a little stronger anyway.

I don't foresee reducing the price on something that you can't find in stock anywhere. If anything I would expect more expensive bundles around Christmas by retailers due to demand.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Solitaire coming to gamepass. This is yuuuuge.

Its actually pretty easy to play with a gamepad. Unfortunately they basically make zero fun to crash. Your plane just clips through whatever geometry and the screen goes black.

Also, if you have a 120 Hz tv the game has a 120 fps mode.
By the way, correction on this. It doesn't run at 120 fps, its around 40 fps.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Man Flight Sim is gorgeous. I’m gonna crash a ton though.

Just downloaded it and it sure looks amazing. Did some of the free flights and figured it out as I go and was trying to land at one of the airports in the Mountains, major fail. lol. I do wish I could witness the entire crash instead of the ominous fade to black. Where are the jets?

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This.

Bloodroots is a hidden gem of Game Pass. It’s a one hit kill/death hack and slash that’s soooooo fun. Give this a shot, you’ll dig it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This.

Bloodroots is a hidden gem of Game Pass. It’s a one hit kill/death hack and slash that’s soooooo fun. Give this a shot, you’ll dig it.

I will say the story is insanely predictable you figure it out in the first 20 minutes almost
, which is funny because the game plays it off like it's a huge reveal and just ends the game on it. The gameplay is fantastic though. Very buggy though fortunately the game saves in every new room.

On a side note, been playing Gears of war 3. Man this game looks easily as good if not better than uncharted. Don't know why it didnt get more hype for the visuals.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Whats taking so long with Minecraft RTX on console? They showed it off like a year ago.

Maybe they just forgot about it? Maybe they're waiting for Series S to be optimized for it? Not sure.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just downloaded it and it sure looks amazing. Did some of the free flights and figured it out as I go and was trying to land at one of the airports in the Mountains, major fail. lol. I do wish I could witness the entire crash instead of the ominous fade to black. Where are the jets?

you have to dig through the settings i believe to find the different planes available to you. it took me a while to find them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->