Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
upload_2020-10-7_16-5-9.jpeg

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’ve got mine ordered from The Source, ordered it the morning of the preorder. It says estimated delivery is Nov 17th...really hoping I don’t have to wait an entire week after it’s launched to receive my console.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently the new Yakuza game has a 900p mode on Series S. Just make it 30 fps honestly.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly. The Series X has much less input lag from the controller and seems to get better with higher FPS???
Yup. I'm assuming those are different resolutions for those modes. For instance the 120 fps mode is prob in 1080p while the 60 would be in 4k (my guess)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Rainbow Six Siege is on Gamepass now.

A couple weeks ago I stacked two years of Live and spent $15 on Gamepass. Best deal in gaming history.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Are there any third party controllers that don’t have the stick drift issue? I just got Overcooked to play with my gf and it’s unplayable due to the subtlest left stick drift constantly forcing characters upward.

I stupidly bought a second Microsoft controller before loading the game (haven’t even used my Xbox in years). Waiting for this shit to start with that one, too.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Are there any third party controllers that don’t have the stick drift issue? I just got Overcooked to play with my gf and it’s unplayable due to the subtlest left stick drift constantly forcing characters upward.

I stupidly bought a second Microsoft controller before loading the game (haven’t even used my Xbox in years). Waiting for this shit to start with that one, too.

ive had half a dozen controllers and haven’t seen this. I’ve had some break due to wear and tear.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

The only problems I've had with this generation of Xbox controllers is the bumper buttons breaking on 2 of them early on - not sure if they've fixed that or it's just good luck that none have done that since.

But it could also come down to how much you've used them. I have 4 of them so I end up using different ones all the time, so it's possible they just haven't worn down enough. But it is almost inevitable with analog sticks that they start getting loose and drifting over time. Sometimes you can fix it or improve it for a while by opening them up and cleaning them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Second halo infinite lead leaves the project

I feel like it's probably best to scrap everything and focus on a standalone multiplayer, especially since it's very likely the rumored Battle Royale multiplayer influenced the "open world" single player decision. Just a guess but I think that decision may have affected both modes negatively.

Better to just polish the MP and get it out for the fans while the SP is gone back to the drawing board.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Second halo infinite lead leaves the project

I feel like it's probably best to scrap everything and focus on a standalone multiplayer, especially since it's very likely the rumored Battle Royale multiplayer influenced the "open world" single player decision. Just a guess but I think that decision may have affected both modes negatively.

Better to just polish the MP and get it out for the fans while the SP is gone back to the drawing board.

uggghhhh, really? this would be my first Xbox console therefore first Halo game so I was excited to finally play one but for it to be a Battle Royale type of game would totally be a deal breaker for me.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
My Series X shipped today from The Source. I’ve never ordered something through the mail for pre-order, does the post service just hold it until the 10th?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Microsoft just shipped my series x. Anyone else? Relieved it's on time.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Microsoft just shipped my series x. Anyone else? Relieved it's on time.
Yep! Mine shipped yesterday and is already one state away and could be here in a day or two, except it looks like it’ll be held until Nov. 10th. But at least I’m getting it on launch day! I was planning on it arriving a few days after.

I might try calling the shipping company to see if I can pick it up early once I see it arrived at my local facility. I doubt they’ll let me but it’s worth a try!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
These Gears 5 tech showcases for what it does on Series X is going to get me to try it.

Mine shipped today. Didn’t expect Lousville to be the shipping spot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad