Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
So my UGP ran out on Monday and I used a 12 month Live Gold code. Today I checked if the 1 euro offer was available for me but no so I planned to use a 14 day UGP code to turn the Live Gold into UGP and then use the two 12 month EA Play codes I bought for a combined 42,50€ to get 8 months of UGP. Except the 14 day code was meant for new users. So I bought one month of UGP from Microsoft's site and see that instead of around 5 months of UGP, I have a full year.

That sounds confusing, lol. MY UGP ran out last month and I have not renewed, I'm not playing too many games from there right now. They have a $1 offer on the home page but then when I click on it, it says $14.95

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That sounds confusing, lol. MY UGP ran out last month and I have not renewed, I'm not playing too many games from there right now. They have a $1 offer on the home page but then when I click on it, it says $14.95

That means you've used the offer before. It's now limited to one use. However, if you buy just one month of UGP and you've stocked up on Live Gold, it will still convert that into UGP.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Ok I'm addicted to Fight Night Champions, the backwards compatibility on this thing is amazing and you can still play online. PlayStation really dropped the ball with this, a whole generation of games (PS3) down the drain.

Edit: I was wrong (some) PS3 games are playable on PSNow but that's a subscription based service I don't think you can buy the digital copies and play them on a PS5 like you can with 360 games on Xbox Series S/X. Xbox's list of 360 games compatible with the Series S/X is also quite large as compared to its competition.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ok I'm addicted to Fight Night Champions, the backwards compatibility on this thing is amazing and you can still play online. PlayStation really dropped the ball with this, a whole generation of games (PS3) down the drain.

Edit: I was wrong (some) PS3 games are playable on PSNow but that's a subscription based service I don't think you can buy the digital copies and play them on a PS5 like you can with 360 games on Xbox Series S/X. Xbox's list of 360 games compatible with the Series S/X is also quite large as compared to its competition.

Xbox absolutely blows the competition out of the water for backwards compatibility. Not only Playstation, but Nintendo. Xbox is going to be taking Xbox 360 games, adding HDR and FPS Boost, and making them as close to current-gen as possible without fully remaking the game.

It's a great selling point for the Xbox, although with that being said, there's some gamers that don't care about that type of stuff and are only interested in newer games, which is cool, too.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I have a Series X, but sadly the only thing I've played on it was a few titles on Gamepass.

I really, really wish it had some launch exclusive like Hellblade 2 or Flight Simulator, but I'm sure COVID doesn't help anyone's development.

I spent way more time on my PS5 because of Demon Souls, and the games that I wanted to play generally running better on the ps5(so far) like Devil May Cry 5 special edition.

In saying that, I think the future is still really bright for Series S/X, Microsoft is doing everything right with Gamepass, and I trust them with cloud based things way more than I do Sony or Nintendo(lol). They just need these developers they threw a lot of money at to actually deliver quality content.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Me and one of my roommates split It Takes Two - lots of fun so far! The game has some pretty challenging moments and you really need to work together and communicate to time things right.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
upload_2021-4-6_15-40-32.png

GamePass for April

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Wow, I never thought Rockstar would put GTAV on Gamepass. It's still selling so well so long after release.

Anybody who hasn't played it should absolutely download it and play it. One of the best games of the last decade IMO.

I wanna say it was on Gamepass for a month or two..maybe 1.5-2 years ago? Not 100% on the timing but I remember it on there before.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I read it was on GP for four months last year then left when RDR2 came on.

Trying out Ryse, it's pretty good for what it is.

Need to get that external SSD soon, like tomorrow

The external SSD will not work for X/S games. Just letting you know now.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The external SSD will not work for X/S games. Just letting you know now.

Yep, which is fine, I didn't have a One so I've been mostly playing those games and aside from the Halo collection, they aren't x/s optimized so they should work off the external, if I'm understanding the articles I've read correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad