Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Wow, nice. The one thing my four-year-old HDR 4K display does not have is 120 fps. Curious if any of you with the X, are you seeing a vast difference over 60 fps.

30fps to 60fps is the biggest jump you'll notice with your eyes/feel.

I haven't tested out any Series X games over 60fps, but I played the entire Devil may Cry 5 Special edition on the PS5 at the unlocked framerate(around 100-120) and honestly I just slightly noticed it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I haven't tested out any Series X games over 60fps, but I played the entire Devil may Cry 5 Special edition on the PS5 at the unlocked framerate(around 100-120) and honestly I just slightly noticed it.

Interesting. I have to say the game that looks the absolute best on the Series X in terms of Frame Rates, textures during online competitive play has to be Fortnite. They did a tremendous job with the optimization. Gears looks great but not that big of a leap from the 1X. Warzone minor improvements. This year's new games should be really good.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Wow, nice. The one thing my four-year-old HDR 4K display does not have is 120 fps. Curious if any of you with the X, are you seeing a vast difference over 60 fps.

I havea 165 fps monitor. It's a difference between 60 fps but yeah not as big a difference as 30 to 60.

Reactions: Soedy and X66

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Has anyone tried Ori 2 on Series X? It had crazy frame drops for me last gen on the OneX, would love to get back into it at sometime.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
If you install it on the external drive then it will prompt you to move it to the internal drive or if you bought the $220 expansion, from there.

$220 is just too much for 1TB extra at this point, regardless if you play that many games unless money is not an issue. It's almost 50% the cost of the entire console. MSFT did disclose in Fall there will be other manufactures of the expansion SSD hopefully driving the price down, Seagate is the only one right now. In the meantime, I'll just use my External 2 TB to transfer games back and forth.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you install it on the external drive then it will prompt you to move it to the internal drive or if you bought the $220 expansion, from there.

I have it installed on my external, I have updated it since it has the XS logo, I played crossplatform with a friend, who's on PC, last week.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I haven't tested it extensively but it seems like the Quick Play feature doesn't apply to games that you're playing from the external drive, which I guess makes sense, but I didn't see that issue raised in any of the research I did.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I haven't tested it extensively but it seems like the Quick Play feature doesn't apply to games that you're playing from the external drive, which I guess makes sense, but I didn't see that issue raised in any of the research I did.

Also doesn't work on games that are hosted or your profile is hosted on another server, like World Of Tanks.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Nice, not huge news since we knew it was coming, but glad we have a date on it. Interested to see how it works and the data is eats, I get 30GB a month.

I've never had a data cap on my home internet, so how does this work when you get a 90GB fricken update? My call doesn't have a data cap anymore but rather they throttle you after like 20GB.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I've never had a data cap on my home internet, so how does this work when you get a 90GB fricken update? My call doesn't have a data cap anymore but rather they throttle you after like 20GB.

Oh, I should clarify, my cell phone has a 30GB data cap. And it’s similar to you, where after you reach it the speeds are super low.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't want to be a hater but the rumble triggers in the Xbox controller are like 1000 times better than the adaptive triggers in the PS5. Apparently these have been around since the launch of Xbox one? They're so good in Forza 4.

Although I have to say I bought a Series S and there is quite a bit of shimmering and pop-in in this game. I know technically the GPU is weaker than One X but come on up that resolution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->