Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I feel like every other time i turn my xbox on, I have to update a game. I mostly play: Modern Warfare, Halo MCC, NHL 20, and Hallow Knight. It's annoying.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The new Ori game drops next Wednesday! The first one was probably my favorite game I played on the Xbox One.

I'm super excited about it. Day one on Game Pass as well.

I don't technically own an Xbox anymore (sold mine for a Switch), but I'm hopping in the discussion because I'm getting it off of the Xbox app for PC. That counts, right? :laugh:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'm super excited about it. Day one on Game Pass as well.

I don't technically own an Xbox anymore (sold mine for a Switch), but I'm hopping in the discussion because I'm getting it off of the Xbox app for PC. That counts, right? :laugh:
Yes of course that counts! Lol!
The game is getting absolutely stellar reviews. I can’t wait to start it when I get off work.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ori series' prologues are something else

I'm loving the music so far

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The xbox will never ever run Windows. Too much potential for hacking exploits.

Likely it will just transfer purchases you have on PC to it's equivalent console counterpart.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
No, you cant can Windows on an Xbox, never been done as far as I know.

Then what was all the media hype surrounding the Xbox One and it finally running windows,

The Xbox is finally becoming a Windows PC. Do you care?

Remember, this was Gate's only reason for green-lighting the Xbox in the 1st place and it really never could run it until the Xbox One. Maybe it's a dumbed down version.

The interface looks like a mini Windows 10

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Then what was all the media hype surrounding the Xbox One and it finally running windows,

The Xbox is finally becoming a Windows PC. Do you care?

Remember, this was Gate's only reason for green-lighting the Xbox in the 1st place and it really never could run it until the Xbox One. Maybe it's a dumbed down version.

The interface looks like a mini Windows 10

The Xbox One OS contains the Windows 10 core and you can use "universal apps" from the windows store that work on all Microsoft devices.

But it's not really running Windows 10 in the same way a PC does.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Gates still must be shaking his head.. lol.

It's probably a good thing, can you imagine if it had all the issues of Windows

I don't think they'd want a console to be running off the shelf Windows 10. It's better off running an OS tailored specifically for it.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Keeping users on the Microsoft platform is part of the advantage of having their own console environment. The Xbox OS bears a lot of similarities to something like Windows 10 S in that regard, except obviously geared towards gaming rather than basic computing.

The Steam rumours are certainly interesting. It would no doubt have to be a curated, modified version if it ever comes to fruition. Releasing full PC Steam into the Xbox environment would no doubt be chaotic.

Still, as someone who has a fairly significant Steam library, it is an interesting idea.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Weirdly, there were rumors of Sony making a proprietary SSD cartridge format, it turns out Xbox series X will have it. Will not be able to replace the SSD unless Microsoft sell them.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

These look to be the proprietary add-ons for expanded storage, memory cards making a comeback? Hopefully they are in the $100 canadian range for 1 TB and it doesn't go like the vita sd cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad