Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's amazing that we haven't seen any gameplay from Halo Infinite yet, makes me a little concerned that they aren't that confident in it being a return to form for the series.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah that was certainly.... something. I know they're trying to do their own little Nintendo Direct thing, maybe they should watch one and see what makes them so popular.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So, if I buy Cyberpunk when it comes out, I understand that I'll have access to the game on the Series X when it's released. Can anyone confirm that the version I'd be able to play on the Series X would be enhanced for it with better graphics/resolutions/fps and not just some sort of scaled-down Xbox One version that runs on the Series X (similar to if you played a 360 game on your Xbox One)?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The series X version of cyberpunk will be getting a next gen upgrade but it's not clear if it will be available at launch.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently EA Games will only support smart delivery till March 31st 2021, so if you don't have a Series X by then your EA Games don't qualify.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope Microsoft learns their lesson from the Xbox One and makes this system more about actually gaming instead of being a UI hub for various apps. The lack of xbox exclusives this generation was really disappointing. I'm not sure if "Ghost of Tsushima" will be a great game or not, but it at least looks f***ing awesome. When was the last time an Xbox exclusive ever made you feel that way?

Reactions: Beau Knows

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I hope Microsoft learns their lesson from the Xbox One and makes this system more about actually gaming instead of being a UI hub for various apps. The lack of xbox exclusives this generation was really disappointing. I'm not sure if "Ghost of Tsushima" will be a great game or not, but it at least looks f***ing awesome. When was the last time an Xbox exclusive ever made you feel that way?

Halo 2. Maybe Halo 3?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I played Forza 4, but I am looking to potentially get the latest Horizon game set in GB. Did any of you guys' play it and would you recommend it?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So I played Forza 4, but I am looking to potentially get the latest Horizon game set in GB. Did any of you guys' play it and would you recommend it?

I'm shit at it and racing isn't really my game genre but it's my most played game. It's pretty interesting with the different cars and races. There is a ton of customization I don't really understand so I play vs AI.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I had a lot of fun, great map and endless things to do. There's a lot more fluff in the game too but you can ignore it if you want.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Getting a little worried about the lack of Halo: Infinite news. Obviously coronavirus and the past two weeks ongoings are legitimate causes for delay, but if this game is supposed to come out “Holiday 2020”...aka November 2020 that’s only 5 months and there hasn’t been a peep since the trailers a few months ago.

Reactions: Beau Knows

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Getting a little worried about the lack of Halo: Infinite news. Obviously coronavirus and the past two weeks ongoings are legitimate causes for delay, but if this game is supposed to come out “Holiday 2020”...aka November 2020 that’s only 5 months and there hasn’t been a peep since the trailers a few months ago.

I'm sure they won't repeat the mistakes of 5, but I'm getting vibes of mismanagement once again.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think they are going to struggle a bit to keep Halo relevant, the purists will hate any drastic changes but you need change to keep it fresh. Halo 5 played really well so other than some graphic updates and maps, I'm not sure what they really need to do in terms of multiplayer. People obviously want a great campaign and story.

Please get rid of the crates, so annoying to the point I stopped unlocking them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Halo 5 is probably the worst Halo game ever made. Terrible story which is on the foundations of a lie (marketing), lazy mp maps with zero character styled strictly MLG, and just zero overall passion from anyone. I played the game for like five months and I haven't touched it since because there isn't any reason to play it again - no fun whatsoever. The lazy arse maps are a huge problem in terms of keeping the game fresh. All I've found people do is run around the circular maps either conducting constant grenade spams or doing Spartan charges'. Absolutely zero talent or skill in that. Honestly, the best aspect of the game is its forge system...too bad that it's like 20 GBs in itself and I had to delete due to simply running out of space.

Also I did buy Horizon IV and loving it so far, especially the dirt series which is really fun to play. The problem is that the game has too much going on in it. Sure it's beautiful, but you have like two different wheel spins, a million different type of races', and a complicated menu system which resembles a Ferrari steering wheel. I don't know what like 70% of this stuff do and the style system is so convolutely detailed that I don't even want to try and create my own design. FYI, I did have Forza 4/5, so I get the customization appeal and I've done a lot in the past games', but this one just seems like a toolbox filled with a trillion different tools that underwent an F5 tornado. One thing I wished they added was that sustaining damaged actually effecting you within a race, such as hitting a bloke causes a tyre puncture or something similar.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Halo 5 is probably the worst Halo game ever made. Terrible story which is on the foundations of a lie (marketing), lazy mp maps with zero character styled strictly MLG, and just zero overall passion from anyone. I played the game for like five months and I haven't touched it since because there isn't any reason to play it again - no fun whatsoever. The lazy arse maps are a huge problem in terms of keeping the game fresh. All I've found people do is run around the circular maps either conducting constant grenade spams or doing Spartan charges'. Absolutely zero talent or skill in that. Honestly, the best aspect of the game is its forge system...too bad that it's like 20 GBs in itself and I had to delete due to simply running out of space.

Fully agree. I'm not a big "youtube critique" guy but there's tons of videos going into depth on why Halo 5 is such a lifeless POS

Reactions: S E P H

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Also, just watched the PS5 reveal from yesterday. it was fantastic. XSX has to wow me with the games they're offering this time around. I've been a Xbox boy through and through. Have had an xbox exclusively since the first one came out but if the games don't look good and especially if Halo: Infinite isn't good i might finally make the switch over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad