Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I've had to come to something of a difficult decision with regards to the next-gen consoles.

I've always been an Xbox man. I've loved it over the PlayStation consoles since the original Xbox was released. I loved the 'Duke' controller over the re-designed S-Pad, etc.

However, I'm now married with 2 daughters (both step, although one only knows me as her dad). My wife and I are actively planning on expanding our family. I've been in graduate school and have seen my video game playing drop drastically. I currently own both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro.

I desperately want to stay within the Xbox family, I've kept my game collection to a small amount of titles that I feel like I'll replay on the Scarlett (the Arkham games, Bioshock collection, and Red Dead II), and I've even kept The Beatles: Rock Band from the 360, despite it never being put on the backwards compatibility list AND me losing the DLC I had for it (I kept my original 360 that had all that stuff, but lost the content). I only own the PS4 for Spider-Man (it came w/ the Spider-Man limited edition console) and the MLB series.

So my difficult decision is to either stay with the Xbox family, like I prefer to do, or make a full-time :)sick:) switch to the PlayStation console (since they have every game series that I play on the One X, plus the MLB series that I play *a lot* of).

It would help so much if the Scarlett made The Beatles: Rock Band backwards compatible, that would be an easy ****ing decision then :laugh:
Your daughters will be gaming in no time, and you’ll have to buy every console available. Maybe not the best version of each console, but something. So don’t close doors - take my word for it, haha.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Your daughters will be gaming in no time, and you’ll have to buy every console available. Maybe not the best version of each console, but something. So don’t close doors - take my word for it, haha.

The 6 year old, I do believe that. I actually reluctantly sold my Switch w/ Mario Kart 8 last Christmas year to help with other gifts & bills, but now I want one again because I do feel like that's a great way to introduce her to this world.

My almost-2 year old is still a ways off :laugh:

Not sure I'd close off the Xbox altogether, because if they ever do come out with another Fable entry, I'll have to play, I guess I was saying that I may reluctantly dive in with the PS5 first, rather than the Scarlett, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The 6 year old, I do believe that. I actually reluctantly sold my Switch w/ Mario Kart 8 last Christmas year to help with other gifts & bills, but now I want one again because I do feel like that's a great way to introduce her to this world.

Not sure I'd close off the Xbox altogether, because if they ever do come out with another Fable entry, I'll have to play, I guess I was saying that I may reluctantly dive in with the PS5 first, rather than the Scarlett, which is something I never thought I'd say.
Honestly, every time I anxiously await the new Xbox and PS consoles in the lead-up to their launches, I subconsciously concede that I’ll be buying both consoles. The only fight is between the console-exclusive games and features for my launch period dollars. And I might go PS5 too. PSVR 2 will do it.

Reactions: SPV

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Honestly, every time I anxiously await the new Xbox and PS consoles in the lead-up to their launches, I subconsciously concede that I’ll be buying both consoles. The only fight is between the console-exclusive games and features for my launch period dollars. And I might go PS5 too. PSVR 2 will do it.

I actually do believe that this may be what happens in the end. I may not own both at launch, but rather one and then will add the other during a Black Friday sale a year or so after it launches.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Playground Games (the developers of the Forza Horizon series) are supposedly making a new one and it was expected to be the revealed at E3. If true, could be they didn't have enough to show yet.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Gears 5 releasing in a week or so. Very quiet release thus far. Gears used to get major major hype. Anyone know if this is supposed to be any good? I’ve heard absolutely nothing on it.

Gears 1 and 3 some of my favorite games. Hope it’s pretty good. I’ll probably get it regardless due to me being bored with everything else right now.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Blair Witch is very unsettling. It's really well done. Runs like trash on my older X1, but it's on Gamepass so I'm cool with it.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Gears 5 releasing in a week or so. Very quiet release thus far. Gears used to get major major hype. Anyone know if this is supposed to be any good? I’ve heard absolutely nothing on it.

Gears 1 and 3 some of my favorite games. Hope it’s pretty good. I’ll probably get it regardless due to me being bored with everything else right now.

Played the tech test with all my friends on Xbox, we enjoyed. it. Early access this Friday. Ultimately there are some minor gameplay tweeks which are really important, however, it's not a dramatic jump from Gears 4. More like Gears 4.5

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
As I have an Xbox again now, and have game pass, I’m going to check out Gears 5. I haven’t played anything since 2 though, so I’ll probably have to figure out if there’s anything I need to know about those games I missed

I really like all the skins you can use though, not sure if that’s new or not. But pretty cool

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Jumped on two months of Ultimate Game Pass for $2. The catalog is a decent size but I'm also very picky these days. Worth a try for $2 though.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Feel like there hasn't been anything really good released on XBOX for awhile..

Microsoft needs to do far better with their next generation console. Nintendo and Sony are continually coming out with interesting exclusives that aren't just microstransaction platforms.

Halo Infinite had better be a return to form for the series, they need a big hit.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't care for RPG's or any of Sony's exclusives. Mainly shooters that are on both platforms, Gears and Halo. The ecosystem on Xbox has always been better for me, better deals in the stores shortly after new releases arrive.

Elite Controller 2 about to come out in 2 weeks. Waiting to turn in my current Elite under warranty to Best Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I just want to shout out to Gamepass. It's honestly, for my money, the best value in gaming right now. Humble Monthly is nice, but rarely play anything but the main title each month (if that). Getting to play Outer Worlds for nothing more than I was already paying anyway is glorious.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I just want to shout out to Gamepass. It's honestly, for my money, the best value in gaming right now. Humble Monthly is nice, but rarely play anything but the main title each month (if that). Getting to play Outer Worlds for nothing more than I was already paying anyway is glorious.

Microsoft deserves a lot of credit for what they've done with Game Pass so far. It's a fantastic value proposition for an era that has a big smoking crater where the "rent" option used to be, and making it available on PC is IMO a great step.

I admit I have some reservations for what they might do with it in the future, but if they can keep it consumer friendly while pumping some great first party titles out of their recent studio acquisitions, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad