OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I have no clue what D-Mac is bitching but I don't care. Following this legend off a cliff if need be. Let's commission the damn statue already!

Jalen Green went number 2 in the NBA draft behind Cunningham and has been all over social media talking shit about Detroit being a bad city to live in. Made some Houston vs everybody jokes and shit too. He seems like an immature clown to be honest, DMac hit the nail on the head

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I've always been a big U of M fan but haven't always followed their hockey program super close. I could see myself being very invested in watching their games this season, it seems like a very special team.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've always been a big U of M fan but haven't always followed their hockey program super close. I could see myself being very invested in watching their games this season, it seems like a very special team.
Michigan hockey is on my bucket list. By all accounts an epic hockey experience. I knew a kid from Livonia that did not follow hockey until he went to Michigan and was a tag along to a hockey game. He became hooked and said it was a better experience than The Big House.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Michigan hockey is on my bucket list. By all accounts an epic hockey experience. I knew a kid from Livonia that did not follow hockey until he went to Michigan and was a tag along to a hockey game. He became hooked and said it was a better experience than The Big House.
I've been to Yost countless times but I believe ive only seen two U of M games there years ago. All my other viewings there have been watching family members play, and having several play out of The Cube, games at Yost were not uncommon. Nonetheless, it is a super cool historical building. It just has a a special feel to it.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

It absolutely is. I mean, to be fair (to be faiiiiiirr), any high quality hockey crowd is going to be better than the Big House. It's not even so much a knock on the Big House, but it's hard to get 100k people in an open air stadium to get as raucous and rowdy as 10-20,000 hockey fans in an enclosed stadium.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I've been to Yost countless times but I believe ive only seen two U of M games there years ago. All my other viewings there have been watching family members play, and having several play out of The Cube, games at Yost were not uncommon. Nonetheless, it is a super cool historical building. It just has a a special feel to it.

Oh god, playing at Yost is the f***in best. Love the ice, love the atmosphere. For a dusty beer leaguer? Man, games there against the f***in Angry Goats feel like Stanley Cup finals games even with nobody in the stands. They feel like events even though it's just the same shitty hockey.

That's forever going to be my best hockey memory. Posting a 3-0 shutout at Yost

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I spent 4 years of undergrad going to every Michigan football game and almost every Michigan hockey game in Ann Arbor. Both Yost and the Big House are very special. I can't really compare them though. I've spent way more time in Yost, and I'm certainly more of a hockey guy than football guy, but the Big House is more unique. Lots of great memories at both though. And I'd highly recommend both to anyone even mildly interested.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

I am obviously not a UM hockey fan. That being said, The Yost is my favorite place to watch hockey with a bullet. The barn, the atmosphere and (usually) the product on the ice make for a top notch experience. Attending average NHL games will seem boring after hitting up a premiere college venue.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Hughes, Samoskevich, and Duke this year.

Fantilli, McGroarty, Nazar, and Casey next year.

Impressive recruiting from Pearson - Michigan hockey continues to stock the cupboards.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Hughes, Samoskevich, and Duke this year.

Fantilli, McGroarty, Nazar, and Casey next year.

Impressive recruiting from Pearson - Michigan hockey continues to stock the cupboards.

Pearson is killing it. The Naurato hiring is already paying major dividends. Naurato trained both Fantilli and McGroarty, who were roommates, this summer.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Is Michigan football still alive? I honestly thought they closed up shop and turned the Big House into a shopping mall. Who knew.

Reactions: RabidBadger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad