OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Here are some attributes about Cade and their hockey equivalent (if applicable):

-Primary ball/puck handler
-Makes you play at his pace
-High game IQ
-Not a freakishly fast or athletic but still great speed and athleticism
-Takes pride in the defensive end
-Good shooter
-Good playmaker
-Takes pride in leadership and bringing teammates together

Because this is a Wings forum I can't help but think of Henrik Zetterberg, even though he wasn't a 1st round pick.

For a non-Wings player... Anze Kopitar, Patrice Bergeron maybe.

Cade isn't like a Crosby or McDavid, sensationally speaking.
I like the Zetterberg analogy (draft position notwithstanding). Clearly a very good player who will make the All Star team more than once, but isn't a generational guy. And yet one who's good at both ends of the ice/floor, who is even more valuable when the playoffs roll around.

Reactions: FabricDetails

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Here are some attributes about Cade and their hockey equivalent (if applicable):

-Primary ball/puck handler
-Makes you play at his pace
-High game IQ
-Not a freakishly fast or athletic but still great speed and athleticism
-Takes pride in the defensive end
-Good shooter
-Good playmaker
-Takes pride in leadership and bringing teammates together

Because this is a Wings forum I can't help but think of Henrik Zetterberg, even though he wasn't a 1st round pick.

For a non-Wings player... Anze Kopitar, Patrice Bergeron maybe.

Cade isn't like a Crosby or McDavid, sensationally speaking.

Recently speaking, Auston Matthews. Does everything at a pretty respectable level, but the thing that he is supposed to excel at (offense) he's going to excel at big time. Not the greatest athlete, but built to handle the rigors, great scoring touch and feel for the game. His name pops as one of the better first overall picks recently without being the Lebron/McDavid sensational once in a lifetime prospects.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Im loving the DC hire for the Lions. I have a feeling the Lions are going to outwork the opposing team every week win or lose. He seems like a guy the players want to play for, and play HARD for.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Im loving the DC hire for the Lions. I have a feeling the Lions are going to outwork the opposing team every week win or lose. He seems like a guy the players want to play for, and play HARD for.
MC/DC is a potential legend in the making. After his intro presser there was at least 2 entities (Pat McAfee Show and Detroit Lions Podcast) that had t-shirts running off the presses.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Yeah, pretty rusty Summer League opener from the Stons tonight. Shame Stewart is hurt, because the young ball handlers could really use a better big.

Some good flashes tonight though, hopefully we'll see improvement through the tournament. I do expect some pretty real growing pains this season. As long as we see progress and hard work I'm not gonna get too hung up on results.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, pretty rusty Summer League opener from the Stons tonight. Shame Stewart is hurt, because the young ball handlers could really use a better big.

Some good flashes tonight though, hopefully we'll see improvement through the tournament. I do expect some pretty real growing pains this season. As long as we see progress and hard work I'm not gonna get too hung up on results.

"Cade vs. Jalen Green" tomorrow.

Ugh. Jalen might drop 30+ based on how the Pistons are defending, haha.

Observers may not see how Cade is trying to lead an entire team instead of going out there all, "I gotta get mine." Which, to be fair, is definitely up for discussion as far as how one should approach summer league. But in the end, you have two very different players with different mindsets. I've definitely wondered if Cade is being too unselfish right now but I try to balance that with the long game I think he's playing.

And then because this is the NBA, EVERY single reaction after ANYTHING is an overreaction. The Pistons bandwagon may be temporarily smaller tomorrow night.

They say Cade and Jalen are "frienemies" because they've been neck and neck for the top player spot for their age since they were 12.

I'll be watching for sure.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Combing over a mountain of ticket stubs. Found a Lions stub and pocket schedule from '95. Two price points for tickets: $30 and $19.95. Why not $29.95 or $20? Adjusted for inflation still a mere $53.48 for the most expensive ticket. Bargain by current prices. Lions also accepted fax orders.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
"Cade vs. Jalen Green" tomorrow.

Ugh. Jalen might drop 30+ based on how the Pistons are defending, haha.

Observers may not see how Cade is trying to lead an entire team instead of going out there all, "I gotta get mine." Which, to be fair, is definitely up for discussion as far as how one should approach summer league. But in the end, you have two very different players with different mindsets. I've definitely wondered if Cade is being too unselfish right now but I try to balance that with the long game I think he's playing.

And then because this is the NBA, EVERY single reaction after ANYTHING is an overreaction. The Pistons bandwagon may be temporarily smaller tomorrow night.

They say Cade and Jalen are "frienemies" because they've been neck and neck for the top player spot for their age since they were 12.

I'll be watching for sure.

Reactions: FabricDetails

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Malice at the Palace on Netflix.
Seems like a closer look at that Ron Arrest incident from back in the day. Told more from the Pacers' perspective and probably has more to do with sports/society culture than the Pistons (I haven't watched it yet), but it did happen in our building and was pretty freaking g crazy when watching it live on TV.
I'm looking forward to it and thought I'd give it a mention here.

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Malice at the Palace on Netflix.
Seems like a closer look at that Ron Arrest incident from back in the day. Told more from the Pacers' perspective and probably has more to do with sports/society culture than the Pistons (I haven't watched it yet), but it did happen in our building and was pretty freaking g crazy when watching it live on TV.
I'm looking forward to it and thought I'd give it a mention here.

Oh dang, bout' to watch that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad