Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Drafted a ****ing 6th round special teamer in the 2nd.
Bro, I am so done with the Lions they literally think they are smarter than every team and have zero results. Detroit Lions are Toronto Maple Leafs twin SISTER. Lions are the worst franchise in the history of sports. Someone please prove me wrong.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Bro, I am so done with the Lions they literally think they are smarter than every team and have zero results. Detroit Lions are Toronto Maple Leafs twin SISTER. Lions are the worst franchise in the history of sports. Someone please prove me wrong.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
Went to the Tigers at White Sox game yesterday in which they tied the record for most strikeouts in a 9 inning game with 20 strikeouts. Haha. Plus the White Sox had 10 SO themselves. I still enjoyed myself because it's always fun to go the ballpark but there is not a lot of action with that many strikeouts!

I also haven't been following the Tigers so much the last couple of years and I realize I barely know anyone on that team anymore.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Went to the Tigers at White Sox game yesterday in which they tied the record for most strikeouts in a 9 inning game with 20 strikeouts. Haha. Plus the White Sox had 10 SO themselves. I still enjoyed myself because it's always fun to go the ballpark but there is not a lot of action with that many strikeouts!

I also haven't been following the Tigers so much the last couple of years and I realize I barely know anyone on that team anymore.

You should demand your money back from Chris Illitch.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016

Not a big deal that you don’t know the current Tigers, none of them will be on the next relevant team anyhow.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Big time start for Casey Mize. Threw a Maddux in his first Double A start

it's so nice to see the prospects doing well. Alex Faedo pitched the first seven innings of another no-hitter last week, too. Maybe...maybe...the Tigers will start having some impact guys coming up through the system soon.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
it's so nice to see the prospects doing well. Alex Faedo pitched the first seven innings of another no-hitter last week, too. Maybe...maybe...the Tigers will start having some impact guys coming up through the system soon.

Mize should be in Detroit already. His stuff is already polished, the only thing left for him to do is learn how to get out big league hitters, and there’s no place to accomplish that other than the Majors.

If they want him on a innings limit, that’s fine, but they need to let him learn on the job.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Mize should be in Detroit already. His stuff is already polished, the only thing left for him to do is learn how to get out big league hitters, and there’s no place to accomplish that other than the Majors.

If they want him on a innings limit, that’s fine, but they need to let him learn on the job.

Spencer Turnbull is someone that made a quick jump (but also 26), but going up a couple levels, quickly, I would imagine is a lot harder for pitchers than hitters. And with how much of baseball is mental, a couple bad breaks could hurt a young players development.

On the other hand, why Reininger is on the roster is baffling. I was listening to the Phillies games, and while Turnbull had a couple rough patches yesteday, and I'm still not sure about Norris, but Norris settled down somewhat...and then the bullpen said "hold my beer".

But also, the Tigers can't hit or score. Is it McClendon? Jacoby Jones used to not hit this poorly, and I feel like their messing with his stance, and Miggy can't hit fastballs. Avila needs to draft some bats too. Niko has been a great find, but the bats are generally hot garbage.

I'm going to be at next Thursday's game against Anaheim, and I have a bad feeling about Trout.

Reactions: Winger98

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It's a bummer for sure. But he wasn't getting any younger either and has had health issues of late. Throw in a NBA offer and I would have declared him a fool for declining. Even if it is Cleveland.

I think if he was that frustrated by college he would have left a long time ago. Running a clean program and reaching the National Championship game twice is impressive. All while having to deal with Izzo and Sparty in the same state. That probably gave him a sense of achievement.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I was pretty shocked to see Beilein taking the Cleveland job. Mainly because he' getting up there age- wise. Professional coaching fast-tracks you to the grave.

Beilein did a stellar job for UM bringing them back to prominence. He ran a clean program and I have nothing but respect for him. You better believe he'll have the Cadavers passing the Pistons in the standings!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was pretty shocked to see Beilein taking the Cleveland job. Mainly because he' getting up there age- wise. Professional coaching fast-tracks you to the grave.

Beilein did a stellar job for UM bringing them back to prominence. He ran a clean program and I have nothing but respect for him. You better believe he'll have the Cadavers passing the Pistons in the standings!

Not without a top 3 lottery placement he won't. The Cavs are hot garbage. In any event, he was always the worthy opponent as a Spartan fan. One that I had the utmost respect for, I wish him luck in Cleveland. Hopefully U of M will make a good hire, I was excited with that rounding into a top 10 matchup, I thought it was good for both programs and the B1G.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Not without a top 3 lottery placement he won't. The Cavs are hot garbage. In any event, he was always the worthy opponent as a Spartan fan. One that I had the utmost respect for, I wish him luck in Cleveland. Hopefully U of M will make a good hire, I was excited with that rounding into a top 10 matchup, I thought it was good for both programs and the B1G.

That's pretty much it. Cleveland is in a good spot in terms of the draft. Both teams are screwed with cap space but C-town has a much better chance of improving through high draft picks. Detroit is in limbo with a shambolic so-called core, suspect drafting and clueless ownership. It won't take much to vault them in the standings.

I don't doubt we'll see a top 3 pick wearing that god awful maroon and baby caca jersey for Beilein to coach next year.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Casey Mize now the #1 Pitcher and #6 overall prospect has n MLB Pipelines update

That's good for the future, but geeze, the Tigers need some hitters too. Carpenter is maybe a reliever, but he's getting rocked again tonight.

And, last Thursday's game wound up being a hot mess (also a start by Carpenter), but it's nice to see the changes downtown, and Belle Isle on Friday was a blast, highly recommend the Dossin and aquarium. The # of apartments spring up in Corktown, and what they've done to the old corner. :nod:

Reactions: Winger98

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
That's pretty much it. Cleveland is in a good spot in terms of the draft. Both teams are screwed with cap space but C-town has a much better chance of improving through high draft picks. Detroit is in limbo with a shambolic so-called core, suspect drafting and clueless ownership. It won't take much to vault them in the standings.

I don't doubt we'll see a top 3 pick wearing that god awful maroon and baby caca jersey for Beilein to coach next year.
#5 isn’t great

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
#5 isn’t great

Top ten vs. the bottom half where the Pistons will be picking the next few years....I'll take that any day. Cleveland is awful, but they have much more potential to be relevant in the next 5 years.

I have more faith in the Lions being good than the Pistons at this point:amazed:

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
He was reading off draft results like a kid opening gifts on Christmas morning. Slow the f*** down, build some suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad