OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nah, the Clippers screwed Griffin real good. They convinced him to sign a five year contract six months ago. They wooed him by showing him a Clippers history video (from the future) where they retire his # at Staples Center. I'm not even making this up.

Oh I know that. I’m pretty sure he still likes the big cities until he says otherwise.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The problem is that the Pistons are never going to beat Boston, Cleveland or Toronto in a seven game series. Their roster composition is just not built to win playoff basketball. SVG built a lemon.

They could if they had good coaching. Toronto anyway. The problem is SVGs system sucks for the players (and in general). They don’t score enough and the players don’t play dfence (besides Drummond and maybe 1 or 2 other guys who barely play)

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
They could if they had good coaching. Toronto anyway. The problem is SVGs system sucks for the players (and in general). They don’t score enough and the players don’t play dfence (besides Drummond and maybe 1 or 2 other guys who barely play)

Yeah SVG is 90% of the problem. He drafts crap and his system is crap. Location is the remaining 10% as to why the Pistons blow.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
First time the pistons have had a household name in like a decade. Wow, I might actually watch a few pistons games now

I just don't care enough about basketball to watch ****/mediocre teams year in and year out

Hockey and football yes

At least they're attempting to end their mediocrity. Big moves are always fun regardless of how they turn out.

I'm the same way, I'll probably tune in a bit now. Lions or Wings suck I'll watch every game, not the Pistons though. Not sure how this is an overpayment for some people. The Pistons landed a star if he can stay healthy and gave up basically expiring contracts and a ~19th overall pick. Maybe I dont follow basketball enough but I think the Pistons want a household name to help fill the LCA and get some people interested in basketball again

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
This is why I’m not so high on patricia

meh. there are plenty of concerns when it comes to hiring pats coordinators but i don't think patricias work yesterday was one. pats severely lacked talent on D. they had about half a dozen players playing pretty significant snaps who shouldn't have seen the field at all. benching malcolm butler hurt a lot but that probably wasn't patricia decision. however, they did have some very unusual (for the pats) execution issues. lot of missed tackles.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Oh shit. Colts announced McDaniels as their new coach today. Then this happens:

Im glad the Lions didnt go for McDaniels.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Pistons have an easy schedule which is nice because it's going to allow them to win while trying to figure out how to best incorporate Griffin into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad