OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
All joking aside, tricky game for State today...can't take BYU lightly.

Only issue for Michigan is do they cover the 30-point spread? OSU nuked Rutgers last week.

When it comes to the Lions, I might just stop watching the games until Caldwell is fired. I'd like to see this team with a healthy Levy, Abdullah and Ansah but the overall lack of focus and discipline has to go back to the coach. Players are responsible for themselves but the coach is supposed to hold these guys accountable. He needs to go and let Quinn hire his first coach. This isn't a fair first year for him as GM.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Why would you stop watching because of Caldwell? Nothing is going to change when he is fired. The Lions are the Lions because of incompetent ownership.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
State might not make a bowl game. I think they barely get in though. I thought they get 8-10 wins. Nope

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Offense couldn't do squat in the second half...they were fortunate to have the short field to get the GW field goal.

(Yes, I watched the game. :laugh:)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lol. This is why the lions will never be winners

Lose to bears. Titans. Beat the eagles

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So, yeah.

More and more it sounds like team owner Mike Ilitch would have done a very big deal for Chris Davis (close to $200 million) had GM Avila not put the kibosh on it.

There's been talk about the Tigers looking to cut salary this season and avoid the luxury tax... . Being willing to throw nearly $200m at Chris Davis last year says otherwise, imo. We might not make a big splash this year, but if Ilitch thinks we're at all close, I doubt we'll be shipping out anyone in important for prospects.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Stop getting hitters we need pitchers

well, we did that last year, too, with Zimmerman, Rodriguez, Wilson, and Lowe. Lowe was awful and Zimmerman was hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if we dip into the relief pitching free agency again at this point, though.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
We had the perfect rotation, but decided it wasn't worth keeping. :cry:

JV-Scherzer-Fister-Sanchez-Porcello
So depressing... and then Price-Scherzer-Verlander-Sanchez-Porcello the following year. Absolutely ridiculous... and they were still swept.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I guess. College football except the Spartans. And pistons are the only good teams in the state

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
At this point the MSU coordinators should start to worry if they are going to be there next year. I know they talk about continuity and whatnot, but this trend cannot continue without someone paying for it with their job.

In particular the defensive efforts have been pretty embarrassing when that is what you have hung your hat on. They miss Narduzzi a lot and it's very concerning.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
At this point the MSU coordinators should start to worry if they are going to be there next year. I know they talk about continuity and whatnot, but this trend cannot continue without someone paying for it with their job.

In particular the defensive efforts have been pretty embarrassing when that is what you have hung your hat on. They miss Narduzzi a lot and it's very concerning.

Maryland and penn state are the bowl games

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With State, you just have one of those down years following a lot of key departures from the year before. Hard to replace all the talent they've lost.

Michigan has a lot of seniors and upperclassmen this year. I wonder if they suffer the same fate next year or will Harbaugh's recruiting make up for the losses.

Unless you're Alabama, most programs deal with some dip in success. You can't win 10 games every year...it's hard to do. Sometimes you have a run of success with a class of players and when they leave/graduate, you fall back to earth.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Zenner makes a big play or does nothing. Hit or miss type of back.

Being a true sadist, appropriate of a Lions fan, I've been looking over the first round of the 2014 draft again. Painful.

"What about these guys Aaron Donald and Odell Beckham?"

"Nah, let's take a tight end."

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
So, Cleveland is going to the Series. How much will it sting if they win it all? At that point, I have to wonder if they'll pull the Royals and fallback down to earth afterward. Kinda disappointing the Tigers were so good for so long just to see teams from their own division step up and win (or possibly win) just to disappear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad