OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
When it costs Jim Caldwell his job any amount of anger I had will be gone. If we squeak into the playoffs he might get an extension. I really don't care what happens so long as he isn't our head coach next year.

I will root for them to win, I always will. I just think if we cannot pull it out that is probably the obvious good part of the equation. Assuming Martha Ford doesn't veto Quinn dumping Caldwell.

If Green Bay, figuratively, or literally, waltzes into their house, craps on the rug and slaps their keesters, I'd say Caldwell is gone.

One thing is certain; if the Lions lose this game any smattering of Stafford love that was previously shown is out the door.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If Green Bay, figuratively, or literally, waltzes into their house, craps on the rug and slaps their keesters, I'd say Caldwell is gone.

One thing is certain; if the Lions lose this game any smattering of Stafford love that was previously shown is out the door.

It wouldn't be staffords fault unless he throws 100 yard

Right now we have no run game (maybe if zenner gets more runs who knows) o line isn't good

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

I 90% agree. But if say the Lions by a score and it's just an up and down the field game where the defenses can't stop a soul and Stafford doesn't throw a bad pick or something to make that happen, it won't be on him.

But if they lose and he throws a pick or two in a big moment? Yep. People will call for his head.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Part of me would like them to earn their way in on Sunday night and not back in. You can't expect the Giants to help them during the day.

What we've learned the last couple weeks...Slay is very important to this defense and this is a team that won't go far if they get in.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Neat.

15741135_10207937275606860_9055260754673807778_n.jpg

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Harbaugh is a trash coach. Who's next?

I'm guessing this is sarcasm but its not his fault hoke can't get a qb

Though it is his fault he didn't realize speight was trash. I knew it since colorado

Also peppers was injured. So run defense took a hit and the blitzing. Pretty much everything actually

Last edited:

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
It wouldn't be staffords fault unless he throws 100 yard

Right now we have no run game (maybe if zenner gets more runs who knows) o line isn't good

I know it. A lot of the Lions' misfortunes in recent years haven't been his fault exclusively, but it hasn't stopped people from making him their favorite whipping boy. People in this city need a goat to heap their vitriol on when a team does not perform well. i.e., Inge, Brandon.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Kills me to be rooting for the Giants given almost all of my friends growing up were smug fans of them, but my anxiety would appreciate it so that our game isn't life or death (though I obviously crave the division title)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So at least it's confirmed lions need a run game. Unless zenner breaks 200 yards in one quarter

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hey, at least we all make the playoffs. Screw the Bears and Vikings (sorry Vikings fan, forgot who it was)

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I 90% agree. But if say the Lions by a score and it's just an up and down the field game where the defenses can't stop a soul and Stafford doesn't throw a bad pick or something to make that happen, it won't be on him.

But if they lose and he throws a pick or two in a big moment? Yep. People will call for his head.

Well, I'd say it's on.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Stafford is the main reason this team is in the playoffs. This defense still is below average and the current RB is Zack Zenner :laugh:

Once Green Bay got past Seattle, they were going to run the table. Seeing as they have:

1) More overall talent
2) More overall health
2) A healthy future HOF QB
3) A far, far easier schedule

Lions have done pretty good for a team with no expectations this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad