OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Tonight is the night! A win in Dallas will secure a spot in the playoffs and a crack at the division title on Sunday night. A loss will see a crack at the division title and further playoff berth scenarios should they lose Sunday night.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Basically there exist more situations in which the Lions make the playoffs rather than miss them.

Take care of business against Dallas or Gb and in. Just need to go take it for once

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Need a huge game out of Stafford for the Fantasy Football Championship. Let's go Lions baby.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Lions and cowboys running up the score

I'm pleasantly surprised that the looks have managed to respond to both Dallas TDs with a TD of their own, given their offensive struggles all season

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Watching my first NFL game of the season and I almost made it through an entire half of this garbage. Convenient do-over when America's team fails on a game-tying drive, yet a blind eye is turned when they score with offsetting penalties on the next play.

Typical NFL, I'll never understand why this sport is where it is other than the continued support of bubbas and wife beaters.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They really only lost by 2 touchdowns and I didn't watch after the half. They didn't feed zenner enough

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So apparently. If we lose vs Green Bay. But the redskins wins lions are out

But we beat the redskins head to head? And that's the first rule that applies to tiebreakers? NFL makes 0 sense

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

But we beat the redskins head to head? And that's the first rule that applies to tiebreakers? NFL makes 0 sense

If Washington loses, Lions are in and the game against Green Bay is for the division title only. If Washington wins, they're in and GB/DET decides the division and final playoff birth.

Realistically, Lions have done way better than most people believed this year and they're in the same boat as Washington as a fringe playoff team. It's easy to pile on the Lions but I'm not about to this year.

I suppose they could beat the Packers next week. But I sure as hell don't see it.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Too many critical injuries for a team with no depth. Beating the Cowboys on the road was not likely but I was hoping for more Stafford magic and another 4th quarter victory if needed. Swanson's concussion was too heavy a loss tonight. Slay was needed in the secondary. Did okay without Riddick for the first half.

I hate to sound like a bitter fan that pins the blame on the zebras but they were brutal tonight. Bryant gets away with the most blatant facemask and Robinson is penalized for driving Elliot to the ground despite Robinson hitting the ground first. Horrible calls. Even the Cowboys fan next to me at the bar said the Lions were getting hosed on the calls.

Earlier games may haunt the Lions. Refs screwed 'em over Week 2 against the Titans and the goose egg in Chicago in Week 4 are missed opportunities. It didn't have to come down to the wire like this.

Right now I have more faith in the Giants than the Lions and, unfortunately, the Giants have nothing to play for other than pride on Sunday on the road in DC.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
GB has had solid run D this season. it's the pass, especially to WRs, that they have struggled against. lot of injuries to corners and the current secondary is either bad/inexperienced.

Western Michigan has a better NFL defensive secondary than GB right now. They're a team that has to score 35 because they'll give up around 30 points.

Stafford will either exploit this weakness and be a hero (unlikely, but possible), or the Motor City Kitties will roll over and resume putz status (probably where the Vegas money lies).

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site

Makes perfect sense.

If the Lions lose, they will be 9-7. If the Redskins win, they will be 9-6-1. The Redskins record would be 1/2 game better than the Lions, therefore, the Redskins would be in the playoffs.

Now if they Redskins lose, they will be 8-7-1. If the Lions lose, they will be 9-7. The Lions would be in the playoffs by being 1/2 game better than the Redskins.

However, if the Lions tie, and the Redskins win, the Packers win the division (they would have a better division record than the Lions), and the Lions will be the wildcard team due to the fact that they beat the Redskins head-to-head, and both teams would have identical 9-6-1 records.

What's so difficult to understand? :dunno:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Go pack go, gonna be a great collapse weekend for the Lions. My cousin was so convinced before the Giants and Cowboys game that his beloved Lions had it in the bag.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Go pack go, gonna be a great collapse weekend for the Lions. My cousin was so convinced before the Giants and Cowboys game that his beloved Lions had it in the bag.

When it costs Jim Caldwell his job any amount of anger I had will be gone. If we squeak into the playoffs he might get an extension. I really don't care what happens so long as he isn't our head coach next year.

I will root for them to win, I always will. I just think if we cannot pull it out that is probably the obvious good part of the equation. Assuming Martha Ford doesn't veto Quinn dumping Caldwell.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
When it costs Jim Caldwell his job any amount of anger I had will be gone. If we squeak into the playoffs he might get an extension. I really don't care what happens so long as he isn't our head coach next year.

I will root for them to win, I always will. I just think if we cannot pull it out that is probably the obvious good part of the equation. Assuming Martha Ford doesn't veto Quinn dumping Caldwell.

If they miss I wouldn't keep him, I totally see them bringing him back though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Makes perfect sense.

If the Lions lose, they will be 9-7. If the Redskins win, they will be 9-6-1. The Redskins record would be 1/2 game better than the Lions, therefore, the Redskins would be in the playoffs.

Now if they Redskins lose, they will be 8-7-1. If the Lions lose, they will be 9-7. The Lions would be in the playoffs by being 1/2 game better than the Redskins.

However, if the Lions tie, and the Redskins win, the Packers win the division (they would have a better division record than the Lions), and the Lions will be the wildcard team due to the fact that they beat the Redskins head-to-head, and both teams would have identical 9-6-1 records.

What's so difficult to understand? :dunno:

The standings I looked at turned the tie into a loss for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad