OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wouldnt say theyre getting by. The secondary is playing light out and even without sacks the d line is getting pressure. They have one of the best defenses in football the last 4 or 5 weeks and just made the number 1 offense in the league look bad. It was what, 2 years ago when the lions had the second best D in the league just short of Seattle?

It shouldnt be surprising that this years defense is solid. They arent absolutely amazing but theyre solid and the offense is solid. Not really a surprise the Lions are doing what theyve done this year but because its the lions people will always be iffy on them. Prater has also been a stud. Denver cutting him when they did couldnt have worked out better for the Lions

Kerry Hyder is bringing the pressure (if he's still a starter). Guy was one of the top sackers in the league

Also the only challenge the lions really should have in the playoffs is the patriots (outside chance for cardinals)

Everyone else just has great offence and bad defense this year. All the good dfence teams don't have a good offence. So it could be exciting

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Because they average like 35 pts per game at home, and there's no way our underwhelming offense could keep up with that

I do think experts underrated our defense. We started out awful (last in the league awful) but have improved every week. The D is playing fantastic the past 4 games or so. If they keep improving we could have an exciting playoff run

Stafford is probably the best athlete in Detroit at the moment. Dude is a ****ing leader out there. It's his team now.

Probably the only reason I'm following the Lions as closely as I have been in several years. Stafford has matured in a huge, huge way. There's nothing as sweet as a confident-yet-unsung QB in this game.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The
Kerry Hyder is bringing the pressure (if he's still a starter). Guy was one of the top sackers in the league

Also the only challenge the lions really should have in the playoffs is the patriots (outside chance for cardinals)

Everyone else just has great offence and bad defense this year. All the good dfence teams don't have a good offence. So it could be exciting

So you're saying the Lions should march uncontested to the Super Bowl?:amazed:.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The

So you're saying the Lions should march uncontested to the Super Bowl?:amazed:.

We'll right now the Seahawks are probably the biggest challenge in the conference. And possibly only. Everyone is flawed. Detroits dfence is marching up to the top 10 this year. And stafford is playing like a beast. Also 2016 is the year of the underdogs so we got that going

Bears game will be very telling. We lose or play like crap. It's probably a playoff berth and out.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Much debate amongst my Lion friends...who are you rooting for on Sunday, Green Bay or Seattle?

Win the North and you're getting a home playoff game whether you're the 2nd or 3rd seed. I'd pull for Seattle no matter what. I don't want to see the Packers picking up steam heading into the final 3 weeks. A 3-game lead with 3 to go is the situation I'd rather be in. Green Bay is the bigger threat in the division than the Vikings.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Much debate amongst my Lion friends...who are you rooting for on Sunday, Green Bay or Seattle?

Win the North and you're getting a home playoff game whether you're the 2nd or 3rd seed. I'd pull for Seattle no matter what. I don't want to see the Packers picking up steam heading into the final 3 weeks. A 3-game lead with 3 to go is the situation I'd rather be in. Green Bay is the bigger threat in the division than the Vikings.

Seattle. Easily. Packers have easy wins or should be easy

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Big game for lions today. They show up and play well. I think as long as stafford carries. The team has a great shot

They also need to play well vs cowboys and or packers.

Hopefully this draft they take a rb or olineman. Cause the d is stacked right now and in their prime

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
All four remaining games are winnable. The last 3 may be tough but it can be done and ending the season 12-4 is a reality. Especially if Dallas decides to rest some players. Let us keep in mind, though, that the same ol' Lions could make an appearance. But I've been feeling like a corner has been turned.

I'll be at the game today. It's going to be a crazy day for me. This is my first time experiencing the cold & snow for the first time in 6 years. Pulling a Lions/Red Wings doubleheader today.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
Matt Stafford baby! Horrible throw on the pick six but he made up for it with that fearless run for the TD, what a player!

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
All four remaining games are winnable. The last 3 may be tough but it can be done and ending the season 12-4 is a reality. Especially if Dallas decides to rest some players. Let us keep in mind, though, that the same ol' Lions could make an appearance. But I've been feeling like a corner has been turned.

I'll be at the game today. It's going to be a crazy day for me. This is my first time experiencing the cold & snow for the first time in 6 years. Pulling a Lions/Red Wings doubleheader today.

Green Bay running the table is far more likely to me with Seattle laying an egg right now.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It's probably going to come down to the lions vs packers

Actually I think we make the wildcard if we beat the Giants at least

Won't matter though if we can't beat the packers. Cause they'll probably face us if we both make it

Last edited:

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
It's probably going to come down to the lions vs packers

Actually I think we make the wildcard if we beat the Giants at least

Won't matter though if we can't beat the packers. Cause they'll probably face us if we both make it
It's looking more along the lines of the 3 seed for us if all goes well and there isn't a Lions collapse of all time.

Seattle just has it too easy for their last 3 games, 2 of which are at home. If we can win at least the GB game, and the Vikings beat the Packers again, that should seal it for us for the North, and honestly, it's a very definite possibility since we have to go on the road vs the Giants & Cowboys.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Lions will probably lose out tbh

Also, their offnese is bad. Even if they make the playoffs they arent that great. Offense and defense below average. Getting fluke wins every week lol.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
There defense is solid, to call it bad is ridiculous.

I think they win at least one more game. The defense keeps them in games, and the dont commit many turnovers. That will win you more games than not. Add in the growing aura around them late in games, and in honestly feel confident if the game is close. You have a top 10 QB with a variety of weapons. The only thing they really lack is a run game.

Not to mention, the NFC is bad this year. Every team in the playoff picture is beatable.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lions will probably lose out tbh

Also, their offnese is bad. Even if they make the playoffs they arent that great. Offense and defense below average. Getting fluke wins every week lol.

The defense is fine. The running back and oline are the weak spots. The wide receivers are good and the qb is good. The bears had a top 10 defense this year

If you shut Zeke down that's an easy win against the cowboys. The Giants are about even. And the packers are gonna be tough

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Living my whole life deep in Giants territory, I really want this win! The wife and I would have gone to the game but the weather stinks and we're like 90 minutes from East Rutherford. I heard there's a big Lions fan tailgate going on though.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Just as I expected, a loss.

Approx. 0% chance the win their last two games with they way they and their opponents are playing

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Approx. 0% chance the win their last two games with they way they and their opponents are playing

The cowboys are more beatable then the Giants. Cowboys have terrible dfence. All you have to do is stop Elliott and just hope stafford can carry

Unless they shut down the bucs completely then the Giants lions cowboys are all on the same level

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

If Zach Zenner holds onto the ball with two hands on the three yard line, the Lions go up and who knows how the game ends up.

The Giants weren't worlds better than Detroit on Sunday. Certainly not "0% chance to win either of their last two games" bad, anyway.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
If Zach Zenner holds onto the ball with two hands on the three yard line, the Lions go up and who knows how the game ends up.

The Giants weren't worlds better than Detroit on Sunday. Certainly not "0% chance to win either of their last two games" bad, anyway.

especially with the way rodgers has been limping and the state of their ' defense'. even with solid games against the seahawks and eagles and guys coming back from injuries, it's still a very flawed, banged up D on which the lions should be able to score on.

not saying they'll win the game, certainly won't be easy but they have a shot there.

i think cowboys game is a long shot. i've yet to watch the 'boys-bucs game to see how dak has bounced back from rough few weeks, so maybe i'll change that assesment after seeing it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
especially with the way rodgers has been limping and the state of their ' defense'. even with solid games against the seahawks and eagles and guys coming back from injuries, it's still a very flawed, banged up D on which the lions should be able to score on.

not saying they'll win the game, certainly won't be easy but they have a shot there.

i think cowboys game is a long shot. i've yet to watch the 'boys-bucs game to see how dak has bounced back from rough few weeks, so maybe i'll change that assesment after seeing it.

We're on the same level as the Giants. And they're streak Enders. So no matter what we probably lose there

The only chance the lions have is stafford. Because the run game sucks. The dfence is fine And improving. Probably top 10 if levy is there all season

It's slowly turning to the point where I think the pats/steelers winner will win the Super Bowl. If the steelers make it of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad