OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VI: Oh Look, it's Tiger Bullpen Implosion Time Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Boston and Baltimore need to start losing while we are in a hot streak.

Screw the wild card. Let's take care of business against Cleveland and win the division! Nothing would be sweeter than to see Cleveland fans have their hopes crushed.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
College football is going to be crazy this year

Nfl is so bad compared to this

There are rump weekends in college football every season. We were given a lot of really good non-con matchups this weekend. I think the new playoff system allows power 5 teams the freedom to schedule some tougher non-con opponents because winning the conference and conference championship games are vital. You can risk losing a non-con game if you can still win your conference.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
whatever the reason for packers cutting sitton was, whether it was awful move or just something that had to be done, it certainly made them weaker for this season. very un-ted thompson like move.

bears got a lot stronger but they are still bears. secondary and dline aren't that good, same thing with OTs.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
This ****ing bullpen...

No $***, man. This is disgraceful. Aside from K-rod they've all struggled to acheive mediocrity. It's a shame Pelfrey is out (hard to fathom for some) because Sanchez at least was effective as middle relief. I want to see Romine on the bump before I see Shane Greene again...hell, put Paws out there.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The pen implodes every so often...just keep it to a minimum down the stretch. It's too close of a race to give games away.

Huge series with Baltimore this weekend.

Friday: Gausman vs. Fulmer
Saturday: Jimenez vs. Zimmermann
Sunday: Tillman vs. Verlander

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I have a feeling Showalter is going to abuse Ausmus this series.

I wonder which Zimmermann we'll get. It's amazing that they're in the thick of the race considering they've gotten almost nothing from Zimmermann and Upton for most of the season.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Ausmus isn't a managerial genius, but he's improved over last year and has done a good job keeping this injury riddled club moving forward. Lately, it's been less about him going all WTF and more about his players letting him down.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Ausmus isn't a managerial genius, but he's improved over last year and has done a good job keeping this injury riddled club moving forward. Lately, it's been less about him going all WTF and more about his players letting him down.
I agree that he's improved but he still makes some bizarre decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino