OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VI: Oh Look, it's Tiger Bullpen Implosion Time Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Amazing win by my Alma Mater! Fire up Chips!

Awesome ending but too bad there's the referee screw up to taint it. Then again, the Western win over Northwestern is a bit tainted because the refs botched that fumble in the end zone.

I guess since there's going to be ref screw ups, CMU shouldn't apologize for that win. Just like I won't take the Packers win over the Lions away after the bad facemask call. You still need to defend that hail mary play.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Zimmermann is a mess...not breaking any news with that statement. That was a bad opponent to return against when he was elevating pitches.

You can't rely on him right now to be top of the rotation guy but thankfully, you've got JV and Fulmer leading the way and Sanchez and Boyd have been solid.

JV can still salvage 2-of-3 and put them back to level with the Orioles. He's got to keep the O's in the yard or at least keep it to solo home runs.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm on the fence with the Leos for this year. They're no better than 8-8 unless they prove otherwise. They should be able to put up numbers on the Colts today...their defense stinks. If they make the playoffs, Stafford will have to have an MVP-worthy season. With Calvin gone, he's the focal point now. The Lions' defense should be pretty good. Levy needs to stay healthy.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Awesome ending but too bad there's the referee screw up to taint it. Then again, the Western win over Northwestern is a bit tainted because the refs botched that fumble in the end zone.

I guess since there's going to be ref screw ups, CMU shouldn't apologize for that win. Just like I won't take the Packers win over the Lions away after the bad facemask call. You still need to defend that hail mary play.

I don't see it as tainted. If a bad call goes against you and you have a reasonable chance to overcome it or are still winning and don't, then it's on you.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Cabrera had a brutal series. JZ should not have pitched. Baltimore is stacked. Can you imagine if they had good starting pitching?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Matt Stafford is my ****ing boy.

I loved that fire in that final series. Chewing ass for guys not doing what they're supposed to. He got it done.

Good on Prater for saving his own bacon...that would've been crap way to start the season.

Should be able to beat the Titans next week...could set up a nice matchup in with Week 3 with the Packers.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
I loved that fire in that final series. Chewing ass for guys not doing what they're supposed to. He got it done.

Good on Prater for saving his own bacon...that would've been crap way to start the season.

Should be able to beat the Titans next week...could set up a nice matchup in with Week 3 with the Packers.

Lions have to work on their defense if they wanna compete for a playoff spots. Colts game was horrible to watch for a defense freak like me, Stafford ****ing saved their ass!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lions have to work on their defense if they wanna compete for a playoff spots. Colts game was horrible to watch for a defense freak like me, Stafford ****ing saved their ass!

Sorry the colts comeback wasn't the lions dfence. It was the lions curse ;)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The royals will be the deciding factor I think

we have, what, six games left versus Cleveland? If we can win at least four of them, we could push for the division. If we lose the majority of them, I think we'll be out of both races for the division and the wild card.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
yeah, I'm thinking the playoffs aren't going to happen now. Our bats have just went ice cold at this point. We've scored more than four runs just once in the last ten games.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The Central is out of reach now...they basically had to run the table or go 6-1 against Cleveland but they've dropped the first two.

I don't want to bury them in terms of the wild card but they're running out of runway.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Man, Carrasco goes down without even getting an out and the Tigers can't put up a single run on 9 different pitchers. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->