Confirmed with Link: Michael Rasmussen loaned to Graz 99ers in Austria

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
40 PIMs in 10 games?

Is there a breakdown of that? Is he getting game misconducts? At what point in the game? I don't think we need to overanalyze his stats in this league too much, but I'm a little curious if his 10 GP at this point is a little more like 8.5 GP

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
40 PIMs in 10 games?

Is there a breakdown of that? Is he getting game misconducts? At what point in the game? I don't think we need to overanalyze his stats in this league too much, but I'm a little curious if his 10 GP at this point is a little more like 8.5 GP
IIRC he has 2 game misconducts. One was arguing with the ref.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Several guys on loan in Europe have begun to return to North America so I guess Ras could do so soon also. May have even been his last game fwiw.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Several guys on loan in Europe have begun to return to North America so I guess Ras could do so soon also. May have even been his last game fwiw.
I'll be interested to see if guys like Lindstrom & Larsson come back from Almtuna, or do they stay there for the full season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Huge Game for Ras today... PP Goal and 3 Assists in a 6-4 Loss

Now at 5 Goals 11 Assists in 16 Games

Nice "no surrender" -game from him.

Visitors were leading 0-4, then Rasmussen started scoring for home team, 1-4. Then assisted both 2-4 and 3-4. Visitors scored 3-5, but Rasmussen assisted again 4-5.

4-6 was empty netter.

1+3=4 points, 5 shots on goal.

Reactions: Ulysses31

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'll be interested to see if guys like Lindstrom & Larsson come back from Almtuna, or do they stay there for the full season.
I could imagine Larsson staying but if Lindström has a real shot at the Wings roster then he'll probably return pretty soon along with the others.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Half his penalty minutes are misconducts for arguing with refs. Definitely nothing to buy into

Yep, and took 1 minor penalty as the only penalty on last 9 games.

He likely didn't get to pick his spot. There were tons of players looking for far too few spots in Europe that normally wouldn't have been, my guess is the Wings did there best just to get him a spot somewhere so he is playing rather than sitting which is bad for a kid his age.

At least he did look more interested in games than Barret Hayton, who was totally non-interested egoist on his stint at Finland.

Terrible to see that kind of bad attitude from former Canadian U20 Captain. Arizona did built a nice scenario where he could play his potential future linemate Maccelli (and they played all games together), and then he wasn't interested at all. Just surfed through with beer league attitude.

Last edited:

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Yep, and took 1 minor penalty as the only penalty on last 9 games.

At least he did look more interested in games than Barret Hayton, who was totally non-interested egoist on his stint at Finland.

Terrible to see that kind of bad attitude from former Canadian U20 Captain. Arizona did built a nice scenario where he could play his potential future linemate Maccelli (and they played all games together), and then he wasn't interested at all. Just surfed through with beer league attitude.

Man Hayton was just shockingly bad at Ilves, the 4 dinky assists notwithstanding. He could have been the best player in the league too IMO; his skillset is tailor made for those finnish ice dimensions

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Why are we only playing him 11:52 a game? While 36 year old Filppula is playing 15 min a game?

If we are going to be a re-building team, and not spend $ in free agency or make trades, we need to find a way to play guys like Rasmussen more minutes.

Why? He mostly looks lost out there. The team is already pathetic enough without him watching the game for moments pass him by.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why are we only playing him 11:52 a game? While 36 year old Filppula is playing 15 min a game?

If we are going to be a re-building team, and not spend $ in free agency or make trades, we need to find a way to play guys like Rasmussen more minutes.

At least he is playing.

We'll find a way, after Filppula is traded and his main job to fetch us a future draft pick is done.

Then Rasmussen will get his ice-time.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Why? He mostly looks lost out there. The team is already pathetic enough without him watching the game for moments pass him by.

Surely you aren't that poor at reading comprehension that you missed his point, that a rebuilding team should be viewing things through this perspective: developing 21 year old center prospect > riding out 36 year old center dinosaur.

Would rather watch Rasmussen play and learn, even if it means moments will pass him by, than to watch Filppula never get into position for moments to happen in the first place.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Blash.
Ras had one solid game between Ryan and Mantha.
Then he had a very good game.

And then Ras took a penalty and decided Larkin should be their center in the third.
The line was better with Ras.

Then Blash broke the lines and made Glendening Mantha's center.
Nice job, coach!

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
decided Larkin should be their center in the third.

I understand Blashill wants to really push Larkin in the late game, but you'd think that letting Rasmussen play in those moments is equally valuable, if not more valuable. If you want to shorten the bench, shorten the bench by taking people out of the picture that don't stand to be relevant. Remembering that game, it was when Zadina was still around, so just start running this:

Namestnikov-Larkin-Zadina
Ryan-Rasmussen-Mantha
Brome-Larkin-Bertuzzi

You can give Larkin a breather by letting someone else hop on the ice for a second shift...Mantha or Ryan...play without a true center, or Glendening if you have a big faceoff. Just lean on the players who are impactful, and those you wish will one day be impactful.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I understand Blashill wants to really push Larkin in the late game, but you'd think that letting Rasmussen play in those moments is equally valuable, if not more valuable. If you want to shorten the bench, shorten the bench by taking people out of the picture that don't stand to be relevant. Remembering that game, it was when Zadina was still around, so just start running this:

Namestnikov-Larkin-Zadina
Ryan-Rasmussen-Mantha
Brome-Larkin-Bertuzzi

You can give Larkin a breather by letting someone else hop on the ice for a second shift...Mantha or Ryan...play without a true center, or Glendening if you have a big faceoff. Just lean on the players who are impactful, and those you wish will one day be impactful.

I think Zadina was gone for he second game in that series, because I think it was Namestnikov and Bertuzzi with Larkin - and that sucked.
I don't think Namestnikov has had a good line yet this year.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think Zadina was gone for he second game in that series, because I think it was Namestnikov and Bertuzzi with Larkin - and that sucked.
I don't think Namestnikov has had a good line yet this year.

Zadina was added to Covid reserve after arriving in Chicago, so he would have been around for both CBJ matchups. I thought it was one of those games, but I don’t recall with absolute certainty. You might be right.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Zadina was added to Covid reserve after arriving in Chicago, so he would have been around for both CBJ matchups. I thought it was one of those games, but I don’t recall with absolute certainty. You might be right.

Right. Ras was separated in the 3rd period of the first Chicago game - a game that I thought was his best ever in a Wings jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad