Confirmed with Link: Michael Rasmussen loaned to Graz 99ers in Austria

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Surely you aren't that poor at reading comprehension that you missed his point, that a rebuilding team should be viewing things through this perspective: developing 21 year old center prospect > riding out 36 year old center dinosaur.

Would rather watch Rasmussen play and learn, even if it means moments will pass him by, than to watch Filppula never get into position for moments to happen in the first place.

Because a guy whos about to turn 22, and still looks as lost as he did the first year he stepped into the NHL most of the time says maybe his development curve isn't going to be nearly as good as some people here think it will be. Him being tragically lost at the NHL level isn't helping anyone. Giving him more time against teams that aren't Chicago isn't going to help either. And other than Svech he might be the least lucky prospect the Wings have had. He should have been in GR his first year out of the WHL but got screwed by the transfer agreement, and he should be in the AHL this year, but COVID.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Because a guy whos about to turn 22, and still looks as lost as he did the first year he stepped into the NHL most of the time says maybe his development curve isn't going to be nearly as good as some people here think it will be. Him being tragically lost at the NHL level isn't helping anyone. Giving him more time against teams that aren't Chicago isn't going to help either. And other than Svech he might be the least lucky prospect the Wings have had. He should have been in GR his first year out of the WHL but got screwed by the transfer agreement, and he should be in the AHL this year, but COVID.

Couldn’t agree more!

I don’t think he will ever make the top 6 like how some fans were hoping, but he can be a solid top 9 who plays on the PP. I wouldn’t panic with how his development is going, give him 2-3 years in the AHL once it starts up again as per usual. When he’s 25 will be the real time to panic (or not) if he’s still at where he is now.

TLDR; long term project prospect

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

If the centers we are icing were doing much better, sure...

Filppula has 0 pts, is -4, and is winning 40% of his draws in 6 games.

If we’re gonna be bad, let’s at least be bad giving our young players some ice time to try to figure it out. And if they don’t think Rasmussen can beat out guys like Filppula/Nielsen then they should have left him in Europe.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

So because you personally don’t like Rasmussen’s play through 3-4 games, it’s the right time to cut bait and be done with him? Someone who is 21-22 years old, with limited NHL experience as a 19 year old and various injuries since is just done with his development. He isn’t going to learn on the job, he doesn’t have a chance to be better than half the roster we currently employ, he isn’t currently better than half the centers we run out on a daily basis?

Bitch about the CHL transfer agreement, and I’ll be there with you. But to say Ras shouldn’t be in the NHL because he’s behind the curve, when he’s been as good, if not better than any center not named Larkin or Glendening...no, that’s not anything I can buy

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Blash.
Ras had one solid game between Ryan and Mantha.
Then he had a very good game.

And then Ras took a penalty and decided Larkin should be their center in the third.
The line was better with Ras.

Then Blash broke the lines and made Glendening Mantha's center.
Nice job, coach!

Blash knows he needs better results this season than last season to ensure he's here next season....I want him to be successful, but can't see it....

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

If we’re gonna be bad, let’s at least be bad giving our young players some ice time to try to figure it out. And if they don’t think Rasmussen can beat out guys like Filppula/Nielsen then they should have left him in Europe.

In 4 out of his last 5 games, Filppula has gotten ZERO shots on goal while averaging 15+ minutes of ice time.

Svechnikov, Cholowski and Rasmussen are behind the likes of Nielsen, Filppula, Staal, Biega, etc. on the depth chart for a rebuilding team. It hurts to even type that out :laugh:

Not blaming Blash with that last point. Maybe he is to blame or maybe those kids just aren't good enough. Either way it sucks

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Blash destroying ras development. He should be the net front on the #1 pp. That's his strength.

Destroying his development by letting play the net front on the #2 powerplay that has coincidentally been better than the #1 powerplay? The first powerplay is designed to be shot heavy...although it hasn't been. The second powerplay at this stage has no shooters, so the play actually has been flowing through trying to get Ras work down low, which would actually be better for his development than being a walking screen for Hronek's shitty shot selection.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I'm hoping they send him to GR and let him play down there. Playing 11 minutes a night in Detroit isn't doing him any favors.

Reactions: Frk It

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Rasmussen looks good. He's been a safe play which is good on a bad team.

I think we're going to see him start to reach that level in his development that Zadina started to hit at the end of last season. Honestly I thought he looked good for a raw talent 19 yo in the NHL his rookie year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm hoping they send him to GR and let him play down there. Playing 11 minutes a night in Detroit isn't doing him any favors.

Almost wonder if they are just doing this until the AHL season starts, knowing he is going down then.

Would not mind Svechnikov and maybe Rasmussen starting the year on line 1 for GR.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I thought he looked really good last night with Smith, playing a physical game and forechecking really hard. Getting a little scrappy after the whistles and stuff like that.

People are forgetting hes 3 games in with their hot takes in here

Reactions: William Rusco

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I wonder if someone is close to returning

2 assists last night.
6 games 0-3-3.
3 points is good for 6th on the team. Noted, he's played two games less than some guys.
Six shots on goal.
10/20 on faceoffs,
44 CF%.

Thing I don't like is someone drills him in the back with a crosscheck and he skates away without looking back.

Too early to give up on Rasmussen. I don't think he's got Gurianov's ability, but I wonder if Stars fans were upside about this pick before last year?
In Guriano'vs D+3 year he went 19-15-34 in Texas.
In his D+4 year he went 1-3-4 in Dallas and 20-28-48 inDallas.
In his D+5 year he went 20-9-39 in Dallas and turned it up in the playoffs.

Rasmussen is in his D+4 year.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I wonder if someone is close to returning

Haven't they been placing people on the taxi squad off and on after each game anyways? I don't think you are penalized for activating a taxi squad guy for a game day, but you have to reassign to be under the maximum roster threshold. If they don't reassign, they would be running with something like 25+ bodies on the "active" roster.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad