Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I fully expect the Habs to re-sign him, unless they get up against the 50 which so far it's not looking like it will be a problem. He showed a lot of improvement this year so what's the harm in bringing him back as Bouchard had him playing his best hockey as a pro since his first month of his career. Not sure if he would clear waivers but another year in Laval could be just what he needs, maybe a mid to late season call up if he continues to progress.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I fully expect the Habs to re-sign him, unless they get up against the 50 which so far it's not looking like it will be a problem. He showed a lot of improvement this year so what's the harm in bringing him back as Bouchard had him playing his best hockey as a pro since his first month of his career. Not sure if he would clear waivers but another year in Laval could be just what he needs, maybe a mid to late season call up if he continues to progress.

Drafted in 2013 ....Oct 2019 is 60+ days from the year 2020...

2013 to 2020

I think the time to move along has come...from the Habs side or like Dan Carr wanted out etc.....either way i think he is gone.This was a make it or break it year

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Drafted in 2013 ....Oct 2019 is 60+ days from the year 2020...

2013 to 2020

I think the time to move along has come...from the Habs side or like Dan Carr wanted out etc.....either way i think he is gone.This was a make it or break it year

Had he shown no improvement, it would make sense to move on.. however he's actually improved a lot under Bouchard after regressing for years. There is no harm in giving him another year, worst case he helps our AHL team, best case he keeps improving and is able to play his way onto the 4th line in the NHL.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I feel sorry for the guy. He finally gets to play for a non-sabotaging coach, and this happens.

Me too, high hopes back in the day...We was in a different spot back then getting pushed around, going for size and toughness...him and Jarred Tinordi....was some high hopes back in the day...neither have been able to make the jump..and the game changed in the past few seasons...which made it much harder for these 2 guys.

Reactions: DAChampion

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He wasn't among the top 15 forwards this season and cleared waivers. I'll be surprised if he's back.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
And to think Anahiem picks Theodore 26th one pick after McCarron.

That would have been so awesome...

Actually the bottom third of that first round was quite bad except for a couple of decent players

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
It took Brian Boyle 7 years post draft to become an everyday, effective NHL player. Big guys take time.
I still think McCarron can be an effective bottom 6 guy, especially considering the strides he made this year with regards to his comfort on the ice. I wouldn't give up on him.

Even if he doesn't pan out, it's nice to have a veteran AHL guy in Laval, if he doesn't want out of the organization.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

His best hockey is still no good.

Reactions: BeastMode420

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kid deserves another year. We used to be the “classiest” organization in the league. Time to reclaim that IMO.
what does class has to do with this?
Draft pedigree? McCarron isn't and will never be an NHL caliber player, just move on and use that contract and gamble on another Undrafted kid euro kid or something.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Seems like Bouchard would like to see McCarron back next year.

Joël Bouchard verrait d’un bon oeil le retour de Michael McCarron l’an prochain. « Je vais laisser Marc [Bergevin] faire son travail et gérer les contrats. Mais moi, je l’aime beaucoup. Il peut apporter beaucoup. J’ai adoré son attitude et sa progression cette année. »

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seems like Bouchard would like to see McCarron back next year.

Joël Bouchard verrait d’un bon oeil le retour de Michael McCarron l’an prochain. « Je vais laisser Marc [Bergevin] faire son travail et gérer les contrats. Mais moi, je l’aime beaucoup. Il peut apporter beaucoup. J’ai adoré son attitude et sa progression cette année. »

I just don't see them not bringing him back, they have invested a good bit of time in him, he's shown a good bit of improvement in one year under their new coach and for a team with many small forwards and a likely opening on the 4th line next year it makes sense to bring him back. If Bouchard pushes for it then they should do it as long as it doesn't impact their plans for the 50 which it appears as though they will have enough room for him.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Big men like this are long term projects, just not sure why he was not tried as a winger or even a dman. Still sucks he never got to play with Domi a bit, they were magic in London.

He should work on skating again in the off season and sign with another team for a fresh start. I still think he will play in NHL for someone, just not as a center.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just don't see them not bringing him back, they have invested a good bit of time in him, he's shown a good bit of improvement in one year under their new coach and for a team with many small forwards and a likely opening on the 4th line next year it makes sense to bring him back. If Bouchard pushes for it then they should do it as long as it doesn't impact their plans for the 50 which it appears as though they will have enough room for him.

He's still an RFA next year so the Habs should be able to get another one-year deal out of him. Who knows how well he'll have recovered from his injury by next training camp but I would surmise that he should once again go unclaimed should he not make the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad