Michael DiPietro Allows 2 Goals on first 2 Shots in NHL

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
And the thing is...they can't pull him...who's the backup if himself was an emergency call? Lol
Apparently there's some emergency mystery backup in the building that can play for either team, but only if their last goalie is injured. So they can't pull DiPietro.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Not cool. Everyone knew that DiPietro isn't NHL ready yet, he's more raw than uncooked chicken. Pretty brutal that Benning's incompetence, fed the 19 y/o rookie to the wolves in this one. Hopefully Dipietro's confidence isn't shattered, and comes back in the future stronger than ever. He now know's what it's like to play in the NHL for the future, and what it's like to play behind a putrid defensive, such as Vancouver's.

Shame on you Benning for this one.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Not cool. Everyone knew that DiPietro isn't NHL ready yet, he's more raw than uncooked chicken. Pretty brutal that Benning's incompetence, fed the 19 y/o rookie to the wolves in this one. Hopefully Dipietro's confidence isn't shattered, and comes back in the future stronger than ever. He now know's what it's like to play in the NHL for the future, and what it's like to play behind a putrid defensive, such as Vancouver's.

Shame on you Benning for this one.

yup sheer incompetence

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Poor kid, hopefully he gets over it quick. He is only 19.

Still amazed that Dan Blackburn played 31 games as an 18-year-old and another 32 the next season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Poor kid, hopefully he gets over it quick. He is only 19.

Still amazed that Dan Blackburn played 31 games as an 18-year-old and another 32 the next season.
I don't think 6-1 is that big of a deal. But if they can't pull him and it ends up like 11-1 lol. Either way it's much more embarrassing for the organization than him.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I feel bad for the kid, but in the long run, it will probably help him to be a better goalie.

I think that you don't realize how good NHLers are until you play them.

Now he knows and it will probably push him to work harder if he wants to play in this league again.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
IIRC, utica won't have a goalie as DiPi can't play in the AHL this year
No, it’s that Bachman is also hurt. They have Michael Leighton on a tryout contract and ECHL callup Kulbakov down in Utica. Neither are on NHL contracts, so they can’t be called up. No idea why Benning hasn’t signed an AHL goalie to call up, though. He’s had a lot of time to find a solution since McKenna got claimed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This would be funnier if smeone actually photoshopped it.
gsk1Ye2.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Vancouvers goaltending depth must be pretty bad when a really raw 19 year old CHL goalie has to start a game. It's not even like some of those injuries are really that uncommon.

Last edited:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I feel bad for the kid, but in the long run, it will probably help him to be a better goalie.

I think that you don't realize how good NHLers are until you play them.

Now he knows and it will probably push him to work harder if he wants to play in this league again.

This was what I was gunna say, maybe this actually helps the kid better prepare for his career moving forward.

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad