Michael DiPietro Allows 2 Goals on first 2 Shots in NHL

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why not sign Leighton or Kulbakov though? Surely an NHL team could see that you need more than 3 pro goalies under contract?

they do not have a NHL clause in their contracts, so no we can't use them.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
Everyone seems to be overreacting,.

Hes been a confident and consummate professional through out his career. I think what he takes away from this is a new found respect for his position and the league. He likely realizes he has a lot of work ahead of him and he's going to work that much harder. I'm sure Travis Greene will have a chat with him about this and he'll be just fine.

The Canucks definitely should've picked an easier team to play for his first game though.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The point is that teams would normally sign such players to NHL contracts under these circumstances. And then use them.

these so Called circumstances are rare. that said thank you for your concern???

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Senators and Oilers are the best at doing stupid things but every once and awhile it seems like the canucks look at those two teams and say "hold my beer".

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
these so Called circumstances are rare. that said thank you for your concern???

Las Vegas lost all their goalies last year, Pittsburgh did earlier this year if I’m not mistaken, goalies get injured all the time. Most teams don’t sit on their hands for 5 weeks doing nothing

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
To all the Rick Dipietro jokes, I feel like people are confusing injuries with poor play.

DP wasn't that bad with the Isles, he was just constantly hurt. So the double bad joke really sucks there, not related and Rick wasn't that bad.

He was pretty bad. He had a career save % of .902 and a GAA of 2.87. Not to mention a losing record. He really only had one good year and another that was alright. How he got that contract, I’ll never understand. The injuries were just salt in the wounds.

Reactions: lawrence

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Las Vegas lost all their goalies last year, Pittsburgh did earlier this year if I’m not mistaken, goalies get injured all the time. Most teams don’t sit on their hands for 5 weeks doing nothing

Which is rare. Yes. Sounds like another management thread yes . Sure. Who knew flyers will claim our goalie. That wasn’t expected. So happened to one in 30 teams maybe per year ?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The 2nd goal was crazy. Ben Hutton is a moron.

G6vVqYk.gif
I noticed all the chinese writing on the boards. Is that through out the arena?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Which is rare. Yes. Sounds like another management thread yes . Sure. Who knew flyers will claim our goalie. That wasn’t expected. So happened to one in 30 teams maybe per year ?
If it happened last year and it happened this year it’s not that rare. And those were examples just off the top of my head; I’m sure there are many more where teams had to use their third string goalie.

It’s not like this was an overnight emergency; McKenna was claimed 5weeks ago on wiavers. And the fix to the situation (as witnessed suddenly overnight) was easy if they weren’t incompetent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad