Michael DiPietro Allows 2 Goals on first 2 Shots in NHL

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
That's a really rough go. Welcome to the NHL kid, here's a ton of two on ones and shots from the slot against the San Jose Sharks! Hope he shakes it off.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Unless you consider Rick his Spirit Animal, which he clearly is.

He may never make it to the NHL and to be honest, I don’t think he’s the greatest of goalie prospects. But he’s a 19 year old kid playing a position that takes the longest to develop. He clearly wasn’t ready for a start in the NHL, and Vancouver was absolutely terrible defensively as well. It was the perfect storm. I wouldn’t use a game like that to judge any teenager, especially a goalie.

Reactions: Gobben

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2019-2-12_7-17-23.jpeg

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Demko and DiPi gonna be a solid 1 2?

Demko is one of the better goalie prospects around and DiPi has made a solid case for himself as an NHL goalie at some level in the future, the Canucks just played like trash tonight, he looked okay in glimpses

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
More great news for Ottawa hockey teams! I am sure his confidence will just be beaming when he comes back to Jr.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
Welcome to the NHL. This would have to be a wake up call for him to really improve his game. He's a good goalie and can have a bright future in the NHL. This is definitely a learning experience for him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Canucks not doing him any favours
Seriously. What is their goaltending situation that they have to start a teenager at this time? He's a good prospect and all but it should have taken a pretty dire situation in order for him to actually start an NHL game right now. :dunno:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Seriously. What is their goaltending situation that they have to start a teenager at this time? He's a good prospect and all but it should have taken a pretty dire situation in order for him to actually start an NHL game right now. :dunno:

No one could have seen this coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->