Methot Unhappy - Was ready to play last night (Closed Permanently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh Christ, here we go. Most of you aren't getting it. It's not about having a few brews and enjoying the fruits of success, it's about team rules and in particular curfews. Now, I'm not referring to this scratching but the rumors of his last when he was allegedly sick. You don't break curfew. Remember Trotz with Kostisyn and Radulov a couple years back? Those guys were allegedly not even drinking, they just violated team policy. That was the bloody playoffs.

Methot is looked at as a veteran leader on the club and if those rumors had any legs, it's pretty understandable why Maclean would make an example of him. (And again, this is in reference to the last time, not this one)

Having such a young team, it's important to keep these guys focused on hockey. Pretty ridiculous to criticize Maclean for sitting Methot last night when we won in a shut out victory as well. I'm glad Methot wants to play so badly, he should as a competitor but let's have some semblance it of sanity When discussing the decision making of a Jack Adams winning coach and please acknowledge that not only does he have infinitely more knowledge and experience in the game, he's as close to the situation as anyone could be and knows what's going on with the player.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh Christ, here we go. Most of you aren't getting it. It's not about having a few brews and enjoying the fruits of success, it's about team rules and in particular curfews. Now, I'm not referring to this scratching but the rumors of his last when he was allegedly sick. You don't break curfew. Remember Trotz with Kostisyn and Radulov a couple years back? Those guys were allegedly not even drinking, they just violated team policy. That was the bloody playoffs.

Methot is looked at as a veteran leader on the club and if those rumors had any legs, it's pretty understandable why Maclean would make an example of him. (And again, this is in reference to the last time, not this one)

Having such a young team, it's important to keep these guys focused on hockey. Pretty ridiculous to criticize Maclean for sitting Methot last night when we won in a shut out victory as well. I'm glad Methot wants to play so badly, he should as a competitor but let's have some semblance it of sanity When discussing the decision making of a Jack Adams winning coach and please acknowledge that not only does have infinitely more knowledge and experience in the game, he's as close to the situation as anyone could be and knows what's going on with the player.

do we all need to look that word up in the dictionary?

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
probably what happened was that Methot was healthy enough to play and PM didnt want to give him the okay to make sure he's 100% and Methot, being a competitive guy, disagreed.
MOD

If Methots reading this boards :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteLight*

Do you have PW46 ahead of him?

Yes. ESPECIALLY on the 3rd pair with limited minutes, Wiercioch is much more effective in that role. Methot is decent at even strength to play a shut down role, but he doesn't fit on the top 2 pairs now, and the Sens don't even miss him on the PK either.

It's really no big deal, though obviously I'd rather see him play than Phillips

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Yes. ESPECIALLY on the 3rd pair with limited minutes, Wiercioch is much more effective in that role. Methot is decent at even strength to play a shut down role, but he doesn't fit on the top 2 pairs now, and the Sens don't even miss him on the PK either.

It's really no big deal, though obviously I'd rather see him play than Phillips
I would say that 30 teams have Methot significantly ahead. Have you ever played the game?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
well I don't understand why he still plays as much as he does if things are bad

anyways, off to the MacLean's dungeon with you Methot

i_must_not_tell_lies____by_xxnear_blackxx-d4a3d2s.jpg

probably what happened was that Methot was healthy enough to play and PM didnt want to give him the okay to make sure he's 100% and Methot, being a competitive guy, disagreed.
well perhaps, but it's concerning all the same

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010

Having such a young team, it's important to keep these guys focused on hockey. Pretty ridiculous to criticize Maclean for sitting Methot last night when we won in a shut out victory as well. I'm glad Methot wants to play so badly, he should as a competitor but let's have some semblance it of sanity When discussing the decision making of a Jack Adams winning coach and please acknowledge that not only does he have infinitely more knowledge and experience in the game, he's as close to the situation as anyone could be and knows what's going on with the player.

Ya, and they managed to muster two meager goals against a terrible team. And got killed in give aways again. I'd like to see that against Tampa.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You stood me up last night, was expecting you to be playing the game in your backyard.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So, uh... you guys have been surprisingly good about this. I was halfway expecting you all to be going off the rocker with stories of "things I saw Methot do". Instead, you're tossing around the word "allegedly", and not going into specifics... just like a little Rory Calhoun!

Nonetheless, I feel as though there should be a Mod Warning in this thread, just to play it safe and make sure that this doesn't devolve into a Methot Whitch Hunt. And in true Mod tradition, I'm going to do it in all-caps:

ANY POST MAKING CLEAR CLAIMS ABOUT ANY OFF-ICE ISSUES INVOLVING METHOT, OR ANY OTHER PLAYER, WITHOUT CONCRETE EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP, WILL BE INFRACTED FOR LIBEL AND THREADBANNED.

... but, you guys knew that already. Keep it up!

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Methot, you sir are not very smart.

The team is looking to acquire someone at the deadline. Now is not the time to be making yourself redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad