Methot Unhappy - Was ready to play last night (Closed Permanently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Give me a ****ing break... Olympic athletes would put NHL players to shame and they do it with far less support and far far far less coin. This idea that is prevalent, especially in the US is that people who make money should just do what ever the hell they want with no consequence. An example: kid gets off for killing people in a car accident after being drunk and on drugs because his parents are rich. People need to suffer the consequences of their actions...

If methot is acting like an idiot off the ice, it doesn't need to be me telling him anything. The coach however, who runs the team will certainly put him in his place.

If this is just an injury then Methot needs to keep his mouth shut, listen to the coach and play his best hockey when the coach and medical staff decide he is ready. If he feels like he was bag skated and coach says different, then perhaps he is lying, or is in piss poor shape.

Either way, I have to laugh at this thread and the people trying to blame the coach for a player making stupid decisions. The term goes, put your money where your mouth is... or play like you deserve it.
The example of a rich kids getting away with murder has no place in a conversation about a young man who has worked very hard to get where he is having beers in a night club. You should be embarrassed.

Methot has done well for us. Period. Known as a fitness freak.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Give me a ****ing break... Olympic athletes would put NHL players to shame and they do it with far less support and far far far less coin. This idea that is prevalent, especially in the US is that people who make money should just do what ever the hell they want with no consequence. An example: kid gets off for killing people in a car accident after being drunk and on drugs because his parents are rich. People need to suffer the consequences of their actions...

If methot is acting like an idiot off the ice, it doesn't need to be me telling him anything. The coach however, who runs the team will certainly put him in his place.

If this is just an injury then Methot needs to keep his mouth shut, listen to the coach and play his best hockey when the coach and medical staff decide he is ready. If he feels like he was bag skated and coach says different, then perhaps he is lying, or is in piss poor shape.

Either way, I have to laugh at this thread and the people trying to blame the coach for a player making stupid decisions. The term goes, put your money where your mouth is... or play like you deserve it.

First off, nobody knows if Methot was making stupid decisions. Nobody knows what the **** was going on in general. This **** has gotten out of hand. Somebody suggests that Methot has an avid night life, and people are spouting off nonsense about how pro athletes should be held to a higher standard then the rest of us.

This is utter nonsense.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
First off, nobody knows if Methot was making stupid decisions. Nobody knows what the **** was going on in general. This **** has gotten out of hand. Somebody suggests that Methot has an avid night life, and people are spouting off nonsense about how pro athletes should be held to a higher standard then the rest of us.

This is utter nonsense.

I heard a quote today that a society gets the criminals it deserves... though it has nothing to do with this thread I believe it is quite fitting for your post. I do believe that athletes should be held to higher standards, as I do any person with wealth or power, fame or a famous voice in this world. I think people on mass deserve it.

All nonsense aside, Methot who is earning millions complained to the media about his coach today. Complained that he was not played when he thought he was ready. Essentially putting a rift in what was otherwise a win and team effort last night. In this sense Methot made a stupid decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OK GUYS, FOR REAL. I'M DRAWING THE LINE HERE.

Remember when I said this? I know it was a long time ago, so I'll refresh your memories:
That being said, if this thread DOES get derailed by silly bickering, or if anyone crosses the line and directly accuses Methot of anything without proof, it will be closed.

YEAH, THAT APPLIES RIGHT NOW.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
A sense of responsibility comes in both instances. Methot has a responsibility to his team, as does this kid have a responsibility to society. Both are upper echelon and both are acting like children. Maybe my comparison was harsh... but the point is, RESPONSIBILITY.

Just a friendly suggestion then: maybe using a less harsh comparison, preferably hockey related, will help keep focus on your main point. If the point you are trying to make is that players, especially veterans who are supposed to be leaders on the team, should try be composed and responsible then I am on board.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I heard a quote today that a society gets the criminals it deserves... though it has nothing to do with this thread I believe it is quite fitting for your post. I do believe that athletes should be held to higher standards, as I do any person with wealth or power, fame or a famous voice in this world. I think people on mass deserve it.

All nonsense aside, Methot who is earning millions complained to the media about his coach today. Complained that he was not played when he thought he was ready. Essentially putting a rift in what was otherwise a win and team effort last night. In this sense Methot made a stupid decision.

Because I think that a what a person does in his own time is his business and nobody elses provided he isn't hurting anyone else?

Ok.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Because I think that a what a person does in his own time is his business and nobody elses provided he isn't hurting anyone else?

Ok.

This quote was more about how we hold different people to different standards. I have no idea what methot is doing in his free time, but if it is hurting the team in anyway... re: bad performance = loss = pissed off fans. Then it is in fact hurting a lot of people in a certain way.

I am more annoyed at the fact that he complained about our coaching staff and or the teams training staff. It was selfish, as is any excessive activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad