Methot Unhappy - Was ready to play last night (Closed Permanently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
There may be a story behind the story but in terms of his on ice performance the Sens can't dispose of a quality d-man like Methot. If the relationship continues to sour with PM he may be on the "Alfie train" outta here. He is a keeper and a valuable asset in my mind. Time for Phillips to take a rotation in the "healthy scratch" department.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
So why's he scratched? Twice? I'd like to think there's a good reason behind it. Methot sure made its sound like there was something behind it. Why'd he feel the need to go behind the coach to the media?

I'm just pointing out what's already there.

I agree with you... but hardly cause of on-ice issues, tbh. That's why I didn't agree with.

Maybe he's being scratched because a trade is being finalized with him involved.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
So why's he scratched? Twice? I'd like to think there's a good reason behind it. Methot sure made its sound like there was something behind it. Why'd he feel the need to go behind the coach to the media?

I'm just pointing out what's already there.

Why does a player giving a calm and reasonable quote to a journalist "going behind the coach to the media?"

Have you read the quotes?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Ridiculous. The way management has handled our players this year has been laughable.

Methot (clearly our 2nd best defenseman) benched twice in very important games.

Hoffman given no opportunity to succeed, was benched and then sent down after 2 games.

Zibanejad sent to the AHL, consistently benched in the 3rd despite being one of our best forwards game in and game out.

Ryan consistently given low ice time despite being our biggest scoring threat. Even in games where we trail, this guy often gets less ice time than Neil, Greening and other no-talent grinders.

Wiercioch benched for no apparent reason, always scratched in favour of Phillips (who has been beyond awful this season).

Lehner stapled to the bench for most of the season, rarely given a start, even after a horrible game by Anderson. Guy posts a shutout, and three games later still hasn't hit the ice, despite Anderson playing horribly in Montreal and NY.

.....and the list goes on. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of players, including Ryan, chose not to re-sign in Ottawa given the pathetic way they have been treated this season.

Agreed. Not sure what happened to Maclean being a "players coach."

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Methot sitting is inexcusable. But bums like Phillips and Gryba play?

Come on Mac, you are really starting to lose your fans.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ridiculous. The way management has handled our players this year has been laughable.

Methot (clearly our 2nd best defenseman) benched twice in very important games.

Hoffman given no opportunity to succeed, was benched and then sent down after 2 games.

Zibanejad sent to the AHL, consistently benched in the 3rd despite being one of our best forwards game in and game out.

Ryan consistently given low ice time despite being our biggest scoring threat. Even in games where we trail, this guy often gets less ice time than Neil, Greening and other no-talent grinders.

Wiercioch benched for no apparent reason, always scratched in favour of Phillips (who has been beyond awful this season).

Lehner stapled to the bench for most of the season, rarely given a start, even after a horrible game by Anderson. Guy posts a shutout, and three games later still hasn't hit the ice, despite Anderson playing horribly in Montreal and NY.

.....and the list goes on. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of players, including Ryan, chose not to re-sign in Ottawa given the pathetic way they have been treated this season.

Sounds like to me MacLean is trying to coach these guys for the desired results of helping the team win. I am behind the coach with the group of players you mentioned.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Holy over reaction.

First thing, Methot should shut his mouth and worry about hockey and not politics.

Second thing, if the team took this approach with Wade Redden maybe he'd still be playing in this league and wouldn't have withered away into obscurity.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Methot sitting is inexcusable. But bums like Phillips and Gryba play?

Come on Mac, you are really starting to lose your fans.

Just because you, I or anyone else doesn't understand something doesn't mean there isn't/wasn't a good reason for it. Step up, don't ask them to dumb it down for you.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
This is one-million percent speculation, but what if there was a deal on the table last night of Methot for MDZ? Sather got Klein for him, and Methot and Klein are about as similar of players / contracts / age / etc as you can get. Maybe Sather just needed more time to make up his mind on who he wanted and Murray didn't want to risk Methot getting hurt.

It's not too far fetched if you think about it. We had shown interest in MDZ for a while now, and a rumor came out Sather was asking for Methot and we said no. Then it turns out the day after Marc is healthy scratched, Del Zotto was traded.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
This is one-million percent speculation, but what if there was a deal on the table last night of Methot for MDZ? Sather got Klein for him, and Methot and Klein are about as similar of players / contracts / age / etc as you can get. Maybe Sather just needed more time to make up his mind on who he wanted and Murray didn't want to risk Methot getting hurt.

It's not too far fetched if you think about it. We had shown interest in MDZ for a while now, and a rumor came out Sather was asking for Methot and we said no. Then it turns out the day after Marc is healthy scratched, Del Zotto was traded.

Definitely an interesting thought - combines and fits a lot of what we've been hearing the past while.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Interesting.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think you guys are overreacting. Heavily.

Agreed. Much ado about nothing.

Methot told the coach he thought something was up in practice, coach tells someone else they're playing, Methot tells the coach to nevermind but the decision has already been made.

I find something like that much more plausible then some nonsense about the coach not liking methot, or some other unsubstantiated off ice crap.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Compared to his performance last year - the one that had MacLean labeling him part of the top 5 veteran core? He's been scratched twice already for non on ice related issues. I guess I consider his ability and effectiveness to lead as part of his overall performance, so... yes?

With Seidenberg being out for the rest of the season, Methot is surely a guy the B's would be interested in if he were made available. 2 questions:
1. Are the off-ice rumors valid? Something that would scare Chiarelli and other GMs from acquiring him?
2. What would Ottawa realistically want from Boston in return for him?

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
If you think that justifies it -cool.

We have two pretty good defensemen sitting on their ass every day. What's the point of having them around if you are not going to play them when you have a reason to? The reason was good enough for Maclean, so it's good enough for me. Don't expect Methot to like it.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Methot is our best DEFENSIVE defence-men. losing him and keeping phillips will set us back.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 2m
What's interesting is according to @SunGarrioch, Methot was paired with Corvo at practice today. Could that mean he sits again? #Sens

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
We have two pretty good defensemen sitting on their ass every day. What's the point of having them around if you are not going to play them when you have a reason to? The reason was good enough for Maclean, so it's good enough for me. Don't expect Methot to like it.

Okay. Now please explain why Phillips has never been healthy scratched this season, when he has been stuck in his own zone all season.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 2m
What's interesting is according to @SunGarrioch, Methot was paired with Corvo at practice today. Could that mean he sits again? #Sens

doghouse400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad