Methot Unhappy - Was ready to play last night (Closed Permanently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Absolutely makes no sense. He loves to win he loves this team and he puts everything on the line.
MOD

He is our 2nd best defender.

Only way this makes sense is if Ottawa believe they can use Methot in a trade for impact forward while trading another forward for impact defender better than Methot.

I still can't see what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMONT

Jun 13, 2009
Ottawa
Compared to his performance last year - the one that had MacLean labeling him part of the top 5 veteran core? He's been scratched twice already for non on ice related issues. I guess I consider his ability and effectiveness to lead as part of his overall performance, so... yes?

Pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on the off-ice issues for which Methot was previously benched?

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
If they're thinking of trading him then putting him on the bottom pairing and giving him healthy scratches is a pretty terrible way to go about it. He should be paired with Karlsson on the top pairing, not being scratched. This is ridiculous.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We cry out for the coach to scratch under performing vets - and when he does? There's no winning here.

Methot's a big boy, he'll tough through it.

Compared to his performance last year - the one that had MacLean labeling him part of the top 5 veteran core? He's been scratched twice already for non on ice related issues. I guess I consider his ability and effectiveness to lead as part of his overall performance, so... yes?

Ridiculous posts.

Methot may not be played like he did last year but HARDLY anything worse. You only scratch guys if they aren't helping the team win or have lost position to other players. Methot helps team win and no other defender has passed him in charts yet.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Most likely situation

Methot says he has a minor-injury but should be able to play

Maclean says we have guys lining up to get into the lineup, take the day off get that minor-injury to no minor-injury

Methot goes I want to play.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Methot said he was bagskated in practice.

How do you claim someone is injured then put them through vigorous practice. I think that's what pissed Methot the most and why he spoke out.

I wouldn't blame him.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

How do you claim someone is injured then put them through vigorous practice. I think that's what pissed Methot the most and why he spoke out.

I wouldn't blame him.

Players often get bag-skated for other reasons beyond performance on the ice.

It's usually a punishment for an off-ice discretion.

When I was in college, if you broke curfew, you got bag-skated. And you got scratched/benched.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

I wouldn't blame him.

Unless your injury is with your legs you can still skate as normal. They did not say what it was, but it could be a slight wrist issue or something like that.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
FWIW,

I heard about this earlier today, and didn't think anything of it...

Apparently him and MacLean are butting heads.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on the off-ice issues for which Methot was previously benched?

Off ice issues meaning not directly related to his play on the ice. He hasn't been playing terribly (we can all agree), so I'm led to believe the coaching staffs' issue with him is something off ice. -Unless they sat him for the kicks? :dunno:

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
If a player is totally healthy and is scratched after playing consistently...he is ****ing told. None of this hopey dopey ****.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Players often get bag-skated for other reasons beyond performance on the ice.

It's usually a punishment for an off-ice discretion.

When I was in college, if you broke curfew, you got bag-skated. And you got scratched/benched.

Yea I know, what I was saying is that they may have not benched him for "injuries."

Hand injury

If it wasn't good enough to play why still tough practice anyway? Skating or not.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If a player is totally healthy and is scratched after playing consistently...he is ****ing told. None of this hopey dopey ****.

Maybe they wouldn't like how he would respond to it.

"Hey Mark, we know you're our best defender defensively and key to this team and God knows we don't have that strong defensive depth anyway but... we're gonna scratch you, bruh."

"Mark... wtf.. why?"

"Uhh... *damn should have went with you're still injured*.. good point."

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Yea I know, what I was saying is that they may have not benched him for "injuries."

If it wasn't good enough to play why still tough practice anyway? Skating or not.

There is such a thing as a half "injury" half "getting someone else a game" scratch. I imagine that this was one of them.

I imagine if Cody Ceci goes up to the coach and says "I got a puck in the hand last game and it kind of hurts." Wiercioch would be in the lineup.

Scratching a player because he is a drunk and lying to him and telling it's because he is hurt...when he isn't hurt. Is just stupid. The goal is for him to stop being a drunk. Maclean would never do that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ridiculous. The way management has handled our players this year has been laughable.

Methot (clearly our 2nd best defenseman) benched twice in very important games.

Hoffman given no opportunity to succeed, was benched and then sent down after 2 games.

Zibanejad sent to the AHL, consistently benched in the 3rd despite being one of our best forwards game in and game out.

Ryan consistently given low ice time despite being our biggest scoring threat. Even in games where we trail, this guy often gets less ice time than Neil, Greening and other no-talent grinders.

Wiercioch benched for no apparent reason, always scratched in favour of Phillips (who has been beyond awful this season).

Lehner stapled to the bench for most of the season, rarely given a start, even after a horrible game by Anderson. Guy posts a shutout, and three games later still hasn't hit the ice, despite Anderson playing horribly in Montreal and NY.

.....and the list goes on. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of players, including Ryan, chose not to re-sign in Ottawa given the pathetic way they have been treated this season.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Ridiculous posts.

Methot may not be played like he did last year but HARDLY anything worse. You only scratch guys if they aren't helping the team win or have lost position to other players. Methot helps team win and no other defender has passed him in charts yet.

So why's he scratched? Twice? I'd like to think there's a good reason behind it. Methot sure made its sound like there was something behind it. Why'd he feel the need to go behind the coach to the media?

I'm just pointing out what's already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad