Methot Unhappy - Was ready to play last night (Closed Permanently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Second time he's been benched this season. Unacceptable.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
We cry out for the coach to scratch under performing vets - and when he does? There's no winning here.

Methot's a big boy, he'll tough through it.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We cry out for the coach to scratch under performing vets - and when he does? There's no winning here.

Methot under performing!?!?!?

LooooooooooooooouoooooooooooooooooLz

Methot is a gonner. I dont think management and coaching like him off ice and recently dont like his on ice.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Agreed, doesn't make any sense. He's one of our top D. Coupled with last event, you gotta believe there's something going on here.

melnyk budget*

Missed a game against a pathetic caps team after being injured. team won 2-0. shut your mouth and get ready for next one. clearly won't be a healthy scratch next game.

and if he is...there's an issue somewhere.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe he's on his way to the JOB dungeon and this is his cry for help?

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

Is he underperforming more than Phillips? Unless there is something else going on, there is no excuse for Methot to sit.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
He scored the only goal against the Rangers, gets a mystery injury at practice and is scratched. Coach says it's precautionary, Methot wonders why then is he bag skated after practice?

I can't judge either party, because I have no idea what is really going on here.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Missed a game against a pathetic caps team after being injured. team won 2-0. shut your mouth and get ready for next one. clearly won't be a healthy scratch next game.

VERY surprised he opened his mouth about this. This is a BIG mistake something is going on here. JOB 2.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
With cowen and phillips still getting minutes this is hard to justify. Speaking as something of an expert, here.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I guess Methot will be joining JOB in murrays dungeon. That sucks being that i really liked Methot.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Just so we are all on the same page here on HFSens. The only two defensemen on the roster that have not been healthy scratched this season are Erik "I have won a Norris in my career" Karlsson and Chris "I like to turn over the puck to the other team because I spend too long making decisions to pass it to a teammate" Phillips.

source

Jul 13, 2008

An NHL player let his ego get in the way. We've seen this before folks. Even from our boy Kyle Turris.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Guys like Wiercioch and Gryba need to play. It doesn't surprise me that the team is going to err on the side of caution when any defenseman has even a hint of an issue.

For the record, I am the biggest Methot fan on these boards.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Methot under performing!?!?!?

LooooooooooooooouoooooooooooooooooLz

Compared to his performance last year - the one that had MacLean labeling him part of the top 5 veteran core? He's been scratched twice already for non on ice related issues. I guess I consider his ability and effectiveness to lead as part of his overall performance, so... yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad