StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
05d.jpg

You were both wrong, they both stink.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Post #48 IS on the 1st page. Members who use 25 posts per page settings :shakehead

Truth be told, your pic never loads, no matter how often I refresh the page :dunno:

The pic rocks, anyways, never gets boring, would post again :nod:

Weird - the hotlink appears fine in whichever browser I use. Oh well, no matter.

And now, here it is on page 3 for those who keep the default 25 post page settings:

aNqN7.jpg

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So who is shelling out the $400+ for the huge set of 27 live albums they are putting out?

I already have so many live stuff from them as it is. Although there is one thing I want to hear that I don't know if its out there. It's always bugged me that Kirk doesn't play the harmonic in the Unforgiven solo for some reason. It's what I listen for every time I hear a different version of this song live. Anyone heard a version of this song with the harmonic before?

inb4 "because he sucks and can't play it live"

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Did you hear the performance of Creeping Death the put on at the Fillmore, for their 30th anniversary concerts? OMFG! Newstead was back, and he left it all on the stage.

I love Robert and I truly think he's a better bass player than Jason, but just having him screaming Die!... I wish Robert could backvocal like that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I already have so many live stuff from them as it is. Although there is one thing I want to hear that I don't know if its out there. It's always bugged me that Kirk doesn't play the harmonic in the Unforgiven solo for some reason. It's what I listen for every time I hear a different version of this song live. Anyone heard a version of this song with the harmonic before?

Well in theory this set of live albums should have a bunch of songs many of us have never heard or not in a long time as they are from the By Request tour if I recall.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Do you mean the the few artificial harmonics (aka squealies) he does near the beginning of it? Maybe Zakk Wylde has turned Kirk off them forever.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
"only their first 4 albums were good"
yup
I hate Metallica for killing Napster

I hate the attitude Lars had towards the fans, the principle was right. But he just alienated the situation. Lars man, I think he was actually an amazing drummer for the first 4 albums, but his trashy loud ass playing was the biggest down fall of the band, ruined Death Magnetic which was otherwise a turn back where they should've been the whole time.

I do love those first 4 though;), and S&M!

But Kirk was a big inspiration for me earlier on, I was really discouraged I was starting guitar/music too late @ 15, but then read that's when he started. Fade to Black was the first song I tried to learn every note on guitar \m/

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
My top two favorite albums from them are ...And Justice For All with "Harvester of Sorrow" being my favorite song on that album and "Master of Puppets".

I got to see them once live over 20 years ago and I definitely would like to see them again.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Do you mean the the few artificial harmonics (aka squealies) he does near the beginning of it? Maybe Zakk Wylde has turned Kirk off them forever.

Are you talking about the notes here at 3:53? If so, those would have been pinch harmonics which are the ol' Zakk specialty.

FWIW if it was not known: artificials are done by feathering the string on the fret hand and plucking, and pinches are the opposite (fret the string and pluck+feather w/your pick hand)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
First two albums are among the greatest of all time
Next three are mediocre. Some good tracks, a lot of boring ones.
Everything afterwards should be ignored.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you talking about the notes here at 3:53? If so, those would have been pinch harmonics which are the ol' Zakk specialty.

FWIW if it was not known: artificials are done by feathering the string on the fret hand and plucking, and pinches are the opposite (fret the string and pluck+feather w/your pick hand)

Not exactly. Pinch harmonics(And all..) are artificial harmonics. Natural harmonics are the word you are looking for in the sense that you don't fret with your left hand, just feather.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Exactly the part I'm talking about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad