Metallica Appreciation Thread

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I have seen them live 4 or 5 times now. Still one of the best live bands IMO.

I'm not digging their newest stuff as much as their work from 1983-2000 but yeah, great band!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So who is shelling out the $400+ for the huge set of 27 live albums they are putting out?

I read this and got excited. Then after looking into it it's all live crap from 2014.

Damn. I was hoping for some previously unreleased 1983-1992 stuff. Or a CD version of the San Diego '92 gig from the "Live ****: Binge And Purge" collection.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Post #48 IS on the 1st page. Members who use 25 posts per page settings :shakehead

Truth be told, your pic never loads, no matter how often I refresh the page :dunno:

The pic rocks, anyways, never gets boring, would post again :nod:

How do you change it to 50? I can only select 25 posts per page in settings.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Heard this tour has been great so far. Buddy who is a photog did their show in Montreal a week or two ago and said it was amazing.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Saw them a couple weeks ago, right up at the gate. Much better than I remember from the Death Magnetic tour, for sure.

My 2 year old started singing Master of Puppets to me recently, making me like that song a lot again. We watch a SpongeBob video edited like they're playing MoP, and he loves it from that :laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Going to see them at the Rose Bowl tomorrow. Wish Volbeat were opening for them but whatever. Should be a blast!!!

You will not be disappointed, I've been playing my guitar every night since the Miami show on the 8th LOL

I hope you get Creeping Death...but not Spit Out The Bone LOL If I didn't get it, I don't want anyone else to either!

I'm still due for a visit to the chiropractor.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Bob Rock killed them. He killed Motley Crue and the Cult too.

Didn't seem too dead being the greatest band this planet will ever have seen when I saw em!

But I know what you're trying to say:

I've been obsessed with playing this version.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The show was awesome!!! Didn't get to see the opening acts cuz we were too busy drinking but Metallica sure can put on a spectacle. During Master Of Puppets they had some hands with strings going down as if they were connected to Lars while playing the drums. The whole experience was amazing. Well except for the $250 Uber ride home haha.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've always liked Metallica, and I think the reason why was because I started listening to them when Garage Inc. came out. Heck, I thought they were a country band when I heard Turn the Page, which sounds more country than today's mainstream radio stuff. They probably did sell out, but I still like some of the stuff they put out and their last album was probably the best album they've done since the black album. Now that We're Dead is their best song since probably Unforgiven II. Speaking of Unforgiven, those three songs were some of Metallica's best work.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I just saw them live for the first time two weeks ago at an outdoor show in Montreal when I got a chance to review their show. You simply can't pass up a free ticket to see Metallica.

What really struck me was seeing just how many families were there. There so many fathers and mothers with their sons and daughters. Lots of folks have grown up alongside legendary band and now they're introducing the younger generation. It was really awesome to see.

Metallica just looked like they were having the time of their lives playing together. They were huge cheers during the Cliff Burton tribute as well.

At the end of the show, as people were walking away, James and Kirk simply thanked the crowd for all of their support. Kirk actually mentioned that they've been playing in Montreal for over 32 years. Once I got home, I looked it up, and it's true. They first played here in January, 1985.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I read this and got excited. Then after looking into it it's all live crap from 2014.

Damn. I was hoping for some previously unreleased 1983-1992 stuff. Or a CD version of the San Diego '92 gig from the "Live ****: Binge And Purge" collection.

The Mexico City show is on iTunes and it owns.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Probably the best live version of "Sanitarium" ever IMO.

While this is the Metallica I came into, I beg to differ :)

This whole concert...THIS^^^ is THE greatest ****ing band in the history of the ****ing goddamn world.

Between this and them on the Ozzy tour with Cliff...I'd go to either before any other ever.

Most of the time I;d come home, patch the tv into the stereo blast that **** and throw myself into furniture and walls LOL

Another fun activity after all went to sleep was putting on the bootleg of Cliff's last show and pressing the headphones to my ears so I could feel being there.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Didn't seem too dead being the greatest band this planet will ever have seen when I saw em!

But I know what you're trying to say:

I've been obsessed with playing this version.

It's funny, I view Hardwired (the album) to be if someone was trying to cover And Justice For All. Like, it definitely sounds like Metallica, but it's not QUITE up to that level.

And then we get this. This nails it for sure :laugh:

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Seeing Metallica live a few years ago was amazing. It's great that they sell the audio of their shows too so you can re-live the experience constantly.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
While this is the Metallica I came into, I beg to differ :)

This whole concert...THIS^^^ is THE greatest ****ing band in the history of the ****ing goddamn world.

Between this and them on the Ozzy tour with Cliff...I'd go to either before any other ever.

Most of the time I;d come home, patch the tv into the stereo blast that **** and throw myself into furniture and walls LOL

Another fun activity after all went to sleep was putting on the bootleg of Cliff's last show and pressing the headphones to my ears so I could feel being there.

I got into late 80's Metallica first too. But a lot of people overrate the Seattle '89 show IMO. It's still great though. And yeah the bootleg of Cliff's last show should be heard by all Metallica fans or just metal fans in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad