Metallica Appreciation Thread

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In before moved to the entertainment board. BTW I love the band been to a number of concerts over the years and was at the 1992 riot at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal which was crazy.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I still have the ticket stub from that concert at home! Faith No More played first for about 45 minutes. Metallica was next, on time and professional as usual. 45 minutes in James gets burned by a pyro going off at the wrong time or something like that. He is rushed off to the hospital and we wait for well over an hour for Guns n Roses to play. After about 40 minutes or so Axl decides he had enough and tells the crowd off and leaves which started the riot. People paid big money at the time to see this show and got very little for their money.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I still have the ticket stub from that concert at home! Faith No More played first for about 45 minutes. Metallica was next, on time and professional as usual. 45 minutes in James gets burned by a pyro going off at the wrong time or something like that. He is rushed off to the hospital and we wait for well over an hour for Guns n Roses to play. After about 40 minutes or so Axl decides he had enough and tells the crowd off and leaves which started the riot. People paid big money at the time to see this show and got very little for their money.

Must have sucked at the time, but looking back, you can always say you were there for this moment. Pretty awesome!!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Must have sucked at the time, but looking back, you can always say you were there for this moment. Pretty awesome!!!

Indeed and while there was no refund, Metallica made a move that will guarantee that I would be a fan for life. One James was healed up they came back for two concerts at the Forum and anybody who had a ticket stub from the riot concert got a big discount.

Guns n Roses did nothing and to this day Axl remains an arse.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Indeed and while there was no refund, Metallica made a move that will guarantee that I would be a fan for life. One James was healed up they came back for two concerts at the Forum and anybody who had a ticket stub from the riot concert got a big discount.

Guns n Roses did nothing and to this day Axl remains an arse.

tumblr_lsnjd8MXVB1qeablwo1_500.jpg

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
WTF!!!! This thread gets moved to the entertainment board but the freakin Lights thread stays!!! I'm out raged I tells ya, outraged!!! Well I guess it makes sense because Metallica is actual entertainment, haha sorry I had too.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
metallica_lyrics.jpg

1219687279176.jpg

Huge metal fan here. Black Album was great, Load was the best, and St. Anger was their "Master of Puppets" album (whatever that simile means)

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Reactions: Number34

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
They are a great band, awesome thrash material they put out in the 80s.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
their first 4 albums were incredible. legendary stuff. the Black album was decent, tho there was an obvious change ...after that it was a lot of 'meh' ...some okay stuff here and there, but nothing special.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Used to love Metallica, still do but maybe not as much. I was furious when St. Anger came out but still bought tickets for the local show. They knew what was up. Only played two songs from SA, one or two from Load/Re-Load and the rest was Black and earlier. It was a bad ass show

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Used to love Metallica, still do but maybe not as much. I was furious when St. Anger came out but still bought tickets for the local show. They knew what was up. Only played two songs from SA, one or two from Load/Re-Load and the rest was Black and earlier. It was a bad ass show

They're still my favorite band, but ya I didn't care for St Anger at all. I was at the show where they played Dyers Eve for the first time. I'll never forget that day. I was just out of high school and didn't have a car and took the bus to the concert and hitched a ride back home from some fans from the concert. Had to walk to the guys house first (show was at the LA Forum) and then he gave me a ride to my house about 25 miles away. Lost my voice but had a hell of a time.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Death Magnetic is still a pretty good hard rock album. Wayyyyy better than everything after Black Album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->