Post-Game Talk: Merry Christmas

Aug 6, 2012
Guys, there's nothing wrong, don't be disappointed by a mediocre team and you shouldn't get your frustrations out on a message board used for just that. /s

This team stinks.

Honestly I think you can classify the majority of teams in the league as mediocre nowadays. There are every few teams which stand out from the pack.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Was at the game. Howard on the first goal and Kindl on the last goal had terrible plays. I thought Kindl played very aggressive and physically engaged the entire 3rd period though. Smith was ok.

What is the deal with the ice at JLA? Never seen so many bouncing pucks on simple passes before. Team needs to pump up the AC it was so warm inside you could have worn a t-shirt and not been cold. Absolutely atrocious ice conditions.

GrafSk8r12

Jul 4, 2011
Watching Smith and Kindl live is even more infuriating than on TV. The fire and intensity they played with in the second completely disappeared until the Sheahan goal. First Star goes to the free t-shirt I got.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I can't decide which goal was worse, Howard's first goal or Mrazek's half-witted attempt at playing the puck when he should have froze it. Loss goes on Mrazek's L column.

Wings always lose to the garbage teams

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I really think we need to get rid of either Nyquist or Tatar. They're too similar. Especially if their coach continues to play them on the same line. Watching them lose board battle after board battle, getting blown off the puck, not able to create their own space... Trade one of them away for some muscle.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I really think we need to get rid of either Nyquist or Tatar. They're too similar. Especially if their coach continues to play them on the same line. Watching them lose board battle after board battle, getting blown off the puck, not able to create their own space... Trade one of them away for some muscle.

They need to be split up. I hate them on the same line.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
I can't decide which goal was worse, Howard's first goal or Mrazek's half-witted attempt at playing the puck when he should have froze it. Loss goes on Mrazek's L column.

Attempt at playing the puck? Mrazek played it just fine. He just played it to a guy that constantly panics with the puck and threw it into the middle of the ice.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

It is the sign of a mediocre team. Good teams crush bad teams 7/10x. We lose to bad teams 5/10x. We are mediocre, not good.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Honestly I think you can classify the majority of teams in the league as mediocre nowadays. There are every few teams which stand out from the pack.

Pretty much this, or maybe it'd be nicer to say more teams are good now than there were in the past. With the salary floor has come a raising of the quality floor, too.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
There certainly are more mediocre teams nowadays, but the 2-4 elite teams during any given year will end up determining who wins the cup, while the middle of the pack teams continue to hope they will get "lucky" one year. That of course will never happen. It's a good marketing gimmick for casual fans, but parity doesn't mean mediocre teams win the cup.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The salary cap only got rid of 1 or 2 superstars from one team (and not every team either). and boom. Almost any team can enter the playoffs. Thats pretty ridiculous

Hopefully the league expands to 32 teams, that way the more talent can spread. Nhl probably gets more money. and you probably get 1/2 more "elite" teams or they jump bump up to Alright, To Very good that can win the cup 1 every 5 or 2 in 10 years

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
The salary cap only got rid of 1 or 2 superstars from one team (and not every team either). and boom. Almost any team can enter the playoffs. Thats pretty ridiculous

Hopefully the league expands to 32 teams, that way the more talent can spread. Nhl probably gets more money. and you probably get 1/2 more "elite" teams or they jump bump up to Alright, To Very good that can win the cup 1 every 5 or 2 in 10 years

How come some teams have struggled to make the post season if it's so easy? :laugh::laugh:

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Howard gave up 3 goals on 6 shots. Blashill can't seem to adjust when the team struggles so far. Pretty straight forward.

Except it's a little more complicated than "hey the puck got past the goalie, therefore the goalie sucks and it's the coach's fault for not making them win as much as I personally find acceptable!"

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Except it's a little more complicated than "hey the puck got past the goalie, therefore the goalie sucks and it's the coach's fault for not making them win as much as I personally find acceptable!"

No, it's really not.

3 on 6 is bad. Pretty straight forward.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
How come some teams have struggled to make the post season if it's so easy? :laugh::laugh:

like who? Theres still going to be the garbage teams. There always had and always will be in sports. The people stuck in mediocrity land aren't that worse then the #8 team in the playoffs. My point is almost anyone can make the playoffs

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

You can knitpick the problems on the goals, "Kindl let his man go, so therefore it is not the goalies fault" but the goalies job is to stop the puck no matter what happens and no matter where it is.

Thats the #1 rule of being a goalie.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah, it is. Putting the blame on just one person, because the stats tell you so, is even worse.

I never put the blame on one person :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Howard was bad this game, the stats prove it and the eye test proves it, pretty straight forward.

like who? Theres still going to be the garbage teams. There always had and always will be in sports. The people stuck in mediocrity land aren't that worse then the #8 team in the playoffs. My point is almost anyone can make the playoffs

Ok, I'll list struggling teams the last little while, since you think it's so easy:

Toronto, Carolina, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Florida, Philly, Columbus, and Buffalo. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
You can knitpick the problems on the goals, "Kindl let his man go, so therefore it is not the goalies fault" but the goalies job is to stop the puck no matter what happens and no matter where it is.

Thats the #1 rule of being a goalie.

Really? No matter the situation, the goalie is always somewhat responsible? Did you just type that with a straight face?
The #1 goalie rule is to always be in a good position to stop the puck. Therefore, things such as great deflections, screens, snipes and empty net tap-ins aren't usually looked at as "soft" goals by anyone with basic hockey knowledge.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
1. First goal is a weird bounce that comes off the back boards and zips straight out toward goal. The goalie's expecting that to go around the boards. The puck is moving pretty fast, so his first instinct is to hug the post. Could he have caught that with his glove or stopped with his stick? Maybe. Chances are it still deflects to an incoming Palmieri and ends up in the back of the net. The key play here, however, is we have 3 people back. Two of them stop skating completely, letting one Devil just jump in between them and get a breakaway rebound. All Howard's fault, right?

"I know how the boards are here, and I thought their guys were flat-footed and I could beat them (to the net)" Palmieri said.

Nevertheless, that's twice in the last couple of games that teams have scored by deliberately firing it into our end boards and getting the rebound.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Really? No matter the situation, the goalie is always somewhat responsible? Did you just type that with a straight face?
The #1 goalie rule is to always be in a good position to stop the puck. Therefore, things such as great deflections, screens, snipes and empty net tap-ins aren't usually looked at as "soft" goals by anyone with basic hockey knowledge.

Some people give goalies a pass when they let in shots. Just think how a top goalie would transform this team. Maybe you don't think it would matter because Howard is basically Lunquist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad