Post-Game Talk: Merry Christmas

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
When you go down 3-0, allowing 3 goals on 6 shots, it is impossible to win.

Howard gets 95% of the blame, Kindl the other 5%.

Nyquist & Tatar need to pick it up. I'm starting to think they have peaked as 2nd line, inconsistent scorers (which is fine, but I would have preferred at least one of the two to be more than this).

Management needs to find a way to get Kindl off this team. Also, Mrazek needs to get 75% of the starts, if not more. Howard is just not good enough.

HadVokounOnFortSt

Nov 30, 2015
Cloudy Town, Minn
Curious a little off topic but why lock the GDT right after the game is over? Why not just leave it open instead of making another topic..

On topic, Kindl and Howard were awful. When will Kindl just leave?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bruins lose. Lightning lose. Habs are about to lose. But we get four against such a offensively harmless team and lose in regulation. :shakehead
Merry christmas indeed.

Florida wins, Ottawa gets 1 point.

Florida has just passed us in the standings....

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So I'm guessing ouellet didn't play today? Hey holland guess who you called up ;)

What will be Howard's excuse for letting in 3 of 6?

Murray Christmas everyone :). Or happy holidays

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
So I'm guessing ouellet didn't play today? Hey holland guess who you called up ;)

What will be Howard's excuse for letting in 3 of 6?

Murray Christmas everyone :). Or happy holidays

I blame Howard for 2 of them, but one was definitely on the defense. This team is suffering from an extreme lack of talent on the back end and it's starting to show. Couple this with the fact that Howard after a goal is as about as stable as a bag of rats in a burning meth lab, it got bad.

perry akavak

Dec 8, 2014
Kimmirut, Nunavut
Urgg This team cant play a full 60 minute game! they dont seem to care at all as long as they play in the 3rd period, I think its time to trade players that actually want to play and win! :help: is Blashill afraid to punish them? Cmon boys getting tired of these games

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I hadn't realized just how home heavy this first 40% of the season was. Yikes. With that in mind, the Wings could easily miss the playoffs if they don't dramatically improve.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Guys, there's nothing wrong, don't be disappointed by a mediocre team and you shouldn't get your frustrations out on a message board used for just that. /s

This team stinks.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Bit OT but man I wish the Wings would have promoted Holland to not being a GM and got Nill in the hot seat. Not that this is all on Holland but I think the team needs a fresh look all around.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Bit OT but man I wish the Wings would have promoted Holland to not being a GM and got Nill in the hot seat. Not that this is all on Holland but I think the team needs a fresh look all around.

Because Nil would have traded for Seguin and Klingberg, right?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
People complain a lot about Kindl, but this team carried Lebda as a #6 during their best three seasons between 07 and 09. A 6th D-man doesn't make or break a team, and as bad as Kindl is, he's no Lebda. The problem with this team is that Kronwall is their best D-man. And it just goes down hill from there.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

I agree.

Same story this year as the last 5/6 years. The team is not good. They aren't terrible either, but this is not a good team. We should be on our way to another wildcard finish, and another 1st round loss. At least when we lose in round 1 this year, we will somewhat be used to this. We lose in round 1 every year.

I'm starting to think that I would prefer a rebuild, than this garbage year after year. I honestly don't think we can become a powerhouse again with our current formula. I am sick of being a middle of the pack team that loses in round 1. I would prefer a bit of a rebuild, maybe struggle for a couple years, and then find our way back to contending status. Being an "average" team is not and should not be good enough.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I am also annoyed at the refs. New Jersey literally tacking people and they give Kronwall a penalty?

Aug 6, 2012
People complain a lot about Kindl, but this team carried Lebda as a #6 during their best three seasons between 07 and 09. A 6th D-man doesn't make or break a team, and as bad as Kindl is, he's no Lebda. The problem with this team is that Kronwall is their best D-man. And it just goes down hill from there.

This team doesn't have the luxury of the best top-four in the league, including one of the greatest defenseman of all time. We need all the talent we can get on the back end, from our number one to number six. We don't have time for this reclamation ****, we need quality and we need it now. Jakub Kindl is an embarrassment to this franchise and needs to go play in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad