Dreger: Members of Leafs management attended the Canes/Flames game last night. Scouting defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Funny how bad Dubas did with the Nylander contract. Such great trades would be available if he was being paid a reasonable price.

Kadri, Nylander+ for Pesce and Faulk.

Leafs looking like a serious cup contender with those 2 dmen added.
A. Take a looks at Nylander's contract after July 1st.

B. No way the Leafs make that trade....

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
So a better younger version of Hainsey with some throw ins... is worth Nylander, and Kadri... right.

Yes a bad word these days makes people junior high school level(note the sarcasm). I bet you have never swore in your life. Very righteous of you. Thank you for your insightful post.

The guy was also very condescending which I wasn't with my very first post. If someone wants to be like that... yes you're right... I am not okay with it.

If you don't like how I defend myself, or agree with it, then put me on your block list. Quite alright with me.

If you don't like how Canes fans value Pesce, then put them on your block list.

Could do this crap all day, but you generalized first, in addition to flagrantly mischaracterizing the argument.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Keep him then.

Pesce is in the ilk of ****ing Scott Stevens as a shut down defender apparently. . Seeing what Canes fans want is insane.

If this is how actual negoations were going... no wonder why there hasn't been a trade yet.

There won't be with over valuing like that.

That as a base.... lol... c'mon.

Would you do Lucas Wallmark, Trevor Van Reimsdyk and Buffalos 2019 2nd for Nazem Kadri?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Leaf fans find a hockey trade that improves both teams on the ice and you have a deal.

(Mod, not adding to the conversation)

Last edited by a moderator:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
If this is an honest question...the answer is no. If this is a rhetorical question as a retort in a pissing match....then never mind.

It's rhetorical. Kk + aj + 21st at best overall is not a compelling package for brett pesce.

Btw after much bickering a bunch if fans on both sides were acquiescent to intransigent nylander for pesce + (the + being more symbolic than actual value).

supercilious

Jan 14, 2012
Canes don't care about Johnson or any other scrub bottom 6er on the leaves. They don't want futures either. They also don't want a single Dman on leaves or in their system.

Leaves fans on HF claimed the best offense in the league before adding Tavares. you can part with a forward who actually has talent to fix your D.

Leaves fans find a hockey trade that improves both teams on the ice and you have a deal.

all I read here is blah blah blah blah

The leafs have allowed 9 less goals than the Canes, 7th least in the league. The defence doesnt need to be fixed, it needs to be augmented.

They arent going to trade one of their best forwards to do it.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It's rhetorical. Kk + aj + 21st at best overall is not a compelling package for brett pesce.

Btw after much bickering a bunch if fans on both sides were acquiescent to intransigent nylander for pesce + (the + being more symbolic than actual value).
Thats more than I would offer, Johansson+Bracco+1st is my all in offer. obv its not enough for Pesce, I am fine with that.
Now what forwards from other teams are Canes fans interested in?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Pesce had more nhl games than kapanen and johnson combined.

Because reasons. There are leaf fans who say their defense is great because they have allowed the 7th least goals (don't mention Fredrick andersson and his vezina caliber goaltending, that's irrelevant), but then want to upgrade their defense for their scraps. Lol

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Thats more than I would offer, Johansson+Bracco+1st is my all in offer. obv its not enough for Pesce, I am fine with that.

Well if we're trading Pesce then we want someone of similar age and years of control. Salary doesn't have to line up exactly but Pesce makes 4 mil per year so we would want the incoming forward to be on a pretty good contract as well. Someone like Rakell, Arvidsson, Drouin, Ehlers etc. Kadri would have been a good comparable also.

If it's Faulk there has been talk about Saad from CHI, AA from Detroit, Johnson or Miller from TB. He could be had for futures as well though. Same with TVR.

For Dougie he has two years left after this year so his value is harder to gauge. Since the calendar turned to 2019 he's been playing great and the Canes gave up a lot for him. He's not truly being shopped, like Pesce unless someone gives an offer we can't turn down, but again a young, legit top 6 C or wing with a couple years of term.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

J.T. Miller via trade for futures in the off-season. 2nd tier UFAs like Brassard, E. Staal, Dzingel, Nyquist, etc. in July. There are alternatives to the hockey trade route.

The reason why Leafs media keeps going on about Carolina is the comparatively limited number of options for Toronto. A RHD solution will likely have to come via trade and there are just a small number of teams with a quality RHD available, perhaps as small as one. This isn't going to stop.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
You framed the argument the kk + aj is overpayment because Pesce "hasn't done much in the nhl yet". Yet he's easily done more than those two. Your argument doesn't hold.

LOL. He played a bunch of games, and did very little in all of them.

Whoop-D-Do.

We're not giving up all that potential for a fairly mediocre player.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Well if we're trading Pesce then we want someone of similar age and years of control. Salary doesn't have to line up exactly but Pesce makes 4 mil per year so we would want the incoming forward to be on a pretty good contract as well. Someone like Rakell, Arvidsson, Drouin, Ehlers etc. Kadri would have been a good comparable also.

If it's Faulk there has been talk about Saad from CHI, AA from Detroit, Johnson or Miller from TB. He could be had for futures as well though. Same with TVR.

For Dougie he has two years left after this year so his value is harder to gauge. Since the calendar turned to 2019 he's been playing great and the Canes gave up a lot for him. He's not truly being shopped, like Pesce unless someone gives an offer we can't turn down, but again a young, legit top 6 C or wing with a couple years of term.
J.T. Miller via trade for futures in the off-season. 2nd tier UFAs like Brassard, E. Staal, Dzingel, Nyquist, etc. in July. There are alternatives to the hockey trade route.

The reason why Leafs media keeps going on about Carolina is the comparatively limited number of options for Toronto. A RHD solution will likely have to come via trade and there are just a small number of teams with a quality RHD available, perhaps as small as one. This isn't going to stop.
I also think you guys can put together a strong futures pkg for fwd help.
At the end of the day the Leafs trade 3rd+prospect for TVR/Gudas and the Canes use futures to get a fwd from a rebuilding club.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Funny how non-Canes fan keep making proposal after proposal for a "mediocre" player. If Pesce, a guy who without a doubt would man the Leaf's top pairing, is considered "mediocre," what exactly does that say about the rest of your d-corps?
It’s the classic hf doublethink.

“Your player is really good and I want him on my team but he actually sucks and I won’t offer anything of value for him”

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Funny how non-Canes fan keep making proposal after proposal for a "mediocre" player. If Pesce, a guy who without a doubt would man the Leaf's top pairing, is considered "mediocre," what exactly does that say about the rest of your d-corps?

LMAO. Now he's a "top pairing player"????

You people are TOO FUNNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad