Dreger: Members of Leafs management attended the Canes/Flames game last night. Scouting defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto wants D. Carolina has D.

Carolina wants goals. Toronto has goals.

The rumours are going to persist well into the offseason I'd imagine.

(assuming something doesn't get done)

With dubas saying the guys have worked hard and deserve a boost I imagine there will be a trade for a D..I think itll be Pieterangelo, Parakyo, Hamilton and lesser Gudas.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
LeBrun reported yesterday that after the Nino Niederreiter trade Waddell began receiving lots of calls. "It’s as if other teams who were staying in touch with Carolina realized it was time to get more serious about those conversations." - LeBrun. I'd imagine Dubas and the Leafs fall into this category.

Canes season is effectively over. The process for building a team that will break a decade-long Playoff drought next year starts now. The prices are already well known as 1) a 1st + prospect for Ferland and 2) a top-6 scorer (or "sniper" as Dundon puts it) for one of their RHD.

Use Nino for Rask as a template. Canes want to upgrade in asset and/or team fit in a quality-for-quality hockey deal. Centers are their greatest need.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Use Nino for Rask as a template. Canes want to upgrade in asset and/or team fit in a quality-for-quality hockey deal. Centers are their greatest need.

I wonder if Kadri for Hamilton or Pesce would be doable. I'm not sure how much Kadri would be an upgrade on what they have already, but it does match the idea of a RD for a top-6 goal scorer. Kadri did have 32 goals in each of the last 2 years. To me, that seems more reasonable than trying to figure out how to make Nylander or Kapanen for Hamilton or Pesce work.

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I wonder if Kadri for Hamilton would be doable. I'm not sure how much Kadri would be an upgrade on what they have already, but it does match the idea of a RD for a top-6 goal scorer. Kadri did have 32 goals in each of the last 2 years.
Pass on Hamilton.

Reactions: thunder16

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I could see Carolina having significant interest in Kadri, especially considering the centre group they iced against Calgary:

Aho
Wallmark
Martinook
McKegg

Pesce/Hamilton would be realistic asks, similar to the Henrique-Vatanen trade a year ago.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I wonder if Kadri for Hamilton would be doable. I'm not sure how much Kadri would be an upgrade on what they have already, but it does match the idea of a RD for a top-6 goal scorer. Kadri did have 32 goals in each of the last 2 years.

It's the closest thing to making sense from a team need and value standpoint.

I'd be shocked if Carolina wasn't on Kadri's 10-team NTC list. He'd have to be pretty upset with his role in Toronto to agree to waive for Carolina.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It's the closest thing to making sense from a team need and value standpoint.

I'd be shocked if Carolina wasn't on Kadri's 10-team NTC list. He'd have to be pretty upset with his role in Toronto to agree to waive for Carolina.
Not sure upset is the word, but he may want to move to a team on which he has a greater role.

Oh, and no interest in Hamilton.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I could see Carolina having significant interest in Kadri, especially considering the centre group they iced against Calgary:

Aho
Wallmark
Martinook
McKegg

Pesce/Hamilton would be realistic asks, similar to the Henrique-Vatanen trade a year ago.

Staal is hurt and one of the better center prospects in the game, Necas, is in the system. It's pretty dire in the short-term, but less so in the mid to long-term.

Kadri would be a nice bridge to Necas, though.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With the way things are going...

I'd probably want Kap over Nylander. Better overall player and isn't making 7 mil.
I agree here. I don't think you can pay Nylander 7M and have the recently signed Teravainen making 5.4M, 1.6M less coming off a 64 pts season and now on a 67 point pace, 40 pts in 49 games. It could create dissension amongst players on the team.

The Nylander to Canes ship has sailed with that contract. Would be surprised Waddell would take that on with his recent TT team friendly contract just inked.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I think Kadri would be the best forward to trade to the Canes on both sides. Contract is great and he can produce in an offensive role no problem.

Would prefer Pesce, Faulk etc vs Hamilton though.

1st rounder is also available in my opinion.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Well it appears Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, and Kapanen are not going anywhere. Doubt Kadri will either.

That leaves what, Johnsson as our only NHL forward with value left? Doubt that we have enough to get a significant piece, and we'd have to settle for Faulk/TVR unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad