News Article: Melnyk: 'not selling the team — period'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
That is... not a train.

Well, depending on how much fibre is in the diet...err...fuel...it could maybe be a train?

I feel like I have another infraction warning heading my way... But it's worth it! For the trains! Anything for the trains!

wait, that's not the topic.

For the sale of the team! Anything for the sale of the team!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That is... not a train.
This is exactly the kind of post that got us into trouble last time... Stick to the topic of Melnyk selling/not selling with liberal use of Train related puns when warranted.

I don't want to be conducting or engineering this thread anymore than I have to. (ok that one wasn't very good... help me out here guys)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is exactly the kind of post that got us into trouble last time... Stick to the topic of Melnyk selling/not selling with liberal use of Train related puns when warranted.

I don't want to be conducting or engineering this thread anymore than I have to. (ok that one wasn't very good... help me out here guys)

You let off a little steam there mate!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Apparently the season ticket base is between 5500-6000. That is BRUTAL.

What a gong show Melnyck has turned this into. His only real saving grace was he inherited a Cup worthy team. If he took over Ottawa without a ton of star assets this would of gone horribly wrong much faster.

I don't see how any one person can be blamed for all of the negative issues surrounding the Senators today.

To blame the Owner for the alleged unacceptable behaviour of the AGM or one of the Wives of a player is ridiculous.

To blame the owner for a trade, or a signing made by the GM is also a stretch. Both the owner and the GM have stated that the GM makes 100% of the hockey decisions.

There are a number of things we can lay at the feet of the owner, for him to take the blame for........ but everything, I don't agree with that at all.

As far as the STH base, I do not know that the Senators have ever published what that number is ... but that seems to the accepted guesstimate.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't see how any one person can be blamed for all of the negative issues surrounding the Senators today.

To blame the Owner for the alleged unacceptable behaviour of the AGM or one of the Wives of a player is ridiculous.

To blame the owner for a trade, or a signing made by the GM is also a stretch. Both the owner and the GM have stated that the GM makes 100% of the hockey decisions.

There are a number of things we can lay at the feet of the owner, for him to take the blame for........ but everything, I don't agree with that at all.

As far as the STH base, I do not know that the Senators have ever published what that number is ... but that seems to the accepted guesstimate.

To be fair no one believes Dorion to be 100% in control of anything and it is widely accepted that the owner is into everyones business in the org and just lies to the fans.

People also think the conduct of the owner is below acceptable and has bled into his team which has led to Randy Lee's situation.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Apparently the season ticket base is between 5500-6000. That is BRUTAL.

What a gong show Melnyck has turned this into. His only real saving grace was he inherited a Cup worthy team. If he took over Ottawa without a ton of star assets this would of gone horribly wrong much faster.
Crappy attendence might be the only way Melnyk is persuaded to sell, I'm afraid.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I agree with this somewhat.

The Randy Lee incident is 100% on Randy. I'm assuming he was drunk and did it, and nothing could have controlled him except himself in that moment. Can't blame Melnyk.

However, Dorion's moves have been impacted by Melnyk. Just because they both denied it, which is what the owner would do and the GM who gets paid by the owner would do, doesn't mean a thing. It's very clear Melnyk has his hands all over this roster.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I agree with this somewhat.

The Randy Lee incident is 100% on Randy. I'm assuming he was drunk and did it, and nothing could have controlled him except himself in that moment. Can't blame Melnyk.

However, Dorion's moves have been impacted by Melnyk. Just because they both denied it, which is what the owner would do and the GM who gets paid by the owner would do, doesn't mean a thing. It's very clear Melnyk has his hands all over this roster.
Ya its pretty clear Dorion is so restricted financially that he's had to try to get creative to offer Melnyk a team that looked like it could compete, the problem with that is that we've bled assets because of it.

Reactions: BigRig4

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Melnyk has stated time and time again that he wants nothing more than to see the Sens win a Cup. If he actually wanted this, he'd sell the team. If all he really cared about was his wallet and the bottom dollar (which I highly suspect), he'll pack up and relocate. I picture myself, or any true Sens fan, in Melnyk's shoes, being considered public enemy #1 and owning an absolutely tanking franchise. Regardless of the hatred and animosity thrown my way, i'd never in a million years spite the only team i've ever, and will ever cheer for by packing up and leaving the city. Someone that loves the team as much as we do, would rather see it in new hands than in a new city.

Reactions: OmniSens

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I’m so jaded at this point with melnyk....what happens if there is something about the EK/Hoff fiasco or the Randy Lee one has another shoe to drop? I have a feeling it’s coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad