News Article: Melnyk: 'not selling the team — period'

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not to mention we could have a Melnyk running this team for decades to come. :help:

He reminds me more & more of the Gliebermans.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
His quote about him wishing the fans would stop criticizing the team and focus on the outdoor game instead, which he lobbied so hard for, just really tops the cake.

Euge, we're one of the worst teams in the league. If you think we should just ignore all of that and focus on the one good thing, you're even more of a clown than I thought. Fans want a good product on the ice, period.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

And I post this as someone who really appreciates George HW Bush's presidency and his fiscal responsibility.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-7.jpg

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Not to mention we could have a Melnyk running this team for decades to come. :help:

He reminds me more & more of the Gliebermans.

At least Cuddles and co. were entertaining....and mostly harmless. The Riders and so on suffered for it, sadly, but I'd rather the Gliebermans over MElnyk.
I mean...there were around 12,000 there tonight at best. It'll be sold out for the Saturday thing but Eugene would be better off being less of a freaking loudmouth and building bridges with the fanbase.
He does not have it in him though, so we will see what develops with the Karlsson situation. If Karlsson leaves, it is entirely Eugene Melnyk's fault.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Some people use their money and influence to help charities and spend time with local youth, like the Turris family. Eugene used his to post an ad in the paper to jump the line on a liver transplant.

I’m not sure how insulated Melnyk is from the fans and their feedback, but even he must know how loathed he is in the city recently. Sell the team!

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I wager he is probably trying to get as much public money as possible for his arena screwing taxpayers, even though he said when he bid that he didn't need it. When that ploy doesn't work, (unless your mayor and council are idiots), he'll have an even bigger blow-up and threaten to move the team etc etc...

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Can't he seek a partner or a minority owner at the very least? It would make his supposed dream of seeing a Cup in Ottawa more likely.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
There’s a desperate stage people in crisis get to where they feel people don’t see them for who they are
And they feel the only solution to see how great they are is to change their minds by reminding them of how great they are and trying to see it how they see it (or like how people who like them, like their kids, see them) - Melnyck is in this crisis stage.

Melnyc seems to hate running the Senators and the only reason he’s hanging onto them is because he wants to change the fans feelings that we largely don’t like him by telling us all the good he’s done.

Personally Eugene, I have seriously dislike for you. I think as an owner you’re petty, obnoxious, egotistical and a horrible leader.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Fans will need to “starve” him out. Only option then is to move the team. Not sure league will allow that.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
He only really cares about self preservation and getting his name on the Cup. He would rather the team go to hell than sell. Listening to him just reminds me why I think this guy is such an asshead. 'Fans should be excited to pay more than face value to sit in the cold and spend money on my team. They shouldn't be focused on the quality of hockey that's being played..'. He's borrowed money and when he can't pay it back he's effed. I hate this guy. Moron & Dorion Inc..

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sounds like the damage control the typical GM uses "we give our head coach a vote of confidence" and a week later the coach is kicked to the curb.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Fine! You're not selling the team. But can you please, I implore you, just SHUT YOUR MOUTH and SIGN THE PAY CHEQUES???? PLEASE!!!!!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
He either was gonna deny it to the max or announce the team was sold, those were the two options, not surprised by anything he stated really other than the debt refinancing show he referred to which was odd to reveal and a strange way to put it.

Reactions: Silencio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad