News Article: Melnyk made the Front Page today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
IMO a career politician, who has never ran a business in the private sector, has no business advising a business owner in the private sector, how to run his or hers' business.

Well, I don't think she was as much advising him how to run a business as she was calling him an a**hole that nobody likes. It's unbecoming of a public servant to do it, sure, but hey, if you act like an a**hole, people will get drunk and call you on it.

If this upsets Melnyk AND gets MacLeod demoted, that's a win for the people of Ontario.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you were hoping to gather some support for the old grouchy owner by creating this thread, I think you have failed.

No, why would I want to "gather support" for someone I don't support?

I read the papers this morning, and fully expected to see a thread here, by the time I checked in.

There was not, so I posted the links to the stories.

Nothing more nothing less.

FYI, from what I've read (so far) on social media, like facebook, the comments are going about 90% against the MPP, and 10% against the Senators owner.

Last edited:

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
No, why would I want to "gather support" for someone I don't support?

I read the papers this morning, and fully expected to see a thread here, by the time I checked in.

There was not, so I posted the links to the stories.

Nothing more nothing less.

FYI, from what I've read (so far) on social media, like facebook, the comments are going about 90% against the MPP, and 10% against the Senators owner.

I support Lisa MacLeod on this Melnyk issue, but nothing else politically.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I know exactly NOTHING about her other than this story (haven't even heard her name before), but for today she is my hero. She may kick field goals with puppies for fun in her spare time but today she is the best.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Lisa makes Melnyk look like a saint. She is a grade-A piece of ****. She's the last person who should be calling anyone out like this. This woman single handedly destroyed children services, especially Autism, here in Ontario. I hope she rots in hell.

I think it could beba match made in heaven between tge
If you were hoping to gather some support for the old grouchy owner by creating this thread, I think you have failed.

Lisa needs to hire some temp bots for the next couple of days to counter the always feisty Melnyk bots.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
She is the Minister of Sport for Ontario. She has no business publicly insulting Melnyk. Even worse she does it after announcing she is the minister. Of course she was probably drunk.

She needs to resign. Then she will be free to say whatever she wants to Melnyk. Of course she doesn't have the integrity or the courage to do that. She is just engaging in bullying.

Reactions: slamigo

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
She is the Minister of Sport for Ontario. She has no business publicly insulting Melnyk. Even worse she does it after announcing she is the minister. Of course she was probably drunk.

She needs to resign. Then she will be free to say whatever she wants to Melnyk. Of course she doesn't have the integrity or the courage to do that. She is just engaging in bullying.

I would rather have Melnyk resign to be honest. She spoke for her constituents.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
As a hardcore liberal supporter/volunteer , lisa just earned some respect from me. Those words are nothing compared to what I would say to melnyk in public

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

We also know that the Ottawa Sun story is very much exaggerated. The story lost all credibility when he was quoted saying that he was busy taking selfies with Sens fans, we all know that there are no Sens fans who want to be photographed with Melnyk.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
We also know that the Ottawa Sun story is very much exaggerated. The story lost all credibility when he was quoted saying that he was busy taking selfies with Sens fans, we all know that there are no Sens fans who want to be photographed with Melnyk.

I dunno man those pictures might be worth something when Euge invariably goes off the deep end.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not sure who you follow, but the social media I follow are basically saying that they are both dummies and that Melnyk going public with this is the bigger joke.

People hate the MPP for sure, but for some reason, the bozo who ran to the media in tears is the one taking the brunt of the heat.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Eh, it’s a non story to me. Two belligerent (I know nothing personally of the MPP living/working in NFLD/Maritimes, going off the sentiment in here) people acting inappropriately. Not much else, not a big deal.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa

If there is someone that needs to be bullied more, its Melnyk. Guy can't even face his own fans. Guy pays off the media to act as mouthpiece for his propaganda. Guy abused his position as a public figure to jump in front of people waiting for operations. Melnyk is a terrorist.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The MacLeod-Melnyk argument:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Doesn’t matter how you feel about Melnyk, she disgraced herself and her role in government. She pointedly used her office and her position as Minister to berate and insult someone. If Melnyk’s version is accurate then it sounds like she was probably drunk. Just a shameful display for a politician. She should resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad