News Article: Melnyk made the Front Page today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
“Before the surgery, I was informed that my donor had told the surgeon to send me one (remarkably Canadian) message: ‘I’d like to remain anonymous, but please tell Eugene I want him to bring a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.’,” Melnyk said. “To whoever saved my life, I just want you know that your kindness has touched me in a way that I feel I can never repay.
“But I’m working on it.”

Are you working on it, Eugene?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
“Before the surgery, I was informed that my donor had told the surgeon to send me one (remarkably Canadian) message: ‘I’d like to remain anonymous, but please tell Eugene I want him to bring a Stanley Cup to Ottawa.’,” Melnyk said. “To whoever saved my life, I just want you know that your kindness has touched me in a way that I feel I can never repay.
“But I’m working on it.”

Whatever. That was years ago. ;)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Eugene Melnyk says that Ontario Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport Lisa MacLeod came up to him at a Rolling Stones concert and didn’t mince words.

“I am your minister and you’re a ****ing piece of **** and you’re a ****ing loser.

Two people who cannot seem to exercise their brains before their mouths!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It's like the Uber story all over again!

Obviously fake, but his reputation makes these stories seem like one part ridiculous folklore, and one part just another day in the Senators world with the evil el cheapo.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
The behaviour of MacLeod is worse IMO. You're an elected official getting plastered in public and then getting confrontational with someone over something as petty as sports and throwing your position of power around as if it makes you better than someone else.

Yeah, Melnyk looks like a tool telling the media the story while also trying to downplay how affected he was by it. But, if this wasn't Melnyk, but instead some random person getting mocked by a beligerent and drunk MPP, it'd be frontpage news in the Sun regardless.

Reactions: coladin

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You should post the ones you have.

Would not have gone to see the Stones, at a general admission outdoor concert, in this weather.

Besides, already saw The Rolling Stones with The J. Geils Band and the Greg Kihn Band in Seattle in October of 1981

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The behaviour of MacLeod is worse IMO. You're an elected official getting plastered in public and then getting confrontational with someone over something as petty as sports and throwing your position of power around as if it makes you better than someone else.

Yeah, Melnyk looks like a tool telling the media the story while also trying to downplay how affected he was by it. But, if this wasn't Melnyk, but instead some random person getting mocked by a beligerent and drunk MPP, it'd be frontpage news in the Sun regardless.

I dunno it seemed to work for Elizabeth May.

Raze The Stray

Duuuuuude
Aug 5, 2009
Auto-wah
“But I’m working on it.”

As he said "I can never repay"

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
No one can say she wasn't honest. I probably wouldn't have held back as much as she did though.

The fan who extended that bum's worthless excuse of a life via organ donation owes the fanbase an apology.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Melncyk has framed this as him versus negative fans, this is human beings versus a man with no values that we recognize in ourselves.

Melnyck loves to play the victim whenever he can - he did it with Ruddy, he did it with Heatley, he does it to the media, he singles out teenage trolls - this city just wants a leader at the front of its leading eyeball getter.

The man just brings negativity wherever he goes - and he’s wasted the goodwill of an entire city and fanbase and that’s hard to do.

There’s something about a very privileged person who is ungrateful, uncooperative, slimmy and preachy that will just never be accepted by anyone, in Ottawa or any other part of the world because sports is about shared experience and I don’t think anyone shares the same mindset as Melnyck because the man has a mind poisoned by ego and arrogance

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
One positive about this absolutely unnecessary story that Melnyk just doesn't want to go away is that we are most definitely gonna get another Melnyk radio tour. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad